• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Baclofen Helping My Sleep And Mood.

Posted by protoject , 31 December 2014 · 14,649 views

baclofen
I had some baclofen left over from over a year ago when i purchased and used it.

Before I was using some other meds and supplements which were making my mood fucked up and I thought maybe it was from the baclofen.
Actually, I realized recently I enjoy baclofen (and i have been taking about 60 mg a day total, split up into 2 or 3 doses). Not only does it improve my sleep (which is the reason i bought it- i found studies online saying it could improve sleep), but also it seems to boost my mood- makes me less depressed, more social/empathetic and less anxious.

Actually, thinking about it, i like it a lot more than Phenibut. ( I haven't taken phenibut for years though)

I found phenibut had a lot of adverse effects and a withdrawal. I didn't really feel that way after taking baclofen for a few days. It seems to last a while and it's a nice effect.

Unfortunately my baclofen supplier shut down so now I have to get it from China. My China supplier is reliable but there are issues importing meds that I don't like to deal with.

I was surprised how much baclofen improved my sleep. I've been coming off all my meds. I've completely stopped trazodone after tapering, it has been a few days. . I also brought my pregabalin dosage way down.. about 50 mg. It seems to synergize with the baclofen. I'm also no longer on Etizolam.

the baclofen doesn't seem to affect my dreaming or make me get wierd sleep issues like with the long term use of Etizolam.

I wonder if I'm getting excited too early and will end up with some issues from baclofen.

Maybe I'll be one of those lucky people who finds a drug that works for him and I can continue to use it therepeutically to improve my life.
  • like x 1

Photo
Ellen Lance
May 22 2015 10:09 AM

nice post thanks for the share your knowledge with us..

Hi, so an update: coming off of baclofen is really wierd. It's really true what they say about the stuff making you delirious. I remember laying in bed and thinking that I was interviewing biggie smalls. Anyway. I discontinued baclofen as the benefits were not maintained. It's too bad I didn't do a journal while I was on it. What I remember is it actually ended up making me feel worse taking it daily.

However recently I took about 80 mg, on sporadic occassions, and it boosts my appetite greatly (which is really good for me because my dysthymia makes me not want to eat), and there is a nice effect on mood as well. This was not taken daily, maybe once every 3 or 4 days. Not sure if it helped sleep or not because I was combining with other meds. Essentially the meds never make me sleep more than 4-6 hrs straight and when i took baclofen with the meds i slept like 8 hours SOLID and had a complex dream that I remember pretty well.

I might try it for sleep, by itself, soon. So far I've taken it too close to bedtime as it seems to take a few hours to kick in. I'm going to try taking it like 4 hours before bed eventually and see if it kicks in enough to serve as my 3rd sleep med or as a combo with something else as my 3rd sleep combo. Right now I've been alternating between Day 1 (50 mg trazodone and 175 mg pregabalin) and day 2 (2.5 mg Etizolam). If I can add a third day in there I might be able to lower the doses (and thus side effects) of those meds due to decreased tolerance.

I've been experimenting with strains of kratom again as well, hoping to find one that works well with baclofen, but so far I haven't found something that's really sedating and there's always a bit of a dulling aftereffect the next day.

Photo
Adam Karlovsky
Feb 09 2016 11:03 PM

Hi proto,

I've always though baclofen is generally well tolerated in the long term, if you keep it at reasonable doses. I personally would only use it for sleep (off-label, at the 20mg dose), for increased SWS, GH and memory consolidation, but I have no disease-state spasticity nor anxiety.

In the paper Davis et al. "Growth hormone response to baclofen: a comparison of 10-mg and 20-mg doses in healthy men" Psychiatry Research 60 (1996) 41-47. it seems that peak concentration occured 2h after ingestion. So you could try taking it with dinner (food will slow absorption) or 2h before sleep?

I am assuming you already take melatonin, if not that is an obvious and safe suggestion to pair with baclofen, even if there are no strong acute effects, over time I feel it helps a lot.

Hi proto,

I've always though baclofen is generally well tolerated in the long term, if you keep it at reasonable doses. I personally would only use it for sleep (off-label, at the 20mg dose), for increased SWS, GH and memory consolidation, but I have no disease-state spasticity nor anxiety.

In the paper Davis et al. "Growth hormone response to baclofen: a comparison of 10-mg and 20-mg doses in healthy men" Psychiatry Research 60 (1996) 41-47. it seems that peak concentration occured 2h after ingestion. So you could try taking it with dinner (food will slow absorption) or 2h before sleep?

I am assuming you already take melatonin, if not that is an obvious and safe suggestion to pair with baclofen, even if there are no strong acute effects, over time I feel it helps a lot.

Hey Adam , this is a bit more than a year later from the post and Baclofen still helps me, my experience goes pretty much exactly with with what you're suggesting and I confirm that what you say is true, it seems that about up to 20 mg works best. However I take it every other day instead of every day, and i combine it with other meds. It does have a noticable positive effect. And going along with what you said it does fare better being strictly used as a sleep aid.

I try to keep it below 20 mg, knocked it down to 15 mg recently , because sometimes my mood is thrown off the next day after use, or i get wierd side effects (hard to describe but i feel kinda fucked)

Trackbacks for this entry [ Trackback URL ]

There are no Trackbacks for this entry

MyBlogLog

March 2024

S M T W T F S
2425262728 29 30

Recent Comments

Twitter

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search My Blog

Categories