Stack Submitter

Stack Details

• Submitted: Feb 09 2016 10:02 PM
  • Views: 2581

New Reg Insight - Does this look right?

* * * - -
l-carosine pqq co q-10 tumeric grapeseed astaxanthin fulvic acid folic acid

Description

I originally set this up for anxiety and mental health but since then have added for life extension and antioxidant health. I have taken all of these independently not on regiment with no problems but I would like some opinions on the timing and safety of these. I'm slightly concerned on blood pressure lowering with some of these but not sure if I'm taking enough to get to that level. If you see something that sticks out let me know. Also I'm new but a long time lurker so any help would be great. If it adds to anything I'm currently in a ketogenic diet

I will also be taking Fish oil, Vit C, and Folic Acid
M/30 years old

Ingredient Dosage Frequency Administration
L-Carosine 1000mg mg twice daily 1000mg L-Carosine - 500mg morning, 500 mg lunch - Eat with food
PQQ 20 mg Twice a week PQQ- 20mg in the morning, Monday, Thursday, Sunday - Eat by itself no food
Co Q-10 150 mg twice daily Co Q-10 150mg - 50mg at Bleakest, 50mg at lunch, 50mg dinner
Tumeric 800 mg twice daily Tumeric 800mg - 400mg lunch, 400 mg dinner
Grapeseed 300mg twice daily 100mg Breakfast, 100mg Lunch, 100mg Dinner
Astaxanthin 4 mg Daily Afternoon
Fulvic Acid 250mg mg Daily AM
Folic Acid .4 mg Daily AM

Photo
MachineGhostX
Feb 09 2016 11:04 PM

Take Carnosine on an empty stomach. 

I don't really see any specific blood pressure lowering supplements.  You would want something like hawthorne berry standardized to vitexin for that.  Grapeseed extract does increase NO though.

You ideally want to use ubiquinol instead of CoQ10 (ubiqinone).  The bioavailability is several times higher; further enhanced by shilajit.  If 50mg (equivalent to at least 400mg CoQ10) once a day is too strong for you (i.e. insomina), then I guess CoQ10 would work, just make sure you get an enhanced absorption product such as Q-Gel.

If you want to use specifically tumeric instead of standardized curcumin extract, then make sure you use a SuperCritical CO2 extract to get a full spectrum of phytoactives.  If not, then you need to decide if you want curcumin for general anti-inflammatory support via curcuminoids or corssing the blood-brain-barrier with intact free curcumin (useful for getting rid of the Alzheimer plaques and chelating iron).

And of course, you want to use natural folate or methylfolate, not synthetic folic acid.

Photo
Erin brooks
Feb 10 2016 06:14 AM

Should I cycle any of these or is this solid for long term use?

Thanks for your input and analysis, it's reassuring. I was thinking about food with carnosine but read contradictory things for and against and just took a stab.

Take Carnosine on an empty stomach. 

I don't really see any specific blood pressure lowering supplements.  You would want something like hawthorne berry standardized to vitexin for that.  Grapeseed extract does increase NO though.

You ideally want to use ubiquinol instead of CoQ10 (ubiqinone).  The bioavailability is several times higher; further enhanced by shilajit.  If 50mg (equivalent to at least 400mg CoQ10) once a day is too strong for you (i.e. insomina), then I guess CoQ10 would work, just make sure you get an enhanced absorption product such as Q-Gel.

If you want to use specifically tumeric instead of standardized curcumin extract, then make sure you use a SuperCritical CO2 extract to get a full spectrum of phytoactives.  If not, then you need to decide if you want curcumin for general anti-inflammatory support via curcuminoids or corssing the blood-brain-barrier with intact free curcumin (useful for getting rid of the Alzheimer plaques and chelating iron).

And of course, you want to use natural folate or methylfolate, not synthetic folic acid.

If it hasn't been mentioned, I'd take methyl folate if you haven't been genotyped. Too much can lead to problems, and lower amounts might be problematic in some populations.

Unless enteric coated, I would take the CoQ10 and maybe the PQQ away from any of the acids or with alkaline conjugated supplements to improve absorption.

Grape seed ext. should be taken every other day, not sure about your dosing, how old are you?

Photo
Erin brooks
Mar 01 2016 08:16 AM

30 years old . Thanks for the info