IV NR

addiction

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Journey2016

• 86 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:32 AM

Why is this topic not spoken about as much?

Have a look at this IV mixing amino acids with NR

I found this particular treatment via fourm recommendations of people claiming it changed there life and cured addictions.

If an IV treatment can save peoples lifes im not sure why we dont talk more about it.

The cost is huge and ive always considered this in the UK but the US seem more advanced with this.

http://chwbonline.co...s/neurorecover/

Edited by Journey2016, 31 December 2017 - 01:33 AM.

• like x 1

#2 Journey2016

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:47 AM

Also this info from another site.

I dont read info like this on this forum and i find it odd as its full of NR and nad+ talk.

How NAD BR+ Therapy is Different
After numerous years of looking for the right formula to maximize delivery of NAD+, NAD BR+ was created. Administered both in intravenous form as well as a nasal spray, the proprietary formula is compounded in a state-of-the-art, FDA-regulated facility, that can only be found in a small number of medical offices in the world and requires special licensing and training. “The thing that distinguishes the NAD BR+ product, and the way the protocols distinguish themselves are the added experience of all the clinicians when we compile information,” states Dr. Mestayer. “For instance, in our protocols now we’re using a lot of Liposomal C. We don’t use the IV C because we’re trying to preserve patients veins because we’re giving them 10 days of IVs and these are people who may have used their veins for IV use. So we have to be careful about that. We’re also using amino acids that we’re blending in.”

The quality and formula separate it from other NAD+ therapies and supplements. As Dr. Mestayer puts it, “Well first of all, it’s the best form of NAD. It’s the most pure that we have been able to find. We have tested every raw material in the world, and it is the purest and the most potent, so to speak. The problem with impurities are….you would be surprised. We found other things like lead and mercury. You know, if you got a 92 percent pure product, what’s the other 8 percent? So this product is 100 percent, maybe 99.9 percent pure. I look at all the certificates of analysis, and the other thing is, the pharmacy sends off 1 vial out of 25 for independent analysis. The standard is 1 out of 300, but they exceed the standard because they know it has to be perfect every time. That’s what sets us apart – the purity of the product and the way we use it in protocols and combinations with other nutrients.”

As for safety and side effects, Dr. Mestayer assures that the completely nutrient-based and natural formula is very safe. “There are not any reports or anything of long-term side effects. There’s a short term effect if the drip is going too fast.” The two areas of precaution are those with MTHFR gene mutations (as there is a methylation issue with high doses of NAD) and patients with bipolar disorder (NAD may activate a manic episode in these patients).

#3 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

IV maybe too expensive and inconvenient. Has anyone tried sublingual? The oral route benefits the liver most because of the first pass. Other organs

benefit mostly from raised NAD+ in the blood. Sublingual may be able to deliver more NR directly to other organs.

So 250MG in the morning orally and 250MG in the evening sublingually could be a good idea.

Edited by MikeDC, 02 January 2018 - 05:47 PM.

#4 Journey2016

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

Thanks for the reply mike.

I dont want to sound daft but how do i take my HPN NR tabs sublingually?

I take around 750/1gram a day

#5 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

You can start by opening one capsule and pour the powder under the tongue. Let it melt and desolve and absorb before swallowing it.

#6 Journey2016

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:05 PM

And this is better than just taking the pill as it come?

I have a nano amino acid liquid that required swishing in the mouth for 1min before swallowing so it absorbs.

The idea was that it can cross the blood brain barrior.

#7 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:11 PM

And this is better than just taking the pill as it come?

I have a nano amino acid liquid that required swishing in the mouth for 1min before swallowing so it absorbs.

The idea was that it can cross the blood brain barrior.

the idea is to bypass liver with a small portion of NR. I don’t guarantee it will work. Just a thought

#8 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

You can start by opening one capsule and pour the powder under the tongue. Let it melt and desolve and absorb before swallowing it.

I just started doing that for a couple days. Dont know about the absorption efficiency but as a method its doable

#9 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:24 PM

The worst it can happen is it didn’t absorb and you have to flush it down with water. Nothing is lost.

I just started doing that for a couple days. Dont know about the absorption efficiency but as a method its doable

#10 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:45 AM

Just a small word of caution here. While the contents of HPN NR seems rather mild, capsules of other brands may contain fillers and excipients that are not meant to dissolve anywhere else than in the stomach.

• Good Point x 1

#11 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

Just a small word of caution here. While the contents of HPN NR seems rather mild, capsules of other brands may contain fillers and excipients that are not meant to dissolve anywhere else than in the stomach.

I tried on HPN niagen yesterday. It was just too much to absorb. They told me there is zero fillers in the capsules.

#12 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

The old NR thread moderated by Bryan_S had a lot of discussion about sub-lingual NR a few years back.  

I believe that even had some impact on HPN using a formula with no fillers so it would work better.

Since then, we've had a lot more research come out indicating a substantial % of NR is likely digested to NAM, or quickly converted to NAD+ in liver and very little is freely circulating as NR in blood.

To me, this more recent research does make NR IV and sub-lingual NR sound like  promising options to get more NR to cells outside the liver.  Although Bryan_s no longer recommends it

Edited by able, 03 January 2018 - 05:55 PM.

• Informative x 1

#13 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:16 PM

The old NR thread moderated by Bryan_S had a lot of discussion about sub-lingual NR a few years back.

I believe that even had some impact on HPN using a formula with no fillers so it would work better.

Since then, we've had a lot more research come out indicating a substantial % of NR is likely digested to NAM, or quickly converted to NAD+ in liver and very little is freely circulating as NR in blood.

To me, this more recent research does make NR IV and sub-lingual NR sound like promising options to get more NR to cells outside the liver. Although Bryan_s no longer recommends it

There is no definitive conclusion that most NR is converted to NAD+ in the liver and even less evidence that NR is decomposed to N+R. Let’s not continue the arguments here.

All we know now is when you take NR, your whole body benefits from liver to brain and to skin. It would be nice to know the mechanism of NR transfer inside the body, but it doesn’t affect us taking advantage of NR.
  • Ill informed x 1

#14 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:16 PM

I hope Bryan still follows these threads, for he is the giant on whose shoulders we stand today. I would like to hear his present take on this issue.

#15 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

Agree with MikeDC:  many studies lately seem to indicate a broad spectrum effect of oral intake.

Yet  I can understand the interest in IV, sublingual, liposomal NR.

#16 Journey2016

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

Has anyone made a liposomal NR? Ive just picked up some liposomal C

I have used NAD nasal spray called stemcrave.. made me feel tired in the mornings

#17 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

To me, this more recent research does make NR IV and sub-lingual NR sound like promising options to get more NR to cells outside the liver. Although Bryan_s no longer recommends it

There is no definitive conclusion that most NR is converted to NAD+ in the liver and even less evidence that NR is decomposed to N+R. Let’s not continue the arguments here.

All we know now is when you take NR, your whole body benefits from liver to brain and to skin. It would be nice to know the mechanism of NR transfer inside the body, but it doesn’t affect us taking advantage of NR.

Here's a few quotes from the MOST RECENT review of NR, NMN, NAD+ metabolism:

"a substantial fraction of orally administered NR is likely converted into nicotinamide by first-pass metabolism in the liver or by hydrolysis in the blood circulation before its uptake into other tissues in vivo (Figure 2)"

"Furthermore, it has recently been reported that NR, but not NMN, is unstable and quickly degrades into nicotinamide in murine plasma or fetal-bovine-serum- containing culture medium "

They do believe SOME NR  reaches other tissues intact:

"strongly supporting the conclusion that at least part of the compounds administered reaches the target tissues before being degraded to nicotinamide. "

So if they are correct, it is likely the additional benefits from NR (vs NAM)  are mostly due to the % of NR that makes it through to cells outside the liver.  And if we can increase that % it would be to our benefit.  

Just because NR isn't 100% available to cells throughout the body doesn't mean it is the same as NAM.

• Informative x 1

#18 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

Has anyone made a liposomal NR? Ive just picked up some liposomal C

I have used NAD nasal spray called stemcrave.. made me feel tired in the mornings

First time i heard of liposomal was:

https://www.google.c...6j6pgoAbtIiqt0l

#19 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:52 PM

I believe NR or NMN oral supplementation results in a majority of them converted to NAD+ in the liver. The NAD+ are then transported in the blood to other organs.

There is no doubt that oral supplementation of NAM does not have the same effect as NR. NR increases insulin sensitivity and NAM decreases it. NR and NMN down regulate NAMPT and inflammation and NAM up regulate NAMPT and inflammation. This difference alone determines NR and NMN can extend life span while NAM will not.

Edited by MikeDC, 03 January 2018 - 08:53 PM.

• Ill informed x 3

#20 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:01 PM

I also believe NR and MNM are more beneficial than NAM.

But I don't see how the portion of NR or NMN supplements that convert to NAD+ in the liver are any more beneficial than NAM.

NAM is MORE effective than NR at elevating NAD+ in the liver, Mg for Mg.

Niacin is MUCH FASTER than NR at elevating NAD+ in the liver.

Clearly, if NR is more effective at some things, it must be the % of NR that does NOT digest to NAM or convert to NAD+ in the liver that makes it more effective, else NAM and Niacin  would be as good or better.

NR -> NAD+ in liver = no big deal

Edited by able, 03 January 2018 - 09:05 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

#21 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

I also believe NR and MNM are more beneficial than NAM.

But I don't see how the portion of NR or NMN supplements that convert to NAD+ in the liver are any more beneficial than NAM.

NAM is MORE effective than NR at elevating NAD+ in the liver, Mg for Mg.

Niacin is MUCH FASTER than NR at elevating NAD+ in the liver.

Clearly, if NR is more effective at some things, it must be the % of NR that does NOT digest to NAM or convert to NAD+ in the liver that makes it more effective, else NAM and Niacin would be as good or better.

NR -> NAD+ in liver = no big deal

No matter how much data we have we will always have doubters. People who are getting good results will keep taking it. Other people can take NAM. We will check back in 20 years and see who is more healthy.
  • dislike x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#22 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:03 PM

Please pass this along to someone who might be interested.

NAD+ is a molecule that we think treats all age related diseases as well as drug addiction.  We think that science will continue to prove that it's prehaps the most important molecule to longevity

The third leading causing of death in the USA is drug overdose. It's now the leading cause of death from ages 18-60. After 65, you have to deal with the usual causes of aging like heart disease, cancer, Alzheimers, etc.

What if there was something that can lessen all these problems?

That's what a molecule called NAD+ I think does and it prolongs life.

Would you like to attend my conference? Do you know anyone in the addiction, aging or neuroscience field?

In less than two weeks from now, phase 1 of my project is complete which is to host an international conference on a molecule called NAD+, which is purported to be the most important molecule in aging.

The conference has 2 days and over a dozen speakers (MDs and top scientists).

Day 1 is how we use NAD+ in a medical clinic to get people off of drugs, heal brain related problems and increase energy.

Day 2 is on the science of NAD.

The conference website: www.nadsummit2018.com

sponsorwww.nadtreatmentcenter.com

Chromadex the main manufacturer of NR is also sponsoring the event.  

Testimonials: www.nadtreatmentcenter.com/testimonials

Podcast:  https://bengreenfiel...ts/what-is-nad/

#23 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

NAD+ is a molecule that we think treats all age related diseases as well as drug addiction.  We think that science will continue to prove that it's prehaps the most important molecule to longevity

The third leading causing of death in the USA is drug overdose. It's now the leading cause of death from ages 18-60. After 65, you have to deal with the usual causes of aging like heart disease, cancer, Alzheimers, etc.

Would you like to attend my conference? Do you know anyone in the addiction, aging or neuroscience field?

In less than two weeks from now, phase 1 of my project is complete which is to host an international conference on a molecule called NAD+, which is purported to be the most important molecule in aging.

Day 1 is how we use NAD+ in a medical clinic to get people off of drugs, heal brain related problems and increase energy.

#24 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

#25 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:41 AM

pinballwizard - any news from the conference?

#26 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:14 AM

I have a doctor here who would likely be willing to do this. He does IV Vit C and meyers cocktail, etc 

Question though is simple: Is there a supplier that he can get a pure enough product to use in an IV? 

anyone know? 

#27 TMNMK

• 170 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:41 PM

Personally, I think it would be incredibly irresponsible to use a purported NR product verified only by NMR on a small sample of the batch (by necessity, how NMR works).  Love 'em or hate 'em, the only choice (especially for IV) in my mind is Chromadex. And you would have to reach out to them directly to ask for NR that is not yet combined with the filler. Likely there would need to be a lawyer involved to be sure that using the product in a fashion that they do not prescribe would not come back on them, that the risks you take are your own.

Edited by TMNMK, 17 June 2018 - 04:44 PM.

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: addiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users