Stack Submitter

Stack Details

• Submitted: Oct 08 2015 04:57 PM
  • Views: 2075

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Relief

* * - - -
memantine

Description

To avoid negative effects, Memantine dosages usually begin at 1mg/day and are doubled every week until the desired effect is achieved (or up to 40mg).

Ingredient Dosage Frequency Administration
Memantine -- Daily Morning

If you'd like to taper faster, you can begin at 2mg (or maybe 4mg), then double every 4 days.

Yes, NMDA antagonists do seem to be the best combatants against OCD. Dextromethorphan - 15mg twice daily with magnesium 500mg (tid) seems to work the best for me.

Dextromethorphan - 15mg twice daily with magnesium 500mg (tid) seems to work the best for me.

drusko, are you serious? Isn't DXM absolutely terrible for your brain? I was addicted to DXM in high school and I wasn't able to remember words like "tree" or "car" (albeit I was taking much larger doses, closer to 400-1000 mg). I know there are stories about DXM deadening areas of the brain, essentially turning them into grey matter, although I think this claim MAY have been discredited.

What research do you have that proves micro-doses of DXM are not harmful? Is there any risk of addiction or "desiring" to take more?