Why did Zyprexa kill my Social anxiety?

question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:56 AM

So zyprexa is the only med that has fully cured my social anxiety.. I wanna know how? I believe because it blocks so many serotonin receptors... But seroquel didnt work.... So what could it have been?  

Edited by farshad, 25 January 2018 - 09:57 AM.

#2 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:23 PM

zyprexa​ is much stronger. it has higher affinity for 5ht2ar and it's inverse agonist vs antagonist.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:54 AM

zyprexa​ is much stronger. it has higher affinity for 5ht2ar and it's inverse agonist vs antagonist.

whats the diff inverse agonist n antagonist

#4 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:43 AM

The reason it works, may be because you have Autism - your anxiety is then DIRECTLY linked to those symptoms.

Olanzapine (zyprexa) is one of the hall-mark drugs used to treat Aggression in Autism, there's even reports on this very forum from users wherein it worked fairly well. This doesn't mean that you have such issues, you obviously don't - HOWever, aggression can sometimes actually be a symptom of anxiety - i.e, anxiety causes one to become frightened and then lashing out in anger in order to protect oneself - so, many of the Autistic patients with anger taking the drug, may in reality have terrible anxiety which then takes a more extroverted representation - instead of directing the anxious feelings inside of themselves, they direct them outwards, where they look like anger and violence.

As such, that may be why Olanzapine works on your social anxiety.

Now, HOW it does this... I haven't a clue - I haven't looked into it enough to say anything for certain - the modes of action of AP's are very complicated.

Ultimately, does it matter HOW it works though? As long as it keeps working, you don't actually have to put any more energy into this - if you eventually experience lessening of the effects then it might be warranted, until then, simply sit back, get back to your special interests and finally start enjoying some things in life again! : )

References:

------------------

Use of Atypical Antipsychotics in the Treatment of Autistic Disorder

https://www.medscape...rticle/555747_6

Aggression in autism spectrum disorder: presentation and treatment options

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4922773/

#5 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:53 AM

The reason it works, may be because you have Autism - your anxiety is then DIRECTLY linked to those symptoms.

Olanzapine (zyprexa) is one of the hall-mark drugs used to treat Aggression in Autism, there's even reports on this very forum from users wherein it worked fairly well. This doesn't mean that you have such issues, you obviously don't - HOWever, aggression can sometimes actually be a symptom of anxiety - i.e, anxiety causes one to become frightened and then lashing out in anger in order to protect oneself - so, many of the Autistic patients with anger taking the drug, may in reality have terrible anxiety which then takes a more extroverted representation - instead of directing the anxious feelings inside of themselves, they direct them outwards, where they look like anger and violence.

As such, that may be why Olanzapine works on your social anxiety.

Now, HOW it does this... I haven't a clue - I haven't looked into it enough to say anything for certain - the modes of action of AP's are very complicated.

Ultimately, does it matter HOW it works though? As long as it keeps working, you don't actually have to put any more energy into this - if you eventually experience lessening of the effects then it might be warranted, until then, simply sit back, get back to your special interests and finally start enjoying some things in life again! : )

References:

------------------

Use of Atypical Antipsychotics in the Treatment of Autistic Disorder

https://www.medscape...rticle/555747_6

Aggression in autism spectrum disorder: presentation and treatment options

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4922773/

so I could try abilify and it will work too? Isnt seroquel for autism too?

But Im curious how it worked for me the zyprexa maybe it was the histamine that made me think it worked for social anxiety cus it was just 1 dosage.. Or does zyprexa even act on histamine? 

if you do find out why zyprexa worked let me know.,

Also I got mirtazapine yesterday I took 30mg felt nothing. Its an antagonism on 5ht2. When I tried white willow bark (a supplement u can get OTC) I felt a little relief. its an antagonist at 5ht2 .. So its weird.. Maybe mirtazapine doesent actually do anything on serotonin receptors? 

Edited by farshad, 26 January 2018 - 12:10 PM.

#6 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:35 PM

whats the diff inverse agonist n antagonist

An inverse agonist binds to a receptor, similarly to an agonist, but the signals it triggers from the receptor causes the same effect in the cell as an antagonist.

An antagonist attaches powerfully to a receptor, doesn't cause any signals, and then blocks any further signals from the receptor into the cell.

https://en.wikipedia...Inverse_agonist

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 26 January 2018 - 12:37 PM.

#7 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

now that I think about it more it was probably the histamine antagonism that made me think it helped my anxiety . it blocks like 5 of them...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#8 hydrus

• 98 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:06 AM

Zyprexa is pretty good at suppressing brain function. since your brain was the problem in the first place you feel better.

Edited by hydrus, 29 January 2018 - 07:07 AM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users