• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone tried Forskolin, bacopa, evodiamine or berberine?

sert

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

Anyone tried either of these 4 supplements how do they make you feel ? all of these Increase SERT (Serotonin transporter) expression which will result in lower active serotonin thus reducing anxiety.

Edited by farshad, 10 January 2018 - 04:55 PM.

#2 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:06 PM

Forskolin - crap and headaches

Bacopa -- works great and helps reset both serotonin and GABA receptors

have no experience with the rest

And I would not be too sure about increased SERT activity lowering anxiety. Pulling serotonin off the synaptic cleft too early can actually cause anxiety.

Overactive SERT is implicated in Autism Spectrum related anxiety

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4370364/

Edited by sensei, 10 January 2018 - 05:10 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

And I would not be too sure about increased SERT activity lowering anxiety. Pulling serotonin off the synaptic cleft too early can actually cause anxiety.

hm I thought people with autism had High serotonin.. 

but im pretty sure High SERT means less stress and slower SERT more prone to anxiety and stuff.

https://www.nature.c...rticles/4002149

when you say bacopa worked great what do you mean ? anxiety reduction if yes by how much?

#4 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

hm I thought people with autism had High serotonin..

but im pretty sure High SERT means less stress and slower SERT more prone to anxiety and stuff.
https://www.nature.c...rticles/4002149

when you say bacopa worked great what do you mean ? anxiety reduction if yes by how much?
Autistics tend to have higher blood serotonin, because it's been pulled off the receptor by a highly active SERT.

Bacopa was very homeostatic, fixed the GABA downregulation I had due to long term moderate dose benzo therapy.

At the doses required for activity, it tends to give you a mild serotonin glow, calmness, brighter colors, ...

Edited by sensei, 11 January 2018 - 02:57 AM.

#5 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:59 AM

Something you may want to try is CEFTRIAXONE, yes the beta lactam antibiotic.

It is an EAAT2 upregulator, which increases glutamate transport, and completely abolished ethanol withdrawal anxiety in rats.

It upregulates it in people also.

The rat dose was 100-200mg/kg, which seems high, but the human dose for ear infections is 50mg/kg im

Edited by sensei, 11 January 2018 - 03:01 AM.

#6 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:34 PM

So is that definitely a thing that serotonin increases anxiety? Why are doctors prescribing ssri's for anxiety then? 

• like x 1

#7 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:10 AM

So is that definitely a thing that serotonin increases anxiety? Why are doctors prescribing ssri's for anxiety then? 

I dont know maybe it helps depression

but some "SSRIs" seem to increase SERT and decrease synaptic serotonin, at last after a period of weeks. I think they might decrease it during the initial (go postal) 6 weeks or so, acouple of papers speculate a later increase above baseline due to a "hormetic effect" or "rebound".

#8 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:42 PM

but some "SSRIs" seem to increase SERT and decrease synaptic serotonin, at last after a period of weeks. I think they might decrease it during the initial (go postal) 6 weeks or so, acouple of papers speculate a later increase above baseline due to a "hormetic effect" or "rebound".

I think you can have anxiety from depression. So you have to fix the underlying psychological problems that are giving you anxiety. Medicine aids in the coping process of this, that is something I have been thinking about lately. So a medicine should decrease anxiety but also make you come to the realization of why you are feeling that way and why you shouldn't feel that way. 

Edited by Jiminy Glick, 13 January 2018 - 08:44 PM.

#9 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:49 PM

I think you can have anxiety from depression. So you have to fix the underlying psychological problems that are giving you anxiety. Medicine aids in the coping process of this, that is something I have been thinking about lately. So a medicine should decrease anxiety but also make you come to the realization of why you are feeling that way and why you shouldn't feel that way. 

well I dont care if you can have anxiety from depression or vice versa . All I know is SERT (serotonin transporter) is the biggest thing involved in anxiety. More SERT expression = less anxiety and less SERT expression = more anxiety

thats as far as my science goes, thats why I wanna speed it up. If you do a google search you will not find anyone on any websites that has tried speeding their SERT up . Which is weird because of the involvement it has in Anxiety.

Edited by farshad, 13 January 2018 - 08:50 PM.

#10 brosci

• 269 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:17 AM

I've taken the high dose thorne berberine -- constipation has never been an issue for me, but with this supplement, it was almost a comical level of constipation.  Aside from that, mood-wise, it seemed to brighten things up -- more so than curcumin, but still subtle and within the realm of placebo.

With bacopa, I don't recall noticing much.

I've taken CILTEP, but I think I was feeling the ALCAR more than the rest of the ingredients.  Overall, I didn't notice much.

Edited by brosci, 14 January 2018 - 07:18 AM.

#11 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

well I dont care if you can have anxiety from depression or vice versa . All I know is SERT (serotonin transporter) is the biggest thing involved in anxiety. More SERT expression = less anxiety and less SERT expression = more anxiety

thats as far as my science goes, thats why I wanna speed it up. If you do a google search you will not find anyone on any websites that has tried speeding their SERT up . Which is weird because of the involvement it has in Anxiety.

Ok well thanks for this thread because I had just recently heard of this so I will like to see where this goes. I had been taking tryptophan for depression but also have severe anxiety so I did drop it. I have heard very good things about bacopa. It regulates all your neurotransmitters so that is probably the method it uses. 

Edited by Jiminy Glick, 14 January 2018 - 08:58 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:32 PM

Ok well thanks for this thread because I had just recently heard of this so I will like to see where this goes. I had been taking tryptophan for depression but also have severe anxiety so I did drop it. I have heard very good things about bacopa. It regulates all your neurotransmitters so that is probably the method it uses. 

By using multiple herbs, you are also ensuring multiple modes of action.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users