• Submitted: Dec 31 2015 05:00 PM
  • Views: 1965

Completing Vitamins And Mineral Profile

* - - - -
customcapsule customized multivitamin

Description

See also, Completing Amino Acid Profile
http://www.longecity...ing-amino-acid/
Same concept, the only difference is this pill is for vitamins rather than amino acids.
Diet is the same:
Daily diet of 2 eggs, 1 cup orange juice,0.65 cups cottage cheese, 1 ounce of almonds, 1 ounce trailmix, 1 ounce of peanut butter, 1 large banana, 3 soft shell tacos, 3 ounces of chicken breast, and 3 cups milk.

Table primarily subtracting the recommended dosage on the Linus Pauling Foundation's website and subtracting the dosage in the foods listed above from nutritiondata.self.com.
The following remains indicating a likely shortage in daily diet by this much: Potassium 1361.975 mg** Copper 898.5 mcg Vitamin D 345.5 IU Vitamin A 226.87 IU Iodine* 150 mcg Vitamin K 85.27 mcg Vitamin C 76.9 mg Molybdenum* 45 mcg Chromium* 32.5 mcg Biotin* 30 mcg Folate 27.015 mcg Vitamin E 16.13903 IU Magnesium 11.69 mg Thiamin 0.052 mg

Unlike the amino acids, I have not begun taking this yet, I'm still in the planning stages. I'm considering using websites that will arrange a pill for you using the ingredients and dosage, but I need to do more research before I just trust them. I probably will correct the amounts asterisked or possibly make changes to the diet itself to try to get more from foods before I make the final conclusions and supplement.

*The amounts of Biotin, Molybdenum,Iodine, Choline, and others contained in foods are either not available, or not consistent in foods to be known. I have listed the daily RDA, but that doesn't mean that much should be included in your dosage. More work has to be done

**Potassium citrate or potassium aspartate can't be taken in large dosages. I was able to find a separate source of potassium bicarbonate. Potassium solution is used in large quantities in lethal injections. You probably want to keep this separate from the multivitamin. There also may be a need to balance body with a ratio of potassium salts to sodium chloride. More research needs to be done.

Does anyone have any feedback on supplementing to fit the exact RDA? I'm wondering if it's enough since I would suspect your body can't breakdown the pill form as well as when it's in foods.

I also may have been deficient in these nutrients for awhile on a diet similar to this one which maybe means I should take a slightly larger dosage than this and scale back to this dosage over time.

NOTE: Not yet complete, will be updated

Ingredient Dosage Frequency Administration
customcapsule customized multivitamin n/a pill(s) Daily See below for amounts as it's easier

Photo
NoJuan Holmes
Dec 31 2015 08:47 PM

whoops, I need to recalculate the totals, for some like copper I just realized the data was providing miligrams (mg) even though the total was based upon micrograms (mcg). I also put the vitamin C from orange juice into the wrong food group which I didn't copy down for my daily diet. So I am getting enough Copper and Vitamin C and they shouldn't be supplemented.