• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Luminosity's Blog

Photo

Hot-tober

Posted by Luminosity , in Food & Drink, Personal 18 October 2013 - - - - - - · 930 views

We got through the summer o.k., but we've been having a series of hot muggy days where you can't do anything. Isn't that illegal? It's October . So I came here where it's air conditioned. Had a good meal and shared a table with a nice lady. On Sunday, I drank a beer . That never happens. I also ate creme brulee, chiffon cake and strawberries for dinner. I...

Photo

Because

Posted by Luminosity , in Poems & Quotations, Food & Drink, Recommended, Health 22 August 2013 - - - - - - · 946 views

The binges are part of the diet.

.  .  .  .  .  .   Luminosity

Photo

No Bite Left Behind

Posted by Luminosity , in Food & Drink, Recommended, Personal 18 March 2013 - - - - - - · 1,031 views
----
Story of a Day of Gluttony 
Something about chronic sleep deprivation and bad produce was making me ravenously hungry. I ate bacon, eggs, brown rice porridge with blackstrap molasses, yogurt, herbal coffee substitute and half a sad orange. 
Later in the day I went to the big mall. They let me use the computer at the computer store longer than us...

Photo

$25 for a meal at Whole Foods

Posted by Luminosity , in Personal, Food & Drink 21 November 2012 - - - - - - · 1,163 views

I just picked up a meal for one person from the Thanksgiving buffet at whole foods.  With a slice of pumpkin pie, it was $25.50.

Photo

Eat

Posted by Luminosity , in Food & Drink 25 October 2012 - - - - - - · 1,075 views
----
I want to eat a baked good. I'm in a very large mall but all the ones they have are . . . bad . . . Damn them!!!! What's wrong with people?

Posted on "What's Bothering You Right Now" on the Forums

I can only eat less than 5% of the baked goods where I live. On the day I wrote that I wheeled through an upscale bakery where the products were at nose...

Photo

Chinatown

Posted by Luminosity , in Tea Blog, Food & Drink, Personal, Health 02 July 2012 - - - - - - · 1,711 views
tea
Chinatown Decided to check out new Italian restaurant in Chinatown. Map is studied. Route through maze of one-way streets is plotted. A precious parking space is snagged next to an outdoor brick marketplace smelling of incense. The signs say, alternatively, "no parking" and "3 minute passenger loading zone." No one is paying attention to either one. The lava rock c...

Photo

Got A Monkey On My Back

Posted by Luminosity , in Tea Blog, Food & Drink, Personal 14 May 2012 - - - - - - · 1,230 views
tea
Got A Monkey On My Back Its name is Camellia sinensis. Every morning I wake up resolved not to drink any more of the leaf. Every morning I break my promise. It's all the more strange because I drink decaffeinated tea.I wake up and stumble around feeling empty and depressed until I drink my decaffeinated Darjeeling. I must have been British in a past life. It has a negative effec...

Photo

Baked goods in US contain chemical banned in Europe

Posted by Luminosity , in Health, Food & Drink 11 May 2012 - - - - - - · 1,152 views
potassium bromate
According to Dr. Leonard Coldwell's...

Photo

Random Cheap Wines

Posted by Luminosity , in Food & Drink 07 January 2012 - - - - - - · 1,832 views
wine, red wine and 7 more...
I tried asking knowledgable people what wines they'd recommend.  I ended up spending more money on wines I didn't like.  So to hell with that.  I'm going to buying random cheap wines and see what happens.  

I don't recommend Naked brand Cabernet Sauvignon. It is supposed to have less of an Oakey taste than other red wines but it still...

Photo

Liquidosity

Posted by Luminosity , in Food & Drink 07 January 2012 - - - - - - · 1,122 views
fonseca bin 27 ruby port and 8 more...

You Must Be 21 To Enter This Blog Entry.

I recommend the following liquors:

Selbach Riesling--wonderful and less than ten dollars. Found this in a CVS Drugstore.

Raynal Brandy and Raynal Napolean Brandy (when available)--very nice French brandy. Great for drinking, making herbal liquors, or adding a little to tea to...

Search My Blog

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    sinkpoint
    13 Sep 2023 - 15:56
  • Photo
    Meggo
    03 Sep 2023 - 05:07
  • Photo
    Jesus Evola
    08 May 2023 - 15:17