- - - - -

NR sleepy?

sleepy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pepe

• 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

Hi, I have been on NR for about a week now. I first tried an NR supplement from iherb 125mg with pterostilbene bought separate in the mornings and felt very subdued, like my anxiety levels were lowered (but not as much as when I was on niacinamide - which is the reason I looked into NR), but I was also sedated - I had to struggle to keep my eyelids open and stay awake. I thought it might have been the pterostibene and went off it a few days but it was still the same. Undeterred I bought a bottle of Tru Niagen and hoped that the product from Chromadex would deliver. Same reaction from taking 1 125mg pill first thing in the morning.

I went off NR for two days in between the two brands and felt better and more awake.

I am 29yrs female. About 25% body fat, I run for 1h everyday and have a fairly good vo2max. However I struggle with social anxiety and depression and I drag myself to go work out half the time. It's a big mental game and I want to change that.

Am I overdosing or do I need to supplement further? I can't figure out biochemically why i am feeling sleepy.
  • Agree x 1

#2 TMNMK

• 170 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:43 AM

I've had that effect if I increase dosage but my body gets used to it within a few days. If I drop dosage I notice similar effect. Anecdotal obviously, can't say for sure it is or isn't the change in dosage, but what you are experiencing sounds familiar. My suggestion would be to stick with a dosage for awhile and just see if you adapt.

Edited by TMNMK, 23 February 2018 - 03:45 AM.

#3 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:59 AM

I have noticed perhaps something like that and it went off with me also. My best guess is it that NR influences the circadian rhythm. I have used it on long haul flight to manipulate jetlag. Hope you benefit from NR, there are some studies that link depression to sirtuins and NR should help activate those:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4814520/

Edited by stefan_001, 23 February 2018 - 07:03 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sleepy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users