Stack Submitter

Stack Details

• Submitted: Jun 09 2017 08:32 AM
  • Views: 3053

Mithocondrial function

* * * - -
melatonin coq10 vitamin c glutathione (reduced) magnesium turmeric

Description

This is my bedtime stack to treat my mitochondrial dysfunction due to a genetic condition. After years trying to increase my ATP output, I find that I get better results by minimizing the systemic effects of the decreased ATP production.

Notes:

• It is important to take this at bedtime. I have tried the very same stack (minus melatonin) in the morning, but it does work not for me.
  • For best results, titrate the melatonin dosage. Start with 1mg and increase it by 1mg every 2-3 days until you wake up groggy. At this point, return to the last "working" dosage.
  • Note that you may need to adjust the melatonin dosage based on workout/non-workout days. I find that I need 1/3 of the dosage (1mg vs3mg) in non-workout days.
  • Melatonin + CoQ10 + Vitamin C + Turmeric is the basic stack. In my case, Glutathione and Magnesium give only marginal benefits.
  • I use Meriva for Turmeric. If you take plain old turmeric, you may need to increase the dosage significantly (and add some piperine to improve bio-availability)

This basic stack has improved my quality of life significantly. In retrospect, I find it funny all the crazy things I have tried over the years. A partial list:
  • C60 (a couple of months; no noticeable difference)
  • Methylene blue (I still remember the dizziness I got from this)
  • Low-dose DNP. I still see great potential in uncoupling the electron transport chain to treat my condition, but this one is pretty dangerous (very narrow therapeutic index)
  • Low-dose Modafinil. Great to maintain my energy levels, but at the end, it is a crash and burn for me.
  • NADH. Great for immediate energy, but it builds tolerance pretty fast. Still take it, maybe once a month.
  • All types of adaptogens (Rhodiola, Gingseng, etc). They somehow work, but not like this stack

Ingredient Dosage Frequency Administration
Melatonin 1-10 mg Daily before bedtime
CoQ10 100 mg Daily before bedtime
Vitamin C 2-3 gram Daily before bedtime
Glutathione (Reduced) 500 mg Daily before bedtime
Magnesium 200 mg Daily before bedtime
Turmeric 500 mg Daily before bedtime

Interesting. Wasn't aware of those supplements affecting mitochondria. Do you do exercise targeted at mitochondria health as well?