• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Danae's Blog

Photo

Anger and aging

Posted by Danae , 04 October 2014 - - - - - - · 1,347 views
anger telomeres, anger heart and 2 more...
Anger and aging Chronically angry people do not just harm others, but are probably causing damage to themselves. Studies have shown that individuals who have problems with anger management age more rapidly because of the damage they do to their bodies. Hostility produces chronic inflammation because of the alterations to neurological and hormonal processes, and will also...

Photo

When a healthy lifestyle is a waste of time....

Posted by Danae , 27 September 2014 - - - - - - · 1,306 views
dna damage, cause of cancer and 2 more...
When a healthy lifestyle is a waste of time.... An old university friend looked me up this week, whose husband is recovering from cancer. His cancer was particularly aggressive, but she smiled when she said the doctors had explained this meant it responded well to chemotherapy and surgery. Troy is an interesting case because he was always a total health fanatic. At university he would only buy organic...

Photo

Urban myths?

Posted by Danae , 21 September 2014 - - - - - - · 967 views
time perception, rural life and 1 more...
Urban myths? Recently an old friend contacted me from Athens. His father, he said, had just died at 101. He had been illiterate, had spent his whole life tending sheep in the Greek countryside, but had gone to Athens to get hospital care after a series of strokes. However, the old man remained completely lucid, and when his children visited him in his hospital bed and...

Photo

Stereotype embodiment

Posted by Danae , 15 September 2014 - * * * * - · 1,159 views
stereotype, age discriminatio
Stereotype embodiment Socially, we hardly notice age discrimination until it is used against us, and this can happen suddenly when a younger person says, “You’re amazing,” and means, “for your age,” or, “Gosh, you’re so agile!” .....or being described as feisty, sweet or still sharp as a knife. It is well meant, and yet makes us feel like we have been punched in the stomach. S...

Photo

How to sound forever young?

Posted by Danae , in Health 12 September 2014 - - - - - - · 1,248 views
vocal chords, joan rivers and 1 more...
How to sound forever young? Joan Rivers had her vocal cords checked at the end of August because she wanted to know why her voice had become so raspy. During an biopsy they began to close up, in what is know as a laryngospasm. Our voice is an indication of our health and our age. A blind colleague said to me recently, listen to this woman , and played me a voice mail message. "She's...

MyBlogLog

March 2024

S M T W T F S
2425262728 29 30

Recent Entries

Twitter

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search My Blog

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo