covid coronavirus treatments fda

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#91 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 December 2021 - 12:19 AM

Re:  The Hill Scandal, continued...

If interested in the topic, the Kory FLCCC webinar I cited is worth a listen:  https://twitter.com/...238704282882049  

Kory tells the backstory.   Kory and Marik were originally enthusiastic collaborators with Hill.   As research progressed, Hill gave a public presentation on the life-saving potential of ivermectin that got media attention.   Thereafter, he was prohibited from making public talks.  And suddenly he became distant, and then mysteriously reversed his assessment.   Lawrie was not harassing a stranger in that Zoom call, she was pleading with a once enthusiastic collaborator to explain his sudden change in behavior.  Kory said that he and Marik found Hill's draft statement incoherent, for example, the negative conclusion was contrary to the main body.  Forensic analysis indicated sections inserted by two unnamed authors, including the strange conclusion.  Kory is alleging scientific fraud, and a fraud investigation is underway in France. 

• Informative x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • Agree x 1

#92 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 08:06 PM

I recall when the COVID rage mob and US media tried to convince everyone that vitamin D3 was just about worthless in the face of COVID-19. We now have multiple peer-reviewed studies showing significant benefits with the administration/supplementation of D3. Here is another.

• Informative x 2

#93 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 17 December 2022 - 06:37 PM

Remember when US media mocked and the COVID hate mob threatened anyone who offered any alternatives to COVID prevention and treatment. This ugly rage probably caused a lot more death and ill-health than what otherwise would have happened.

Exercise highly correlated with better COVID outcomes. Many people said this in the beginning - exercise, a good diet, and supplements (like Vitamin D3), could be very helpful. These people (and doctors too) were ridiculed, shouted-down, and threatened for their views. 

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#94 Hip

• Topic Starter
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 06:40 AM

Remember when US media mocked and the COVID hate mob threatened anyone who offered any alternatives to COVID prevention and treatment. This ugly rage probably caused a lot more death and ill-health than what otherwise would have happened.

Exercise highly correlated with better COVID outcomes. Many people said this in the beginning - exercise, a good diet, and supplements (like Vitamin D3), could be very helpful. These people (and doctors too) were ridiculed, shouted-down, and threatened for their views. 

Correlation does not imply causation.

In this case, the study's observation that people who exercise more have a less chances of dying of COVID may relate to the fact that regular exercisers are likely going to be physically healthy people, and those who avoid exercise may do so because of underlying disease or ill health. 

Can you point me to any media article about doctors being threatened because they recommended exercise? Methinks you are making this up.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Agree x 2

#95 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 05:48 PM

Many people said this in the beginning - exercise, a good diet, and supplements (like Vitamin D3), could be very helpful. These people (and doctors too) were ridiculed, shouted-down, and threatened for their views. 

Once again you are crying wolf. I have never seen or heard of anyone "ridiculed, shouted-down, and threatened"  for advocating exercise and good diet. Why must you always stretch the truth and exaggerate is such a histrionic way? 

• Ill informed x 2
  • like x 2
  • Agree x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#96 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 21 December 2022 - 08:46 PM

"Evidence" shows exercise and COVID are a bad combination. Real science shows just the opposite.

Commentator roasted online for saying exercise and a good diet are his version of a vaccine.

People could not even go outside (without a mask) and get some fresh air and exercise without having the COVID hate mob attacking them (actually spitting on them).

This type of behavior was everywhere. I could provide 1,000 examples. People would still deny it happened.

• Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#97 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 04:07 AM

Interesting Zinc Study!  

Prospective double blind, multi-center RCT, so not too shabby.  

"In summary, oral zinc treatment for 15 days is associated with a nearly 40% reduction in death and ICU admission, with shortening of symptom duration, in patients with COVID-19. Our results have very important clinical relevance in the absence of specific effective curative treatment."

Apparently, the zinc was not started until patients were enrolled in the program, so probably several days symptomatic.  How much better might the results have been if they started on day one?  

They did NOT include an ionophore.  Would be interesting to see how much better this might have worked if they did.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 23 December 2022 - 04:18 AM.

• Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#98 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 11:48 PM

Remdesivir was a failure (probably harmful to COVID patients), now Molnupiravir has failed in a clinical trial to reduce hospitalization or death in high risk patients.

Recall also that the mRNA COVID injections were never proven in a robust clinical trial. They (blew up the controls) unblinded the first COVID trial after a couple of months. The Pfizer trial was full of fraud and errors. Prior to the media-created COVID panic, no mRNA therapeutic was ever successful in any animal trial. The only human trial was for cancer and did not conclude before the media-created COVID panic.

• Well Written x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#99 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 04 February 2023 - 04:15 PM

It is quite the tragedy that alternative treatment modalities were viciously stamped out of the public and academic discourse during the early part of the media-created COVID panic. A lot of people could have been saved.

Now that the unethical UN Halo team has apparently stopped their attacks, more and more treatments are being studied and discussed. Here is a recent trial which investigated combination treatments for at-risk elderly patients, including high dose vitamin D. By the way, the group with the high dose vitamin D combination had zero deaths. A couple of the hydroxychloroquine combinations also had zero deaths.

• Informative x 4

#100 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 11:15 AM

Remember when people like Dr Brownstone were viciously attacked for promoting nebulized hydrogen peroxide as a potential way to reduce SARS-CoV2 infection? Turns out nasal sprays work really well.

Just think if the COVID rage mob (prodded along by the US government and CDC) was absent in early 2020. A lot of additional lives could have been saved. A lot of treatment and prevention options could have been explored and developed. Instead we got "shut the f#%k up and wear your mask!". Thanks CDC. Good job CNN. (/sarc)

• Good Point x 3
  • Ill informed x 1

#101 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 19 February 2023 - 05:19 PM

The debate about COVID treatments is as politically polarized as ever. At the end of day it should be about facts not politics, but the hyper-partisanship cuckoo bird has dug it's claws into this and wont let go. 

The political polarization of COVID-19 treatments among physicians and laypeople in the United States

• dislike x 2
  • like x 2
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#102 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 02:36 AM

The debate about COVID treatments is as politically polarized as ever. At the end of day it should be about facts not politics, but the hyper-partisanship cuckoo bird has dug it's claws into this and wont let go. 

The political polarization of COVID-19 treatments among physicians and laypeople in the United States

I thought the last paragraph was interesting: In particular this line:

"Finally, our work highlights the limits of expertise and exposure to scientific evidence in mitigating polarization, underscoring the need for psychologically informed interventions to improve evidence dissemination on politicized topics."

I'm curious as to the specifics of the "psychologically informed interventions" the authors have in mind.

• Good Point x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#103 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 06:16 PM

Nathan Jones lays out the case and the peer-reviewed science behind the use of nasal sprays to mitigate COVID.

Higher anti-biotic use among those who contracted COVID pneumonia would have helped save lives.

The public "health" bureaucrats in the US and the UK should have been encouraging proven treatments and therapies (which included vitamin D supplementation) at every turn during the media-created COVID panic. Instead they censored and threatened anyone who offered solid advice - advice that was based upon peer-reviewed science and success in clinical practice. To this day, they are still trying to sue, fire, and harass people who are offering better ideas.

• Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#104 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 09:01 PM

I thought the last paragraph was interesting: In particular this line:

"Finally, our work highlights the limits of expertise and exposure to scientific evidence in mitigating polarization, underscoring the need for psychologically informed interventions to improve evidence dissemination on politicized topics."

I'm curious as to the specifics of the "psychologically informed interventions" the authors have in mind.

The next sentence is:

"Such interventions might draw on bipartisan sources (24, 25), appeal to shared values (26, 27), or highlight implications that are desirable to liberals and conservatives alike (28)."

I think this misinformation meant to produce dopamine hits by pushing political buttons is an issue. My mom is politically conservative and our views overlap on many issues and we talk most every day. There was a period where she would say the craziest things, conspiracy type right wing nonsense that had no basis in facts. She will occasionally still say things for example about the attack on Paul Pelosi being maybe a lovers spat gone wrong. My "intervention" with her, and it has worked mostly, is to tell her not to believe everything on social media, something perhaps obvious to us but not obvious to a surprising number of people and to point out that political polarization has led to all kinds of crazy and manipulative information meant to divide people. That is different from whatever nefarious thing you are hinting at.
  • dislike x 1

#105 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 09:15 PM

The next sentence is:

"Such interventions might draw on bipartisan sources (24, 25), appeal to shared values (26, 27), or highlight implications that are desirable to liberals and conservatives alike (28)."

I think this misinformation meant to produce dopamine hits by pushing political buttons is an issue. My mom is politically conservative and our views overlap on many issues and we talk most every day. There was a period where she would say the craziest things, conspiracy type right wing nonsense that had no basis in facts. She will occasionally still say things for example about the attack on Paul Pelosi being maybe a lovers spat gone wrong. My "intervention" with her, and it has worked mostly, is to tell her not to believe everything on social media, something perhaps obvious to us but not obvious to a surprising number of people and to point out that political polarization has led to all kinds of crazy and manipulative information meant to divide people. That is different from whatever nefarious thing you are hinting at.

That sentence you quote is nice but not particularly illustrative. None of what they mention there strike me as particularly being "psychological interventions" and I suspect is not what they had in mind with that statement.

"The need for psychologically informed interventions" has a certain odor about it. Using psychology on "the masses" rather than just laying the information out there as forthright as possible. It betrays a certain paternalistic attitude. The people in the country aren't your fellow citizens with their own moral agency that are to be convinced rather than coerced. They are the masses that the upper echelon must employ psychological techniques against to get the outcomes they desire.

Maybe it's totally innocent but that wording gives off a whiff of the sort of thing you'd hear discussed around the water cooler at a Department of Propaganda.

• Agree x 2

#106 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 11:38 PM

That sentence you quote is nice but not particularly illustrative. None of what they mention there strike me as particularly being "psychological interventions" and I suspect is not what they had in mind with that statement.

"The need for psychologically informed interventions" has a certain odor about it. Using psychology on "the masses" rather than just laying the information out there as forthright as possible. It betrays a certain paternalistic attitude. The people in the country aren't your fellow citizens with their own moral agency that are to be convinced rather than coerced. They are the masses that the upper echelon must employ psychological techniques against to get the outcomes they desire.

Maybe it's totally innocent but that wording gives off a whiff of the sort of thing you'd hear discussed around the water cooler at a Department of Propaganda.

"Department of propaganda" "psychological interventions"

I am not for ANY kind of mind control or government propaganda or censorship (as is now occurring in China and Russia), but I have news for you. We are already deep in weird psychological propaganda to control people. About 22% of Americans believe in Qanaon. Before you dismiss that, some of these folks have been responsible for acts of violence. That kind of mind control and psychological manipulation is scarier to me than the musings of nerds in a PNAS paper.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#107 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 06:58 PM

Selenium supplementation could reduce the severity of COVID.

Researchers attempt to identify and repurpose more antiviral drugs for future viral outbreaks.

I sure hope we are past the point where the online COVID rage mob (including posters in this forum) and the US government suppresses any and all alternative treatments.

I am still sad about the state of affairs over the last three years (and continues somewhat to this day) where anyone who tries to come up with better treatment modalities (for COVID or other diseases) is greeted by threats, harassment, rage, censorship, etc. What was the motivation to block things like vitamin D3, selenium, general supplementation, exercise, etc. in favor of masking, isolation, and lockdowns. A lot of people died and the negative effects are still being felt among the most vulnerable in society, including children.

Recall, I started making videos about "COVID solutions". In this community, the normal state of affairs is to collaborate, brainstorm, and come up with solutions. I was told by my employer to stop making the videos and take them down or I would be fired. Worse yet, people in this forum started attacking the general idea of exploring treatments and solutions for COVID, in favor of blindly following the US government and their ineffective and disastrous COVID policies. I am still sad about it.

• Well Written x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: covid, coronavirus, treatments, fda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users