Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Stack Submitter

Stack Details

• Submitted: Aug 20 2017 11:14 PM
  • Date Updated: Aug 21 2017 12:34 AM
  • Views: 5296

Allergies / Allergic Rhinitis Stack

* * * * -
spirulina kyolic aged garlic extract cs-4 mycelium (fermented cordyceps sinensis mycelium 0.3% adenosine) curcumin 95% ginger extract (5% gingerol)

Description

As a youth, I used to have very severe allergies. During the worst months of the year, my eyes would water constantly, my nose would drip to no end, and my throat would itch enough to require constant hawking, just for the relief of the itch. I haven't suffered from severe allergies for a couple of years now, and nowadays I rarely even find myself sneezing.

I am uncertain whether this is due to a more normalized immune functioning, mast cell stabilization, or an overall healthier microbiome - but regardless, I am happier and healthier as a result.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These are the supplements I take to control my allergies:

Spirulina:

Effects of a Spirulina-Based Dietary Supplement on Cytokine Production from Allergic Rhinitis Patients
The effects of spirulina on allergic rhinitis
Experimental study of spirulina platensis in treating allergic rhinitis in rats.
Inhibitory Effect of Mast Cell-Mediated Immediate-Type Allergic Reactions in Rats by Spirulina

Kyolic/Aged Garlic Extract:

Anti-allergic effects of aged garlic extract
Immunomodulatory Effects of Aged Garlic Extract
Purified Aged Garlic Extract Modulates Allergic Airway Inflammation in Balb/c Mice
Anti-Allergic Action of Aged Black Garlic Extract in RBL-2H3 Cells and Passive Cutaneous Anaphylaxis Reaction in Mice

Cordyceps:

Effects of the Immunomodulatory Agent Cordyceps militaris on Airway Inflammation in a Mouse Asthma Model
Uncovering the Molecular Mechanism of Anti-Allergic Activity of Silkworm Pupa-Grown Cordyceps militaris Fruit Body
The Extract of Cordyceps sinensis Inhibited Airway Inflammation by Blocking NF-κB Activity
The ethyl acetate extract of Cordyceps militaris inhibits IgE-mediated allergic responses in mast cells and passive cutaneous anaphylaxis reaction in mice
Herbal Medicine Cordyceps sinensis Improves Health-Related Quality of Life in Moderate-to-Severe Asthma

Curcumin:

Effect of curcumin on nasal symptoms and airflow in patients with perennial allergic rhinitis
Can curcumin modulate allergic rhinitis [/b]in rats?
Therapeutic potential of curcumin in experimentally induced allergic rhinitis in guinea pigs
Anti-inflammatory effect of curcumin on mast cell-mediated allergic responses in ovalbumin-induced allergic rhinitis mouse

Ginger:

Prevention of allergic rhinitis by ginger and the molecular basis of immunosuppression by 6-gingerol through T cell inactivation
Therapeutic and Immunologic Effects of Zingiber officiale in Allergic Rhinitis[/b]
Antiallergic potential on RBL-2H3 cells of some phenolic constituents of Zingiber officinale (ginger)
Study of Efficacy and Safety of Ginger Extract Compared With Loratadine for Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis

Ingredient Dosage Frequency Administration
Spirulina 6 gram Daily Taken any time of day. The taste on its own is bad, but in smoothies or tablet form it is completely unnoticeable.
Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract 900 mg twice daily Taken with meals.
CS-4 Mycelium (Fermented cordyceps sinensis mycelium, 0.3% adenosine) 3.5 gram Daily Taken any time of day, but preferably apart from caffeine for a possible adenosine - caffeine reduction in potency, but likely negligible.
Curcumin 95% 500 mg twice daily Taken post-meal, as curcumin is fat soluble.
Ginger Extract (5% gingerol) 500 mg twice daily Taken post-meal.

I'd add polypodium or it's extract; 20 hydroxyecdysone and black cumin seed oil.  

For me black cumin seed oil and guduchi extract brought great improvements with seasonal rhinitis too. Though I take each of the 5 you recommend (not all at that high doses all the times though), they didn't do much in my case. Ascorbic acid in high doses remains the go to remedy against symptoms, when everything else fails.

I have some nigella sativa oil that I haven't gotten around to trying yet but it definitely seems promising based on the research. I have used a (counterfeit) bionase and another intranasal LLLt device, which I noticed nothing from. Maybe I didn't use it frequently enough to get results, but having a laser stuck up your nose for 15 minutes a day every day is less fun than it sounds.

I think the ginger and cordyceps are the most effective components of the stack, and the dosage for cordyceps is important IMO, considering the vast majority of clinical studies that achieved significance for respiratory health and exercise capacity were using somewhere in the region of ~3 grams.

I also drink a lot of sencha, I haven't seen much of anything to back it up, but I have a feeling that most types of catechins and egcg (and not just o-methylated catechins in benifuuki tea) have a favorable impact on allergies.