- - - - -

Lithium aspartate vs orotate

lithium salts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

I think I don't get the effect from Lithium apartate that I get from the orotate form. Anyone else compared the two? There is a theory that lithium orotate has advantages and conflicting studies that are quite old.

Maye it is really true that the orotate salts of minerals have some kind of special effect?

#2 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:30 PM

Have you analyzed the pills for Lithium content? It's quite possible that it's more like the different brands have different amounts of Lithium in them - it's fully possible that some brands you got were fakes, and didn't contain enough mineral.

It's kind of impossible to answer this question btw - because the science is rather thin. I believe multiple studies have shown that most lithium-salts are very similar though, just that the dosing varies, because of varying bioavailability.

Btw, look into Lithium Salicylate, for the future - it's currently completely unavailable, but it could end up being the greatest of the lithium-salts, since the bioavailability is similar to LiO, but Salicylic Acid itself is also a powerful neuro-anti-inflammatory - thereby increasing efficacy in Bipolar depression even further. Look it up.

(oh, and start requesting nootropics-vendors to actually f***ing manufacture it...)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 airplanepeanuts

• Topic Starter
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:50 PM

Thanks for your answer.

I was using swanson brand for both salts, so that shouldn't have been the problem.

Sure there is no definite answer to this question because of lack of research. But I was asking for experiences! Lithium orotate is more widely used and I am reporting my experience that it is working better than the other form available as a supplement. Maybe others have similar or differing experiences.

#4 Voulezvous

• 61 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:34 AM

Would a compounding pharmacy be able to whip up some lithium salycilate?

Have you analyzed the pills for Lithium content? It's quite possible that it's more like the different brands have different amounts of Lithium in them - it's fully possible that some brands you got were fakes, and didn't contain enough mineral.

It's kind of impossible to answer this question btw - because the science is rather thin. I believe multiple studies have shown that most lithium-salts are very similar though, just that the dosing varies, because of varying bioavailability.

Btw, look into Lithium Salicylate, for the future - it's currently completely unavailable, but it could end up being the greatest of the lithium-salts, since the bioavailability is similar to LiO, but Salicylic Acid itself is also a powerful neuro-anti-inflammatory - thereby increasing efficacy in Bipolar depression even further. Look it up.

(oh, and start requesting nootropics-vendors to actually f***ing manufacture it...)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

Would a compounding pharmacy be able to whip up some lithium salycilate?

I'm not sure... it would probably take a bit more work than they are accustomed to - the base ingredients are certainly something they've got though - Salicylic Acid and Lithium (Li-carbonate most likely) could definitively be used to make it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lithium, salts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users