Stack Submitter

Stack Details

• Submitted: Dec 31 2015 04:00 PM
  • Views: 1987

Completing Amino Acid

* - - - -
l-tyrosine l-phenylalanine l-cysteine l-methionine l-tryptophan

Description

Usually take on an empty stomach. The following shortages of amino acids in diet are estimated based upon various sources alleged daily requirements or suggested dosages for a165 pound male.
I also used nutritiondata.self.com to look at the amount of each amino acid in food and below was the remaining amounts that came up short.
Daily diet of 2 eggs, 1 cup orange juice,0.65 cups cottage cheese, 1 ounce of almonds, 1 ounce trailmix, 1 ounce of peanut butter, 1 large banana, 3 soft shell tacos, 3 ounces of chicken breast, and 3 cups milk.
L-Tyrosine 2102.275 | L-Phenylalanine 1088.6 (can convert to Tyrosine) - These help body produce catecholamines and if you aren't getting enough you may have low energy.
L-Cysteine 1257.25
L-Methionine 954.85 (webmd seems to present possible dangers of taking this in concentrated supplement form).
L-Methionine can be dangerous in large concentrated dosages so I dosed down, you may want to go without.
If you take SSRIs you should eliminate Tryptophan or consult with your doctor as the combination of SSRIs and Tryptophan is bad and can even be fatal.
The estimates of the daily needs were intentionally on the high side, so it's okay that the dosages come up a little bit short.

L-Tryptophan wasn't short with this diet. L-Trytpophan converts into 5-HTP which can convert into Seratonin. There's a few reasons I included it.
1)Serotonin depletion is very common, and due to increased stress I theorize that more may be needed.
2)Depletion of sunlight which is more common today can also limit the seratonin synthesis.
3)It is very easy to eliminate just one thing from this diet on a given day and end up short
4)Eggs hasn't been a regular part of my diet for too long, and I imagine over the last few years I've been somewhat depleted of Tryptophan and thus serotonin.

I may add GABA and L-Taurine, occasionally for mood/stress management, relaxation and balance as they are also responsible for producing important neurotransmitters. L-Glutamine is responsible for fueling the body and blood with energy which may also be worth considering. But I'm not sure it's necessary.

L-Cysteine in the NOW foods pills also contain Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C.
L-Methionine contains Vitamin B6 as well.

Ingredient Dosage Frequency Administration
L-Tyrosine 2000 mg Daily morning.
L-Phenylalanine 1000 mg Daily morning
L-Cysteine 1000 mg Daily morning
L-Methionine 500 mg Daily morning... cycle OFF occasionally, don't consume more than is consumed in foods.
L-Tryptophan 500 mg Weekly Later in day or at night as it may cause sleepiness.

Photo
NoJuan Holmes
Dec 31 2015 04:19 PM

Calorie estimation of the above diet is about 1,960 calories. A sedentary, 6FT tall 30yr old male needs 2,096 calories to maintain his weight. So it's pretty close. 136 calories of oil, seasoning, flavoring or calories without any additional amino acid is very easily plausible. Slightly larger or smaller portions than the estimates it is also plausible If the portions are larger by that much it probably won't make a significant difference in the dosages.

Photo
Adam Karlovsky
Jan 11 2016 08:49 PM

I am unsure whether you should do this stack for two reasons.

Firstly I just don't think the pay-off is equal to the costs incurred for most amino supplements in most contexts, specifically if you're eating a decent amount of protein.

Secondly, methionine *restriction* seems to be a very legitimate longevity strategy and even explains part of the effects of calorie restriction. I saw one study that suggested adding high protein to a calorie restricted diet no longer confers the benefits of calorie restriction, which is why people started talking about protein restriction as a form of life extension... it turns out protein isn't so generalizable, but methionine is likely the bad guy. Do a few weeks of research yourself and then tell me if you agree with me or not.