• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Luminosity's Blog

Photo

Irish Breakfast Tea

Posted by Luminosity , in Tea Blog, Food & Drink 20 June 2016 - - - - - - · 1,157 views
blog
Irish Breakfast Tea I found Irish Breakfast Tea to be similar to English Breakfast Tea but more acidic. It's not as acidic as Scottish Breakfast Tea, but then few things are. I bought Twinnings brand for the Irish and Scottish teas. It's a brand that I like. I found it in the supermarket. 
If acidic black teas aren't your thing, you might like Welsh Breakfast Tea. I fou...

Photo

Are You A Tea-holic?

Posted by Luminosity , in Tea Blog, Food & Drink, Recommended 13 May 2016 - - - - - - · 2,706 views
tea
Are You A Tea-holic? Could your teeth be described as sepia-toned?
Do you know where all the bathrooms are?
Have you become violently angry over the subject of tea bags?
Are there no teas sold in your immediate area that you would care to purchase?
Do you know the difference between first and second flush Darjeeling?
Have you been known to ask for the manager? Are you t...

Photo

Had A Cold, No Darjeeling In House

Posted by Luminosity , in Tea Blog 19 June 2015 - - - - - - · 1,630 views
----
Had A Cold, No Darjeeling In House Only a few can appreciate the severity of the problem. Of course, I had Pu-erh tea, green and herbal teas, another black tea, dried tangerine peel, fresh ginger, and honey, but I had no Darjeeling. Darjeeling is unusual in that it is a black tea made from Camelia sinensis sinensis instead of Camelia sinensis assamica.* This makes it low in acid.  
E...

Photo

Keep Cool With This Unique Green Tea

Posted by Luminosity , in Tea Blog, Food & Drink 10 June 2015 - - - - - - · 1,560 views
----
Keep Cool With This Unique Green Tea I've been using YamaMotoYama Iced Green Tea powder to keep cool for years. It comes in individual packets. I carry it around in my purse. I add this to room temperature water for its cooling, refreshing energy. YamaMotoYama Iced Green Tea tea also contains Vitamins C and K and antioxidants. Sometimes I add it to fruit juice. The good thing about taking...

Photo

Review of Maeda-en matcha tea

Posted by Luminosity , in Tea Blog, Food & Drink 10 June 2015 - - - - - - · 1,687 views
----
Review of Maeda-en matcha tea Finally decided to step out and buy some expensive matcha. I'm still learning about this type of tea. I purchased Maeda-en Matcha tea powder at a local health food store with a large tea selection. Price: $18.39 for a one ounce canister. The tea comes in a foil bag inside. I add the tea to room temperature water and drank it. That's how I use matcha. For...

Photo

The Hidden Reason Tea Is Good For You

Posted by Luminosity , in Tea Blog, Food & Drink, Health 05 March 2015 - - - - - - · 1,366 views
tea
The Hidden Reason Tea Is Good For You Many people know that tea has anti-oxidants. They may also know it cuts cholesterol. There is a reason that tea is good for you that most people in the West don't know. That has to do with the temperature. 
In Chinese Medicine, drinking cold drinks is bad for you. We tend to drink a lot of cold drinks in the US. Many people who are trying to be healt...

Photo

Decaffeinated Tea

Posted by Luminosity , in Tea Blog, Food & Drink, Recommended 13 February 2015 - - - - - - · 3,522 views
decaf green tea, decaf black tea and 2 more...
Decaffeinated Tea USA  Finding Decaffeinated Teas  I've written this to help people find decaffeinated black or green tea in the US, preferably in bags. I omitted the least expensive common supermarket brands. If you find brands like that here, it might be that they are English and I wasn't familiar with them. The vast majority of decaffeinated black te...

Photo

Dragon Pearl Tea at Teavana

Posted by Luminosity , in Tea Blog 09 February 2015 - - - - - - · 1,114 views
----
Dragon Pearl Tea at Teavana Just tried Dragon Pearl Tea, black tea which is formed into "pearls" or ball shapes. Upon request they will make you one cup to try for about $4.00. You can try a cup of any of their teas for $3.00 to $5.00. Teavana's Dragon Pearl was mild with honey, hay and malt undertones. It didn't seem to have much acidity. The caffeine is mild and hasn't made me jit...

Photo

Tea

Posted by Luminosity , in Tea Blog, Food & Drink, Health 28 January 2015 - - - - - - · 1,080 views
----
Tea Drinking a daily cup of tea will surely starve the apothecary. 
Chinese Proverb

Photo

Tried Yellow Tea at Teavana

Posted by Luminosity , in Tea Blog, Food & Drink 26 January 2015 - - - - - - · 1,317 views
----
Tried Yellow Tea at Teavana Teavana is a high end tea store and mail order company owned by Starbucks. Where I live it occupies a space in the designer wing of a large mall. It is a sleek, upscale store where price, quantity, and ingredient information may be displayed subtly, or not at all. They exclusively sell loose tea by weight; no tea bags. You can try any tea for about $3.00...

Search My Blog

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    sinkpoint
    13 Sep 2023 - 15:56
  • Photo
    Meggo
    03 Sep 2023 - 05:07
  • Photo
    Jesus Evola
    08 May 2023 - 15:17