• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Interview with Aschwin de Wolf

Posted by s123 , 19 February 2017 · 3,230 views

cryonics cryopreservation interview cryobiology

Interview with Aschwin de Wolf (February, 2017)

Recently an English judge ruled that a 14-year old terminally-ill girl had the right to choose cryonics. While the girl received support for her choice from her mother, her estranged father had initially objected. As the girl was under age she needed the permission of both parents and hence the case appeared in front of the High Court’s Family Division in England.

The girl wrote a moving letter to the court saying:

“I am only 14-years-old and I don't want to die but I know I am going to die. I think being cryo-preserved gives me a chance to be cured and woken up - even in hundreds of years' time. I don't want to be buried underground. I want to live and live longer and I think that in the future they may find a cure for my cancer and wake me up. I want to have this chance. This is my wish”.

Justice Peter Jackson ruled that allowing the mother to make the decision was in the best interest of the girl. The girl has since died and was successfully cryopreserved by Cryonics Institute (CI), one of the three facilities in the world that offer this service.

The news made headlines around the world and many news agencies voiced disbelief in the feasibility of cryonics.

Hence I have asked cryonics researcher Aschwin de Wolf for an ⇒ interview about cryonics.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image
  • like x 1

Trackbacks for this entry [ Trackback URL ]

There are no Trackbacks for this entry

MyBlogLog

March 2024

S M T W T F S
24252627 28 2930

Recent Comments

Twitter

1 user(s) viewing