- - - - -

Borderline v2.0 Stack

borderline phytochemicals augmented therapy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:22 AM

Those days before were nothing but finding trees and carrying logs, nothing but a springboard to the house-making of present.

This thread will take a symptom-by-symptom approach. Sort of like my new job where I fix one computer bug at a time.

I decided to exclude (or reduce to honorable mention) stuff like fish oil, exercise, good food, uplifting music or a faithful attitude.. because nobody wants to hear that stuff for the millionth time anyways am i right? So without further ado homies and homettes, i give you big pimpin's (aka gamesguru's) borderline v2.0 stack

Emotional sensitivity
the most prominent feature of the borderline personality, also perhaps the least understood
probably due to: dysregulated nicotinic[1] and serotonergic circuits[2]
solutions: chamomile and L-theanine
it's also one of the hardest symptoms to treat.  i wouldn't expect the world of tea. and while the chamomile is a new suggestion, i have good reasons on paper for believing in it

Negative ideation
closely related to the other features but still deserving of its own class
probably due to: dysregulated dopamine[1] and opioid[2] circuits
solutions: magnesium and bacopa
magnesium for the most part you want to take a lot it of every day, but the bacopa can come and go as your body pleases. listen to your body

Self-harm
often presented as subclinical, fidgeting, or compulsive skin picking
probably due to: altered cortisol metabolism[1] and dysregulated opioid[2] circuits
solutions: grapefruit and ginkgo
also a tricky one to treat.  2-3 grapefruits a day should restore a normal stress response. the ginkgo i'm less assured of, so treat it like the bacopa

Dissociation
an umbrella term encompassing symptoms such as identity disturbance, affective psychosis and paranormal experience
probably due to: dysregulated opioid[1] and glutamate[2] circuits
solutions: naltrexone? and turmeric
take the turmeric daily with pepper, it's not terribly effective but i haven't found better glutamate inhibitors

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#2 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:25 PM

is it working for you?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gamesguru

• Topic Starter
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

i'm told it works well as long as you don't miss a dose, as long as your supplements are standardized

i'm especially interested to hear people's results with grapefruit, chamomile and magnesium.  they appear to be active in the low micromolar range on systems with definite links to borderline traits.  the opioid site is sort of the last hurdle to overcome, i think chamomile with alpha-7s in the amygdala is going to be a big piece to the puzzle

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: borderline, phytochemicals, augmented therapy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users