Antioxidant timing/damage/Nrf2?

supplement

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

I’ve been reading lately a lot of studies are showing antioxidants post workout can be harmful. Vitamin C and E can affect insulin sensitivity but I can’t seem to find if they mean taking it directly post workout or within an hour or so? Or if they mean high vitamin C and E in general? I don’t really care about the insulin sensitivity as that’s mainly controlled from diet but if taking certain antioxidants post workout can cause negative side effects like an increase in free radicals and oxidative stress I’d probably want to avoid that. Then after further reading it seems that taking too many antioxidants can cause the opposite for your health. It seems to be suggested that all you need is to activate the NR F2 pathway it seems that taking too many antioxidants can cause the opposite for your health. It seems to be suggested that all you need is to activate the Nrf2 pathway which can be obtained from only 4 supplements:
Curcumin
Resveratrol
EGCG

And lastly through sulforaphane found in cruciferous vegetables or to supplement with Glucoraphanin. I would think it better Supplement than this would be DIM and a greens formula.

So now I’m a little confused and worried that my arsenal of antioxidants I take could be causing more Cellular damage opposed to if I was not taking anything or only using the four supplements above to activate NRF2?

Thoughts?

Edited by John250, 11 January 2018 - 07:14 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users