• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Stack Submitter

Stack Details

• Submitted: Apr 06 2017 10:37 PM
  • Views: 3180

Interactions/Safety of my stack?.. SAM-e, PS, Milk Thistle, I3C, CDG, Fish Oil, cortisol formula and pre-workout powders

* * - - -
sam-e indiol-3-carbinole calcium d glucarate zinc glycine amino acid chelate fish oil caps see description for more!

Description

Hi everyone, I would appreciate it if anyone could comment on my supplement stack for any possible interactions or safety concerns. I'm 27 and have basically no knowledge of metabolic pathways, so please excuse my ignorance.

Main Goals:

- detox Liver (not alcohol related, more about previous abuse of pre-workout supplements from years ago but I would think my liver has gone back to regular functioning after 3 years off)

- keep Estrogen to a minimum (I have paranoia about Xenoestrogens.. boosting Testosterone would be a bonus)

- find a solution for my Joint issues:

I crack my joints obsessively. Sometimes it's an unnecessary, bad mental habit but other times they feel physically "dislocated" and I need to crack them for relief. If I put any pressure on the joint is painful. This has really interfered in my ability to lift weights with full effort for the past couple of years and particular exercises have become uncomfortable. Often my knee needs to be cracked before doing squats. And often just after a few pull-ups, they become impossible for my shoulders to continue. Aside from working out, sometimes I will attempt to crack a joint but it doesn't work and it causes a different kind of pain. Sometimes after a few failed attempts, I'll wait maybe 30 seconds and be able to crack it. I suspect I might have RA but I haven't been to the doctor in quite some time. (Also the last time I got blood work done, I was on the low end of the normal range for thyroid function if that is relevant to anything here)

Most recently, I'm aiming to lower Cortisol in addition to my current goals. Also, I'm trying to make a temporary fix for depression/not having much interaction with people. My oxytocin levels must be pretty low.

Diet:

I eat about 2700 calories. 25% protein, 40% fat, 35% carb. My diet is somewhat high protein. I aim for about 120-150g protein per day. (i'm 175 lbs.) I eat a lot of microwaved chicken strips, sometimes 100-120g of protein from chicken. If not, I'll get the rest from Whey protein powder, so some days are 40-80g from Whey. I'm trying to drink Kefir more regularly for probiotics because of animal protein.

Main sources of fats are the chicken, cheese, coconut milk, olives, (on ocassion, avocado and raw salmon sushi.) Starting to eat 2 whole eggs and 1 oz. of nut butter per day. My Amy's microwavable ready to eat meals mostly use sunflower/safflower oil.

Not much of anything by way of fruits, but I'll be looking to add some kind of berry. Probably blueberries and cherries.

I drink iced coffee (200 mg caffeine) with Coconut Milk, usually once a day .

I just started eating 4 oz. spinach with a slice of cheese a few days ago. I just added 3mg Boron to that meal, starting yesterday.

On to more Supplements:

These two I've been taking for a over a year:

- 22 mg Zinc (glycinate amino acid chelate) .... one a day... (I eat red meat rarely, but I want to add in a hamburger once a week in a few weeks)

- Fish Oil (1000/500 EPA/DHA at a time).. sometimes 1500/1000 at a time... some days I go up to 3g EPA/ 2g DHA over the course of the day, it doesn't seem to be helping the joints but also I just stopped drinking Kombucha tea about a week ago so I'll have to wait and see)

I started taking these a few months ago, took a month off, and now back on:

- 100 mg Indiol-3-Carbinole, (formula includes 200mg Vitamin C) ... once a day

- 2-3g Calcium D Glucarate... sometimes 2-3 times a day

10 days ago, I added:

300mg Milk Thistle (80% silymarin flavanoids... supp formula includes Turmeric 700mg), 1-2 times a day

200mg SAM-e in the morning on an empty stomach. Breakfast 30-60 min later.

Starting about a month ago, before a workout, I'll take one of two pre-workout powders. Or go half and half. The first one has proprietary blends and I didn't realizxe until now that the 2nd one has bioperine, which I would rather avoid because of what I understand about Cy P450, but 2mg isn't that much right? Here are their labels:

#1: GAT PMP

20 mg Thiamine
25 mg Niacin
50 mcg B-12
26 mg Calcium (lactate)
78 mg Sodium (chloride)

3.1 g (Beta Alanine, L-Arginine Malate, L-Citrulline, L-Citrulline Malate, L-Norvaline)
900 mg (Agmatine Sulfate, Glycerol Monostearate, L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Calcium Lactate)
700mg (N-Aceytl L-Tyrosine, L-Theanine)
200 mg Aceytl L-Carnitine HCL

-------------------------
#2: NitroSurge

2.0 g L-Citrulline
1.6 g Beta-Alanine
1.2 g Betaine Anhydrous
180 mg Caffeine Anhydrous
90 mg L-Theanine
25 mg Hordenine HCL
2.5 mg Bioperine

Questions:

1. About SAM-e, without knowing if I am under-, over- or properly methylated, will SAM-e still help for liver detox, joints, and mood? I think it has helped at least with mood about 6 hours after taking it.

2. Is it safe to add 100mg Phosphatidylserine to the stack? I would take it with Fish Oil. I know my dosages are relatively low, but I'm concerned about if it in addition to SAM-e would have a harmful effect on seratonin or otherwise. In addition or as an alternative, can I safely add "Cortisol Health" by Les Labs- label here:

100 mg Magnesium Citrate
125 mg Ashwagandha Root Extract (standardized to 2.5% Withanolides)
50 mg Phosphatidylserine
50 mg Magnolia Bark Extract
25 mg Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract (standardized to 3% Rosavins and 1% Salidrosides)

3. If so, should I space the Cortisol supplement away from the pre-workout in some way? I'm not sure if I should be using the cortisol supp in the morning, midday, evening, preworkout or postworkout,

4. Optimally, should CDG be taken at the same time as I3C, or should it be taken a few hours after? I know zinc and calcium compete but doesn this matter in regard to CDG?

5. Do any of the supplements I've mentioned need to be cycled off? I'll be taking a break from my pre-workout powder in about a month.

6. Is anything unsafe?

Thanks for reading, sorry for long post.
I need a temporary fix for not having much interaction with people. Oxytocin is low

Ingredient Dosage Frequency Administration
SAM-e 200 mg Daily morning, empty stomach
Indiol-3-Carbinole 100 mg Daily No instructions provided.
Calcium D Glucarate 2-3 gram twice daily No instructions provided.
Zinc Glycine Amino Acid Chelate 22 mg Daily No instructions provided.
Fish Oil caps 2 gram twice daily No instructions provided.
SEE Description for MORE! 1 serving(s) Daily No instructions provided.