• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Nootropic E-cigarette

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Zashmar

• 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

Greetings,

I am sure everyone is aware of the recent e-cigarette craze, nicotine, although a nervous system stimulant, does not offer the limitless effect of nootropics. Is it possible to inhale nootropics? Even caffeine?
This would be awesome

Please if anyone has any information tell us all!

#2 Layberinthius

• 298 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

The thing you need to look out for is if it destroys the nootropic molecule while burning it.

You might want to check out erowid to see if anyone has tried inhaling it through a crack pipe or rolling it, etc.

It would be a hell of a kick though!

I don't condone its inhalation, could be dangerous. Use caution!

#3 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

Ive tried phenylpiracetam vaporized. Its good! Dunno of any retail versions though..

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Layberinthius

• 298 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

What kind of effect does it have over ingesting it orally?

#5 ThePhoeron

• 83 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

I've been recently swept up into the 'e-cigarette craze' as well. Since I've been taking C60 and various nootropics with fair success, it seemed to be the informed and rational choice for my continued health and intelligence increase.

I suppose the key with any drug, and drug delivery system, is dosage. With my e-cigarette, it comes with these refillable cartridges, and you buy the bottles of liquid nicotine separately. The liquid nicotine comes in various concentrations and flavors. It's worked out so that you get the same amount of nicotine puffing on an e-cig for a few minutes as you would from a regular cigarette, which is usually at most 3mg. In some places you can buy the pre-filled cartridges, but for some strange reason in Canada those all appear to be nicotine-free.

The e-cig itself is an atomizer, so given a liquid medium with appropriate concentration of a nootropic, I assume that it would be no more dangerous to take a noot this way over the typical oral dosage. Freebasing is a whole other matter though, and as others have pointed out here and elsewhere on longecity, you can't know for sure what the byproducts of this will be, or whether or not the molecule will survive intact.

For the e-cigarette (according to wikipedia...), the nicotine is dissolved in a solution of "propylene glycol (PG), vegetable glycerin (VG), and/or polyethylene glycol 400 (PEG400)", plus concentrated flavor. Appropriate noots for this delivery system would be high-potency, such as sunifiram, unifiram, noopept, etc. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to prepare these solutions---I haven't touched chemistry since high school (which was actually over 15 years ago for me)---but someone with the right experience and a sterile lab should have no trouble preparing the solution and testing the resulting vapor for purity and unwanted byproducts.

#6 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:01 AM

It works better in my opinion. Oral often comes on too slow to notice a definite point of effect.

#7 Mike Gao B

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

Nocotine is a mild Nootrpic it self. I take oxyracetam orraly in the morning. during the day i'll just be puffing on my e-cig consuming about 6mg of nicotine a day, not sure if it has much of an effect though. I ausume if you can vaporize nicotine you could do it with other nootropics with simllar melting points. The E-cig Juice/Liquid DIY sites do sell caffinene powder for DIY'ers to mix into their vaping solutions, so i ausume caffinene works in a e-cig
  • like x 1

#8 Matthias2009

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

Deffinately absorbs much faster in the blood stream

#9 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

Mixing nootropics in e-cigarette fluid is absolutely possible. Any chemical is suitable, just so long as it meets a few criteria:
  • Must dissolve in PEG40, Propylene Glycol, or Vegetable Glycerin.
  • Must be active orally or sublingually in the <50 mg range, the lower the better
  • Must have an enthapaly of vaporization higher than the solvent you use
  • Should not have a negative reaction when mixed with water for any length of time
  • Should not have a very pronounced and easy to achieve "overdose"
  • Should not have a very pronounced hangover or withdrawal symptom
Remember, you want the solvent you are using to vaporize, not the chemical it is carrying. The e-cig fluid will "atomize" when vaporizing, forming small particles of itself. The solvents used are generally also hygroscopic, which means that they attract water, and this is the "vapor" that you see. This vapor will encapsulate the chemicals and carry them into your lungs. If the chemical you are trying to use vaporizes, there is no telling what will happen to it's iso-structure, and whether or not it will turn into something inactive or just bad for you. (LSD, for example, would be a bad choice of a chemical to vape. Most of it would turn into iso-LSD, which is basically inactive).

Also, you want to make sure that the dosage that you receive is a good one, and not too powerful. Nootropics which are active orally at <50mg are ideal. As a good rule of thumb, a substance that is vaporized is about 10x more potent than it's oral form, and 5x more potent than it's sublingual form, and will last about half as long. A basic vaping session of e-cig fluid is about 0.25-0.5 ml. You want to have the proper amount of active chemicals in that to equal one dose, at those conversion rates.

To properly mix the chemicals, it is recommended to have a flat-needle syringe and an empty e-cig fluid bottle. Add the dosage of the nootropic to the bottle, put a full syringe of the e-cig fluid in, put the dropper tip back on the bottle, seal it up, and shake it up. Most of it will not have dissolved yet. Now take the syringe, stick the tip of it into the dropper tip of the bottle, turn the bottle upside down, and draw back the plunger of the syringe as fast as you can. This will cause a vacuum to be created in the syringe, will draw out any air or aromatics in the fluid, and will greatly assist in dissolving the powder. Then push the contents back from the syringe once it is full and repeat this process until everything is dissolved. Don't worry if there are a few chunks that do not dissolve, they will occur and are mostly harmless. Now you can add to nootropic e-cig fluid to your vape and enjoy.

I use Sunifiram, myself, at 12 mg/ml in a 12 mg/ml nicotine PEG solution (tropical flavor). The Coconut and Lime intermingles with and overpowers the Suni taste, and gives a very satisfying and mentally stimulating vape.

I don't recommend any chemical which has an extremely potent smell, like Noopept, tho. It will make the entire room you are in stink of stale mushrooms and acetone. The negative effects of overdosing make it unsuitable for vaporization, as well.

Edited by Jeoshua, 08 January 2014 - 04:32 PM.

• like x 2

#10 Saffron

• 114 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

Uh you better not mix in any tianeptine, that stuff is waxy and has strange physical properties compared to other nootropics. People who injected it instead of swallowed it got their blood vessels blocked and gangrene. Also nicotine its-self is a Nootropic. Im not sure if its the compound in cigarettes responsible for being neuro-protective or if that would be beta-carbolines instead, but its the nicotine that is the nootropic via the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor and indirect increase of limbic dopamine.

#11 Mush Man

• 17 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:19 AM

Hey all,I've been Vaping Nicotine since 2011 and there's some good points here regarding safety for sure. Personally without a Lab,HPTLC etc,I'd be hesitant as we can't test any of our Nootropics at home like we can with Nicotine using a reagent (our local Aus E-Cig Battery supplier is a Compound Chemist and sells test kits).

Electronic Cigarettes or PV's and Liquid Nicotine are currently being targeted by the Authorities as we have been self regulating safely mind you from the onset. Big T and Big P now want their piece of the pie because it works. If we go adding stuff to them and yacking about how we do it,then bet ya nuts they will be regulated and many will miss out on saving money,taking responsibility for their own recovery and handing some more propaganda to the Media AND the masses believe what they see on the TV!!!

@ Mike Do you buy pre-mixed or mix down higher concentrations of Nic and DIY?...it saves you heaps and you can get really nice concentrates to make your own Vape.

I'd steer clear of PEG 400 and stick with BP or USP grade too as they are tried and tested and most used. The VG I use is Glycerine as do many as it's easy to get locally (Queen brand) and basically no different bar the fact it's food grade.

Yes they have Caffeine in some e-juices but I'm not totally sure what compounds they use to achieve this,some claim to have Vitamins too but I'd be hesitant to believe the Hype esp. since Ascorbic Acid readliy oxidizes under heat...I think it's a gimmick personally.

Check out what they add to the Tobacco in Cigarettes too http://quitsmoking.a...ingredients.htm
Interesting to note too that Indigenous Tribes cultivated and used Tobacco extensively without the same problems we face with the modern adulterated Cigarette ;)

The beta carboline's in Cigarettes are mainly from the additives if you look carefully through that list and we have tried to actually isolate if indeed Virginian Tobacco contains them at all.

As stated above by Saffron too (nice Molecule btw ;) ) umm most if not all the positive effects from Nicotine/Smokes come from the action on the Acetylcholine receptors and it's a Godsend for those with Anxiety related and Schizophrenia type conditions.

#12 Werper

• 189 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:44 PM

http://rt.com/news/2...c-cancer-japan/

#13 Saffron

• 114 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:43 AM

That headline that says E-Cigs have 10 times more carcinogens -- I bet you its referring to one single carcinogen instead of a whole array, and i bet you its referring to e-Cigs having a "Trace Amount" instead of "Ultra-Trace Amount" of the same one's value in tobacco, whereas the tobacco is then higher in others than eCigs dont have....

Im going to make up example-values to illustrate this concept...

For example, lets say tobacco has a thousand chemicals, and lets say for example it has 0.0001% formaldehyde that is considered "Ultra-Low-Trace" -- Then lets say eCigs have 25 chemicals or so, nicotine, flavor, contaminants and byproducts... and then it might have 0.001% formaldehyde instead of 0.0001% which you would then call "Low-Trace" instead of "Ultra-Low-Trace"....

... the news would then take that and say "e-Cigs have 10 times more carcinogens" even though thats an incoherent statement that makes no sense in this context.

the news headlines does this all of the time with technical stuff, ive seen dozens and dozens of examples of similar concepts -- people who write news stories are very weak minded and wouldnt be able to grasp the concept in the first-half of this post and then would just do "e-Cigs have 10 times more carcinogens"

See how that works? Another analogy. Theobromine is a caffeine analog a bit weaker than caffeine, missing one methyl... So another analogy would be like  this.... say maybe coffee has ten times less Theobromine than chocolate. Then some writes a news story saying "CHOCOLATE HAS 10 TIMES MORE STIMULANTS THAN COFFEE" ignoring caffeine and all compounds as a whole -- of course we know it isnt true chocolate has 10 times more stimulants because its Low-Theobromine is still-higher than coffee's ultra-low theobromine.

See how that works and how we are talking about Weak-Minded people?

On another unrelated note. I think its neat how some people who never smoked are using nicotine gum and patches to enhance their life. But my brain doesnt make false correlations from bizarre programming so i can have the viewpoint it is neat. another person might make a false association with exposure anti-smoking stuff associated with someone using nicotine gum and say "eww thats terrible, id never used nicotine gum!!" or attack the person.

#14 Saffron

• 114 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:48 AM

Breaking News: "a piece Chocolate has 100 times more stimulants than a full Monster Energy Drink", LOL

(because a weak minded person figured the small amount of theobromine in chocolate being 100 times higher than the ultra-small amount in Monster Energy Drink then means a peice of chocolate has 100 times more stimulants than monster, not taking any other compounds into consideration) "Small Amount VS Ultra Small Amount = 100 times more stimulants"

----

That is how weak-minded the population is. And thats just the News Headlines on Technical issues Ultra-Bizarre Errors. Im not even mentioning the hundreds upon hundreds of other Ultra-Bizarre Weak-Minded Errors the population makes, across the board, in 100% off all offline and online places.

Edited by Saffron, 21 December 2014 - 03:49 AM.

#15 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:22 PM

Curious but does anyone know of the effectiveness of burning noots? Also safety not sure what inhaling noots like ractams but those types of supplements often have contaminants like heavy metal etc. Granted it's not great for the liver , but that's what's it's for to help screen out shit. Bypassing when not necessary is not advised, this reminds me of the PIN craze when everyone was trying to inject everything they could find.

#16 Saffron

• 114 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:05 AM

Here's another analogy, to show how asinine news media writes on medical or science news. This is a fun and quirky one (analogy)

A peppermint themed shampoo is loaded in peppermint and is advertised that way, and meant to feel very cool. But it also has a trace amount of spearmint.

A regular shampoo not meant to have the intense menthol feel also has a small amount of spearmint, not even feel-able, but 10 times MORE spearmint than the above one

You then wouldnt say "the regular shampoo has ten times more cooling effect on the skin", just because its insignificant trace spearmint is 10 times higher than the insignificant trace spearmint in the highdose-peppermint shampoo. In fact, only the heavy peppermint is cooling, the other one cant even be felt that way.

Likewise, eCigs dont "have ten times more carcinogens" if 2 insignificant trace ones are higher than the 2 insignificant trace ones in tobacco...which has nitrosamides & tar while eCigs have none.

Its truly amazing how stupid people are. I saw similar things done with dozens of science / medical news stories, just as bad as this example. The people are very confused with a low intelligence & knowledge.

Some people even say things like "Prozac has fluoride" becuase of Fluorine groups on the molecule, which has nothing to do with sodium-fluoride, a brain toxin. Mass confusion is common. Mass sociopathy is common. The author of the article could use some nicotine to make his mind work better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users