• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Franco Cortese

Photo

The Boon to Longevity Progress will be Increased Activism, Advocacy & Lobbying

Posted by Franco Cortese , 16 December 2013 - - - - - - · 6,641 views

When asked what the biggest bottleneck for progress in life-extension is, most thinkers and researchers say funding. Others say the biggest bottleneck is breakthroughs, while still others say it’s our way of approaching the problem (i.e. seeking healthy life extension, a.k.a. “aging gracefully”, instead of more comprehensive methods of...

Photo

Call for Contributors: The Prospect of Immortality − Fifty Years Later (Ed. Charles Tandy Ph.D.)

Posted by Franco Cortese , in Essay, Philosophy, Longevity 28 November 2013 - * * * * * · 2,843 views

The Prospect of Immortality − Fifty Years Later

Editor: Charles Tandy, Ph.D.

Publisher: Ria University Press

Distributor: Ingram

Timeline: To be published in 2014 (fifty years after 1964)

CALL FOR CONTRIBUTORS

Please look at...

Photo

Three Specters of Immortality (Talk Given at the Radical Life Extension Conference in Washington D.C)

Posted by Franco Cortese , 02 November 2013 - - - - - - · 5,303 views

The following is the text of a talk I gave at a Radical Life Extension Conference held in the U.S. Capitol on Sunday, September 22nd Talks were also given by Antonei B. Csoka, Gabriel Rothblatt, Tom Mooney, Mark Waser, Gray Scott, Josh Mitteldorf, Maitreya One, Jennifer ‘Dotora’ Huse and Apneet Jolly.

I would like to address what I...

Photo

Immanuel Kant's Moral Philosophy Necessitates Personal Immortality

Posted by Franco Cortese , 20 October 2013 - - - - - - · 4,014 views

Immanuel Kant's Moral Philosophy Necessitates Personal Immortality Immanuel Kant (1724-1804) was an 18th century philosopher, one of the earliest philosophers belonging to the enlightenment tradition, and often considered the father of German Idealism.

Kant is remembered today more for his moral philosophy than his contributions to metaphysics and epistemology (Rohlf 2010).

His contributions to the field of...

Photo

Video Panel with Aubrey de Grey, Franco Cortese, Ilia Stambler and Maria Konovalenko for the London Futurists Broadcast Live on YouTube

Posted by Franco Cortese , 10 October 2013 - * * * * * · 4,524 views

On September 29th I took part in a 4-person panel consisting of Aubrey de Grey, Ilia Stambler, Maria Konovalenko and myself, moderated by David Wood, for a London Futurists event broadcast live on YouTube.

The subjects discussed included...

Photo

New Book - Longevitize!: Essays on the Science, Philosophy & Politics of Longevity

Posted by Franco Cortese , in Franco Cortese, Essay, Philosophy, Longevity 04 September 2013 - - - - - - · 6,033 views
book, essay collection and 4 more...

Posted Image

Containing more than 160 essays from over 40 contributors, this edited volume of essays on the science, philosophy and politics of longevity considers the...

Photo

Radical Life Extension Conference in Washington DC on September 22nd

Posted by Franco Cortese , in Conference, Show, Events, Longevity 28 August 2013 - - - - - - · 62,515 views
longevity, event and 3 more...

Posted Image

LongeCity is presenting a conference in the capitol of the USA on September 22! Space is limited to 300 seats.

Tickets are on sale now!

“Radical LIfe Extension - Are You Ready to Live 1,000...

Photo

Longer Life Will Not Slow Planck's Picture of Progress, But Will Accelerate It!

Posted by Franco Cortese , in Addressing Common Concerns, Franco Cortese, Essay, Longevity, LongeCity Column, Uncategorized 21 August 2013 - * * * * * · 9,286 views
longevity, franco cortese, essay and 4 more...
“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.” ― Max Planck, Scientific Autobiography and Other Papers

We are all still children. As far as the Centenarian is concerned, the only...

Photo

Heidegger, Cooney and The Death-Gives-Meaning-To-Life Hypothesis

longevity, philosophy, essay and 7 more...
One common argument against indefinite lifespans is that a definitive limit to one’s life – that is, death – provides some essential baseline reference, and that it is only in contrast to this limiting factor that life has any meaning at all. In this article I refute the argument’s underlying premises, and then argue that even if...

MyBlogLog

March 2024

S M T W T F S
24252627 28 2930

3 user(s) viewing

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search My Blog

My Friends' Blogs

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    Klinok
    03 Jun 2022 - 20:34