• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

nootrope's Blog

Photo

bacopa progress

Posted by nootrope , 17 January 2008 - - - - - - · 864 views

I seem to be doing well on bacopa. I think some studies have said benefits may take 12 weeks, so the placebo effect could be at play. Of course people respond to supplements individually as well.

It's nice not to have to worry about interactions with the ashwagandha I'm also taking. These two nootropic herbs have been taken together in India for a...

Photo

bacopa

Posted by nootrope , 11 January 2008 - - - - - - · 895 views

I got ahold of some bacopa. I'll see how well it works for me, if it does. It's another one of those supplements that promises both enhancements to intelligence and improvements of mood.

While in a book store, however, I skimmed a book about nootropics. The book gave to each substance scores both for efficacy and for health risk. Bacopa was rated...

Photo

memory, imagination, far future

Posted by nootrope , 08 January 2008 - - - - - - · 1,029 views

Lack of imagination in older adults linked to declining memory. This interested me because the kind of memory I feel has been improved for me by ashwagandha sounds like the "episodic memory" that this study links to imagination of future...

Photo

nootropics, brains, and moods

Posted by nootrope , 06 January 2008 - - - - - - · 868 views

I'm going to return here to the topic of nootropics. The problem with a regular blog about life extension is that it's hard to link the specific things one's doing with how long one's going to live. Sometimes the advice spins around in circles. 10 years ago as a vegetarian I was concerned about getting enough iron from my diet. So I was...

Photo

faster, forever, and the infinite cups of tea

Posted by nootrope , 05 January 2008 - - - - - - · 771 views

Someone has noticed my awesomeness! Based just on my first entry here I was nominated for a $100 "best blog of the month" award! (And it appears by no less than the Director!)

I've started to think about the HUGE disparity in time scales on which people interested in life-extension have to think about.

On the one hand, time...

Photo

a day without artichokes

Posted by nootrope , 05 January 2008 - - - - - - · 1,045 views

I'd meant to get some artichoke at the grocery yesterday but they were out. A couple of years ago, just when I was used to thinking high-antioxidant foods were the ones with bright colors, a study came out saying artichokes had the highest antioxidant levels. They say artichokes take a long time to cook, but I'm patient. I plan to live a long time...

Photo

Introduction

Posted by nootrope , 02 January 2008 - - - - - - · 825 views

Recently I've become interested in life extension, natural health remedies, nutritional supplements, etc. This blog is for me to keep track of my experiences and ideas on the subject and to get feedback.

I'm 40 years old, an unemployed astrophysicist. I've been a teacher and a researcher, but I've also had problems with some combination of...

April 2024

S M T W T F S
1415161718 19 20

Recent Entries

3 user(s) viewing

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users