- - - - -

Daytime tranquilizers

daytime tranquilizer

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Galaxyshock

• 1,466 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:25 PM

Basically I'm looking for something to promote calmness during the day - without causing sleepiness or impaired cognition.

Right now I'm using herbals like Gotu Kola for this purpose but they have become too weak probably due to extensive use.

Latvian drug Mebicar seems to meet the criteria but I don't know if it's available anywhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebicar

#2 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

That's the Holy Grail everyone is looking for. Unobtainium.

From my experience , the only things that come close to that is L-Theanine , Magnesium L-Threonate, or a low dose Escitalopram ( no more than 5mg / day ). Those are the least sedating/cognition impairing of all the anxiolytics I've tried so far. These are not however the most efficient anxiolytics from me, but if you don't need something strong, you could try these.

And there's also meditation.

Edited by BlueCloud, 18 February 2018 - 10:29 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:14 PM

Unobtainium.

Ha! Yeah unobtainium due to the establishment's dumb dumb incompetencipendium.

And there's also meditation.

And full spectrum CBD oil is sometimes chill -- it tends to calm me down. Of course it's expensive, unregulated, who knows what potencies or dosages may help -- due to more medical dumb-dumbicum.

Then there's propranolol, of course, for holy-fucking-shit-panic-now-stage-terror which sometimes strikes when I'm just laying in my hammock watching harmless trees. It sorta works (with a dozen caveats) and low doses also may help prevent cancer and hepatic steatosis. If you're a rodent, obviously, who knows about actual humans.

I tried BlueCloud's lavender essential oil suggestion for super high anxiety (eight drops in olive oil) and I don't seem to be less freaked out yet. I'll try more.

Edited by sthira, 18 February 2018 - 11:17 PM.

#4 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:00 AM

I asked the same question basically a few days ago: http://www.longecity...2-restlessness/

Stuff that kind of works for me:

1. Phosphatedylserine- in the best case it gives me a great calmness but it does not always work,

2- Intersting stuff to do or read,

3. Distractions like games and tv shows- not an option at work.

Social adversity makes it worse.

Xanax has the paradoxical effect of making me more aggitated at least while at work.

#5 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:41 AM

Mebicar seems to hit more than the average number of receptors in the brain according to Wikipedia. 

Mebicar has an effect on the structure of limbic-reticular activity, particularly on hypothalamus emotional zone, as well as on all 4 basic neuromediator systems – γ aminobutyric acid (GABA), choline, serotonin and adrenergic activity.

I don't think I'd want to take something like that routinely for an extended period of time.  It would be really difficult to predict what the long term manipulation of so many receptor types would do.  Occasional use probably would be no problem.  I'd dealing with down regulation from a z-drug that only hits a limited number of GABA subunits and the long term effects have been rather devastating.

#6 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:01 AM

L-Theanine - Too weak in my experience, takes the edge off from caffeine though

Magnesium L-Threonate - Haven't tried this form, but Magnesium citrate is somewhat calming yet sometimes can produce negative effects too possibly because it increases cholecystokinin release

Escitalopram - Did nothing for me at any dose except when augmenting with Ginseng but no real anxiolysis even then

CBD oil - Worked quite rapidly as sublingual spray, chill feeling indeed but seemed to wear off quite quickly in continuous use

Phosphatidylserine - Haven't tried it, guess it could be worth a shot

I would take the substance 4-5 days a week so yeah, something that produces tolerance and withdrawals like Phenibut is out of question. Is Picamilon any good?

I remember Afobazole being in the similar class of meds as Mebicar:

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Fabomotizole

Edited by Galaxyshock, 19 February 2018 - 09:01 AM.

#7 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

Damn where do I obtain these russian compounds?

Selank might just be what I'm looking for:

In clinical trials, the drug has shown to provide a sustained nootropic and anxiolytic effect which is useful for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).[1] Selank has an advantage over traditional anxiety treatments, such as benzodiazepines, as it has no sedating or negative cognitive side effects and no associated addiction or withdrawal problems.

https://en.wikipedia...g/wiki/Selank  

#8 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

I've not used these guys so this isn't any sort of endorsement, but people around here do order from them and generally report good things.

https://cosmicnootropic.com/

They do have all the Russian anti-anxiety meds you're interested in I believe.

#9 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:02 PM

I've not used these guys so this isn't any sort of endorsement, but people around here do order from them and generally report good things.

https://cosmicnootropic.com/

They do have all the Russian anti-anxiety meds you're interested in I believe.

Thanks for the link. Looks like they indeed have all those meds along with other goodies. I'll have to look into anecdotes a bit to get better understanding of what effects they produce subjectively.

#10 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

Let us know how it goes.  I've considered some of those Russian anti-anxiety meds as several of them don't seem to work through GABA receptors and I'm fighting issues due to do long term use of GABA PAMs.

#11 spacetime

• 191 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:33 AM

Coluracetam has mild anxiolytic/calming effect and actually improves cognition for me. Better than l-theanine or magnesium in terms of anxiolysis. 

Tianeptine sulfate works well and if using a moderate dose it doesn't impair cognition. You could stack it with noopept or piracetam to improve cognition.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

I haven't taken racetams in years because I seemed to have weak response to them. Maybe it would be worth a try to revisit that class of meds. Isn't Aniracetam the most anxiolytic racetam though?

Oh yeah, Tianeptine is indeed pretty effective. Many sellers have run out of it though after people started abusing Tianeptine for the opioid effects in megadoses.

From what I've read about those Russian anxiolytics they may be the kind of drugs that appear good on paper but are rather weak in practice. Not gonna dismiss them though but will have to consider all options.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: daytime, tranquilizer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users