• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

02/20/18 - New Aubrey de Grey Video! ::: Can humans live to be 1,000 years old?

longevity

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Griff

• 68 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

02/20/18 - New Aubrey de Grey Video! ::: Can humans live to be 1,000 years old?

#2 ryukenden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:04 AM

I have listened to many of his. He is all talks and no action? Any progress in any works at SENS?
  • Agree x 1

#3 Griff

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:14 AM

Hello Ryukenden thanks for the quick reply, you are totally right.

Jesus I hope we can openly discuss this here... and that is not thought crime or a bannable offense. I agree to of they or other organizations can be pure talk over and over the same video for 8 years and not too much progress.

• Agree x 2

#4 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:22 AM

Definitely SENS has made big strides forward. Focus on progress positive. We need progressives because all of us are stuck with aging until we're dead. Money and respect appear to be finally rolling into some play for these devoted, inspiring instigators and researchers -- let's cheer for them, help them however we're able. Because: ask yourself, if not SENS, than who? Who has in the past and shall continue advancing of this young science in a non-profit vehicle that's hopefully uncorrupted by too much greed. Is SENS legitimately out for humanity's best interested -- stop suffering, end aging -- or are they just another lie? I like Aubrey; I think he wants you to be a younger person, and your mom, too.

But I think they have some publicity problems, some marketing issues, their website, their outreach, their science explanations, their lack of updates, and as much as I love Aubrey cuz I'm a dreaded up hippie myself, SENS should probably rethink their publicity voice. He's great; he's a nutbag. Is there a middle? We live in a sad, stupid superficial world. We didn't make that world.

What options do we have -- and the foundations of this science are breathtakingly raw and young. 15 or 20 years is literally nothing.
  • unsure x 1

#5 ryukenden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:37 AM

Definitely SENS has made big strides forward. Focus on progress positive. We need progressives because all of us are stuck with aging until we're dead. Money and respect appear to be finally rolling into some play for these devoted, inspiring instigators and researchers -- let's cheer for them, help them however we're able. Because: ask yourself, if not SENS, than who? Who has in the past and shall continue advancing of this young science in a non-profit vehicle that's hopefully uncorrupted by too much greed. Is SENS legitimately out for humanity's best interested -- stop suffering, end aging -- or are they just another lie? I like Aubrey; I think he wants you to be a younger person, and your mom, too.

But I think they have some publicity problems, some marketing issues, their website, their outreach, their science explanations, their lack of updates, and as much as I love Aubrey cuz I'm a dreaded up hippie myself, SENS should probably rethink their publicity voice. He's great; he's a nutbag. Is there a middle? We live in a sad, stupid superficial world. We didn't make that world.

What options do we have -- and the foundations of this science are breathtakingly raw and young. 15 or 20 years is literally nothing.

You may well be right. But do you know what progress have SENS made? Have they found any interesting treatments so far? I am eager to learn what SENS have found. Foxo4dri and etc are not by SENS.
  • Agree x 1

#6 Pizzarulzz

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:07 AM

I have listened to many of his. He is all talks and no action? Any progress in any works at SENS?

yes he only gives Idea about aging and ask for money thats what he is doing fr years , his idea is taken by other companies who are working hard for develop drugs.

• Agree x 2
  • unsure x 1

#7 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:50 PM

Well at least he thought of idea that has inspired other researchers
  • Agree x 3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: longevity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users