• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Luminosity's Blog

Photo

There's a story

Posted by Luminosity , in Personal 05 October 2016 - - - - - - · 4,571 views
----
Just saw a thirty-something black guy with two black eyes. He was driving a maroon Mercury Grand Marquis with chrome edging, from the old days. There was a sign in the back window of the car saying, "Trump: Make America Great Again." He wore a baseball cap and had a lot of stuff/clothes in the car. Maybe his "black eyes" were anti-glare markings. Either w...

Photo

Response to movie: I Confess

Posted by Luminosity , in Commentary, Personal 16 August 2016 - - - - - - · 3,271 views
----
Response to movie: I Confess Just saw a black and white movie on TV. I Confess, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, is a crime drama released in 1953. Quebec City, Canada, serves as the setting and is like a character in the movie.  

Even before you know who made I Confess you know that person is a master; the crowd scenes look vivid and real, with a sense of scale. The movie s...

Photo

Damn I can cook

Posted by Luminosity , in Food & Drink, Personal 14 August 2016 - - - - - - · 3,053 views
----
Damn I can cook Just made seared tofu on a cast iron griddle with peanut sesame sauce, black rice, red bell peppers and steamed spinach and chard.

Photo

Scamfaces

Posted by Luminosity , in Personal 13 August 2016 - - - - - - · 2,735 views
unfriendtracker
Scamfaces Warning: contains profanity.  
About half a day disappeared into a black hole. I saw what appeared to be a notice saying four people had unfriended me on this forum. I was horrified because I hadn't done anything. I looked and found at least one important missing friend, I think. Aaargh! Someone who runs the website. Exhalation of breath. 
Sp...

Photo

Just a few highlights

Posted by Luminosity , in Recommended, Personal 12 August 2016 - - - - - - · 2,858 views
----
Just a few highlights I tried to park outside a building to wait for someone. It's usually calm there. Just so happens, a celebrity was there in a Volkswagen Bug taking up space for two cars. He'd also driven in the wrong way. He smiled as if to say, "I'm so cute and famous I can get away with this." He didn't make room for my car. I've never seen a famous person in that nei...

Photo

Dyed my hair

Posted by Luminosity , in Personal 23 July 2016 - - - - - - · 2,302 views
----
Dyed my hair after six months or a year. Finally look normal, no more undyed roots. It wasn't cute young girl roots, it was graying hair. Whew! Things are going smoother. Able to shop looking like a normal person which makes a big difference. Feel so much better. Not the perfect shade but so much better than before.  
Interesting possibilitie...

Photo

Tried to play McDonalds Monopoly

Posted by Luminosity , in Personal 10 April 2016 - - - - - - · 1,932 views
----
I just tried to play McDonalds Monopoly. I don't usually eat there but I was and I saw the signage. Their grand prize of $50,000 a year sounded good to me. I could not find any game pieces among the things they gave me. I was cursing the workers under my breath. The McDonalds near my house seems to be a nexus of weird obstacles and problems. It turns out...

Photo

Oh My God

Posted by Luminosity , in Recommended, Personal 17 March 2016 - - - - - - · 1,204 views
----
Oh My God Warning: Contains a few swear words 
I got in a thing today or maybe the whole day was a thing. There was a cold wind slicing through the city, first from the West and then from the East. I went to get some God-forsaken zombie produce and you can guess how happy I was about that. Up at the crack of 10:00 a.m., into the sunblock and out the door....

Photo

Rant

Posted by Luminosity , in Personal 06 March 2016 - - - - - - · 2,245 views
----
Two young people were rude to me when I tried to buy groceries. I'm pissed off about that and shocked. How difficult can it be to buy groceries? One of them caused a problem by being inattentive. The other problem was caused by rotten food, but you'd have thought both were my fault. That smarts. Somehow this generation is abusive over everything. It pisse...

Photo

Talking out of my ass, spending out of my class

Posted by Luminosity , in Personal 01 March 2016 - - - - - - · 1,904 views
----
Lately I've posted a number of things on Twitter where I didn't look at what I was posting about. I posted something defending one of Kanye West's temper tantrums, probably the one where he asked Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg for a billion dollars. Somehow, I had the impression that it was something more serious. I rebuked the other posters saying that...

Search My Blog

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    sinkpoint
    13 Sep 2023 - 15:56
  • Photo
    Meggo
    03 Sep 2023 - 05:07
  • Photo
    Jesus Evola
    08 May 2023 - 15:17