Sensitive Serotonin receptors

serotonin receptors

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

hello I did a genetic test and it said I have sensitive serotonin receptors that dont get disentized so Serotonin always has an big effect on me.... Is this common genetic mutation? Doesent seem like it. Are there people with sensitive say dopamine receptors or something ? So how do you fix sensitive receptors ? with an serotonin antagonist?

Edited by farshad, 17 January 2018 - 04:54 PM.

#2 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

what genetic test and what mutation was it?

SSRI are used to desensitize 5HT receptors, this is why people get worse before they get better on SSRI. low dose psychedelics supposedly do the same.

here is a good read: https://selfhacked.c...blems-and-cirs/

Edited by jack black, 17 January 2018 - 05:12 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:32 AM

SSRI are used to desensitize 5HT receptors, this is why people get worse before they get better on SSRI. low dose psychedelics supposedly do the same.

rs1049353

https://www.snpedia....x.php/Rs1049353

Do you know anything about it? 

this is the description I got: rs1049353 TT = The T allele of rs1049353 may cause lower receptor numbers and less activation. With this variation, the receptors also don't become significantly less sensitive when activated - i.e. you don't build up tolerance.

So from this I can gather I have low Serotonin transporters and Sensitive Serotonin receptors.

Edited by farshad, 18 January 2018 - 02:59 AM.

#4 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:18 PM

rs1049353

https://www.snpedia....x.php/Rs1049353

Do you know anything about it? 

this is the description I got: rs1049353 TT = The T allele of rs1049353 may cause lower receptor numbers and less activation. With this variation, the receptors also don't become significantly less sensitive when activated - i.e. you don't build up tolerance.

So from this I can gather I have low Serotonin transporters and Sensitive Serotonin receptors.

someone gave you wrong info. it has nothing to do with serotonin. from my (free) codegen interp:

GET-Evidence: rs1049353 Genecard: CNR1

Based on a study of 256 Caucasian patients being treated for depression, carriers of a rs1049353(G) allele were less likely to respond favorably, particularly if they were females with comorbid anxiety.
rs806368© together with rs1049353(A) or rs1049353(G) make up a haplotype associated with PTSD, with the C-A haplotype somewhat associated (p=0.04) with higher risk of PTSD and the C-G haplotype associated (p=0.01) with a lower risk of PTSD.
Cannabis receptor haplotype associated with fewer cannabis dependence symptoms in adolescents.
No evidence for an involvement of variants in the cannabinoid receptor gene (CNR1) in obesity in German children and adolescents.
The G1422A variant of the cannabinoid receptor gene (CNR1) is associated with abdominal adiposity in obese men.
No association of CNR1 gene variations with susceptibility to schizophrenia.
Polymorphisms of the cannabinoid 1 receptor gene and cognitive impairment in multiple sclerosis.
Association between single nucleotide polymorphisms in the cannabinoid receptor gene (CNR1) and impulsivity in southwest California Indians.
Cannabinoid receptor 1 gene association with nicotine dependence.
Cannabinoid type-1 receptor gene polymorphisms are associated with central obesity in a Southern Brazilian population.
Lack of association of genetic variants in genes of the endocannabinoid system with anorexia nervosa.
Evidence for association between polymorphisms in the cannabinoid receptor 1 (CNR1) gene and cannabis dependence.
Genetic variation in cannabinoid receptor 1 (CNR1) is associated with derangements in lipid homeostasis, independent of body mass index.
Interaction between two independent CNR1 variants increases risk for cocaine dependence in European Americans: a replication study in family-based sample and population-based sample.
CB1 expression is attenuated in Fallopian tube and decidua of women with ectopic pregnancy.
Candidate genes for cannabis use disorders: findings, challenges and directions.
Association of CNR1 and FAAH endocannabinoid gene polymorphisms with anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa: evidence for synergistic effects.
The implication of CNR1 gene's polymorphisms in the modulation of endocannabinoid system effects.
Eating disorders: the current status of molecular genetic research.
Investigation of CNR1 and FAAH endocannabinoid gene polymorphisms in bipolar disorder and major depression.
CNR1 gene polymorphisms in addictive disorders: a systematic review and a meta-analysis.
G1359A polymorphism of the cannabinoid receptor gene (CNR1) and insulin resistance in patients with diabetes mellitus type 2.
Role of genetic variation in the cannabinoid type 1 receptor gene (CNR1) in the pathophysiology of human obesity.
Endocannabinoid Pro129Thr FAAH functional polymorphism but not 1359G/A CNR1 polymorphism is associated with antipsychotic-induced weight gain.
Are endocannabinoid type 1 receptor gene (CNR1) polymorphisms associated with obesity and metabolic syndrome in postmenopausal Polish women?
A common variation in the cannabinoid 1 receptor (CNR1) gene is associated with pre-eclampsia in the Central European population.
Cannabinoid type 1 receptor gene polymorphisms are not associated with olanzapine-induced weight gain.
Cannabinoid Receptor Genotype Moderation of the Effects of Childhood Physical Abuse on Anhedonia and Depression.

Relevant papers and external links:

PMID 18579347 PMID 18213623 PMID 16917946 PMID 17292652 PMID 17873324 PMID 17881126 PMID 17942526 PMID 18179391 PMID 18606954 PMID 18776593 PMID 19014633 PMID 19016476 PMID 19018721 PMID 19052543 PMID 19093002 PMID 19335651 PMID 19659925 PMID 19886064 PMID 20033240 PMID 20080186 PMID 20192949 PMID 20204253 PMID 20415562 PMID 20631561 PMID 20838400 PMID 21129839 PMID 21695734 PMID 22393204

#5 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

https://www.selfdeco.../snp/rs1049353/

I have the TT allele.  

Mechanism

• The T allele may cause lower CB1 receptor numbers and less CB1 activation, although this has not been experimentally confirmed (R).
  • With this variation, the receptors also don't become significantly less sensitive when activated (R)
  • The T allele of this polymorphism could result in an increase in receptor protein production (via more stable mRNA) (R).

Maybe im wrong. But the site I used this gene was under Serotonin so I assumed it had something  to do with serotonin . Something about 

Serotonin transporter gene polymorphism.

but yeah im way off here... But is there such thing as sensitive serotonin/dopamine receptors?

Edited by farshad, 18 January 2018 - 02:50 PM.

#6 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

I have the TT allele.  

Mechanism

• The T allele may cause lower CB1 receptor numbers and less CB1 activation, although this has not been experimentally confirmed (R).
  • With this variation, the receptors also don't become significantly less sensitive when activated (R)
  • The T allele of this polymorphism could result in an increase in receptor protein production (via more stable mRNA) (R).

Maybe im wrong. But the site I used this gene was under Serotonin so I assumed it had something  to do with serotonin . Something about 

but yeah im way off here... But is there such thing as sensitive serotonin/dopamine receptors?

yes, but those are cannabinoid receptors and not serotonin receptors. now, there is a connection between those: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/23151877

but someone smarter than myself would have to weigh on this.

let me ask you a question, have you done weed? how did you react?

have you clicked on the link on the post#2?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:50 AM

I have the TT allele.  

Mechanism

yes, but those are cannabinoid receptors and not serotonin receptors. now, there is a connection between those: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/23151877

but someone smarter than myself would have to weigh on this.

let me ask you a question, have you done weed? how did you react?

have you clicked on the link on the post#2?

yah thats what I thought that they were connected somehow

no havent tried weed 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: serotonin receptors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users