• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Luminosity's Blog

Photo

Toxic Toothpaste Ingredients

Posted by Luminosity , in Health 26 August 2015 - - - - - - · 965 views
----
I read the article linked to below with interest. "Toxic toothpaste ingredients that make us sick" was written by Michael Edwards of Natural News . He seems to have a pretty good understanding of what could be wrong with some common toothpaste ingredients. I'd stopped using many of them, and feel better for it. Not sure that going without fluoride toothpa...

Photo

Donald Trump Links Autism to Vaccines

Posted by Luminosity , in Health 15 August 2015 - - - - - - · 1,116 views
----
Published by the website autismoava.org in 2012:

During an interview with Fox News on April 2, 2012, the anniversary of the fifth annual World Autism Awareness Day,
Trump . . . told viewers he “strongly" believes that Autism Spectrum Disorders . . . are linked to exposure to vaccines.  Trump has been actively engaged in helping children with au...

Photo

Luminosity on Chinese Medicine

Posted by Luminosity , in Recommended, Health 08 August 2015 - * * * * * · 2,316 views
----
Luminosity on Chinese Medicine I've used Chinese Medicine and its diet and lifestyle it to help me go from a wheelchair to walking. I'm not a practitioner, but I I have used it as a patient for over twenty years. I studied on it informally on and off over this time. For ten years I headed a support group for people with chronic illnesses. I also am a published writer with an interest i...

Photo

The Hidden Reason Tea Is Good For You

Posted by Luminosity , in Tea Blog, Food & Drink, Health 05 March 2015 - - - - - - · 1,373 views
tea
The Hidden Reason Tea Is Good For You Many people know that tea has anti-oxidants. They may also know it cuts cholesterol. There is a reason that tea is good for you that most people in the West don't know. That has to do with the temperature. 
In Chinese Medicine, drinking cold drinks is bad for you. We tend to drink a lot of cold drinks in the US. Many people who are trying to be healt...

Photo

What you do not bring forth

Posted by Luminosity , in Health, Poems & Quotations 17 February 2015 - - - - - - · 679 views
----
What you do not bring forth will destroy you.  

Gnostic Gospels

Photo

Medicine & Science

Posted by Luminosity , in Poems & Quotations, Health 09 February 2015 - - - - - - · 809 views
----
Medicine & Science  Only 15 percent of the decisions a doctor makes
everyday are based on evidence.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Robert Califf M.D. Director of Duke University's Clinical Research Institute
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Time magazine October 12, 1998)  Cultural assumptions are often the hidden rationale
underlying man...

Photo

Tea

Posted by Luminosity , in Tea Blog, Food & Drink, Health 28 January 2015 - - - - - - · 1,087 views
----
Tea Drinking a daily cup of tea will surely starve the apothecary. 
Chinese Proverb

Photo

Listen to Your Body

Posted by Luminosity , in Health 24 September 2014 - - - - - - · 629 views
----
"I had an extreme obsession with my body. I made it a measure of my own value. I tried to dominate it, which I did, and I changed it multiple times over. But it never lasted and ultimately it didn't bring me anything but temporary happiness. Does being thin resolve anything? No. The irony is that when I abandoned that desire to dominate my body, it actual...

Photo

Attending Religious Services Ups Life Expectancy

Posted by Luminosity , in Health 08 August 2014 - - - - - - · 764 views

"A study conducted by the California Public Health Foundation, which was published in the American Journal of Public Health , found a strong association between attendance at religious services and lower mortality over a 28-year period for 5,286 Alameda County residents. Another study, conducted at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging and also publish...

Photo

Greek Gov't Can Attach Homes For Unpaid Hospital Bills

Posted by Luminosity , in Commentary, Health 07 August 2014 - - - - - - · 1,121 views
obamacare
Greek Gov't Can Attach Homes For Unpaid Hospital Bills Beware the naked man who offers you his shirt.  
-- African Proverb  

Proponents of Obamacare should take note. The Greek government apparently intended to provide medical care for its people but we all know what happened there. According to a recent article in The Intelligent Optimist ("Doctors Without Orders") Greek hospitals treat...

Search My Blog

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    sinkpoint
    13 Sep 2023 - 15:56
  • Photo
    Meggo
    03 Sep 2023 - 05:07
  • Photo
    Jesus Evola
    08 May 2023 - 15:17