Stack Submitter

Stack Details

• Submitted: Jan 18 2016 11:28 PM
  • Views: 3221

Work/Study Focus & Productivity

* * * - -
omega 3-6-9 centrophenoxine l-theanine caffeine phenylpiracetam noopept

Description

This stack is a variation on one I saw online. I substituted Omega 3 with Omega 3-6-9 and piracetam with Phenylpiracetam because that's what I had on hand. I can't see this having any negative effects but only time will tell.

The stack is intended to allow for long periods of focus and concentration while reducing stress and anxiety. Ultimately, I would also like this stack to create some euphoria and added productivity. The dosages and frequencies will most likely need to be tweaked a bit but I'm hoping that this combo is somewhat close to the end goal since it's already being used by some members and was noted as being "effective".

Any advice or suggestions on efficacy, dosage and frequency would be very much appreciated!

FYI, I have taken all these ingredients individually or as a combination for a couple of them but never all at once.

Ingredient Dosage Frequency Administration
Omega 3-6-9 2400 mg Daily No instructions provided.
Centrophenoxine 250 mg Daily No instructions provided.
L-Theanine 200 mg Daily No instructions provided.
Caffeine 200 mg Daily No instructions provided.
Phenylpiracetam 100 mg Daily No instructions provided.
Noopept 10 mg Daily No instructions provided.

Comments & Observations

• This is my first time taking Centrophenoxine as my choline source. It seems to be water-soluble like most choline supplements. Is it supposed to be chunky? The other choline sources I have tried (ike Alpha GPC) are more powdery, almost like gel. This one seems different.
  • The L-Theanine has a consistency that I am used to: smooth powder. This stuff doesn't seem to be as water-soluble as the choline. I should have capped it. It is dissolving, just very slowly.
  • I should have added this under administration (my bad!): Omega 3-6-9, Phenylpiracetam and noopept are caps. Centrophenoxine and L-Theanine are dissolved in a glass of water. Caffeine is 2 cups of fresh-brewed coffee.
  • Quite an odd smell and taste to the Centro/Theanine water. It's a little bitter but not too potent. It kind of tastes like the water that comes out of your garden-hose =/. Oddly enough, after a few minutes I got an unexpected, sweet aftertaste in the back of my throat and roof of my mouth. I was not expecting that.

Results

After trying this stack for a couple of days now, I'm less than impressed. One thing is for certain: it definitely increased my attention span but unfortunately at the cost of a constant, mild headache and a bit of nausea. Perhaps I'm not taking enough choline? I also did not notice any increase in mental or physical energy. There seems to also be some brain fog but I'm not sure if it's that or tunnel vision from being so focused.

On a positive note, the anti-anxiety/anti-stress properties seem to be somewhat effective. I had a pretty rough day but managed to keep my emotions and stress level in check. I would probably attribute that to the L-Theanine but it's difficult to say for sure. My overall thought process, memory and communication skills seem to have improved slightly. I didn't get much sleep last night but I was still able to function rather well today and I didn't really "feel" tired at all.

All in all, if I had to rate this stack based on my experience so far I would give it a 5 or 6 out of 10 for effectiveness. It's not quite what I'm looking for but there are definitely some elements of it that I'm interested in pursuing. It's not something you want to take if energy is what you're after but if you want long periods of focus for studying or coding, give it a try. To me the headache is not worth it even though it's not that bad. I probably need to tweak the dosage/frequency or substitute some of the ingredients.

On to greener pastures! :)

Cheers.

Edits: Correct typos and add final thoughts.

I would rebuild the plan. I'd start with taking caffeine only for three days, then add the next thing on top for three and so on. This way you'll find out what's causing the headaches and nausea, and throw it in the trash, if you find out. You also can't take Phenyl every day. It builds a tolerance quickly.