Relora and Birth Control

relora birth control

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 castillo

• 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:20 AM

Does anyone know whether I can take Relora and Birth control together?  I ask because I feel the high dose birth control raises my cortisol and stress levels and would like it to help my anxiety and sleep.  Thanks.

Oh and what about Relora and Gravol or Pepto Bismol.  Just in case I need those to lighten up some nausea from the contraceptives but would like to also use Relora to bring down the anxiety.

Edited by castillo, 04 August 2018 - 01:28 AM.

#2 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

ugh,   high dose can be awful.   Progesterone only is what's good for sleep and calming.    That's why it's good to take the progesterone only pill at night.   I call the b.c. with estrogen included the stress ones.   I have never taken Relora but the science behind it looks good and there doesn't seem to be anything that is contraindicated with b.c.    Other things I have looked into for calming are magnesium,   valerian,   natural methods....I mean nothing works ideally but better than nothing.   Maybe someday I'll try Relora.  I have major stress issues and always have.  If you aren't against it maybe talk to yr doc about the stress reaction and she might suggest some kind of calming pill.   There are tons out there.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 castillo

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:37 AM

Thx Boopy! Awful is right. I’m down to 2 pills a day from 6 pills a day. I still feel either pregnancy like symptoms or menopausal like symptoms. I’m sure they are both almost similar. I feel better knowing that Relora has no contraindications with bcp. That way I can use it if need be.

No calming pills for me from doctors. The only reason I know about Relora is because of the horrific withdrawals off benzos 4.5 years ago. This fragile brain is the reason behind all this bleeding. Relora really saved me. I will choose it over any ativan or xanax any day.

I took it for 6 months straight in the throws of acute withdrawals. You must give it a try. It definitely helps lower cortisol during times of heightened anxiety. Now that I’m no longer in such a detrimental position as I was 4.5 years ago, I’m sure I don’t need it for 6 months. Maybe only as needed cause I definitely don’t want cortisol too low either. With that said, it will aways have a place in my cabinet. Just don’t take with antidepressants and the like.

#4 castillo

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:50 PM

HI Boopy, I can't believe I'm still in this ordeal.  I'm still spotting on the pills and coming up to 2 months now.  Only option gyno has is surgery or more birth control pills :|?  I think I'm going to try acupuncture this week but it means I have to stop birth control pills beforehand which makes me nervous.  My current issue now is that while on birth control pills, I need something for my high histamines and my allergic reactions.  I normally take quercetin but have read some articles here and there how it might interfere with birth control pills.  It's the only thing that is effective for my allergies and nothing over the counter helps.  Do you know anything about quercetin? Can it be taken away from the pill?? thank you.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:11 PM

I spotted for a very long time on the pill,   which does happen.   I've noticed we have to do our own research   that not one doctor has ever known as much as one would expect about hormones.   they kind of do the bare minimum and we have to do our own research (exhaustive)  on the specific b.c. that works.   Hormones should not be messed with,   yet doctors are all too happy to experiment on us.   I learned this in nursing school and always remembered it.   I'm on the progesterone only pill and I am considering ordering quercetin,   and tbh I don't know much about it.   When in doubt I would always ask a pharmacist before a doctor.   I'll look into it too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: relora, birth control

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users