• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What neurontransmitters are involved in processing information?

brain

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:50 PM

What I mean is like if I wanna boost my brain power to the max what would I need to increase? to get smarter. I know about Dopamine ,serotonin and norepinephrine what else?

Also I saw this study:  https://www.scienced...80517102236.htm

study shows fewer neuron connections in smarter people

since GABA is an inhibitory neurontransmitter (slows down the brain) would this make you smarter?

I also think the hormones pregnenolone,progesterone and dhea has some positive brain effects? please post anything you know , thanks.

Edited by farshad, 09 June 2018 - 12:11 AM.

• WellResearched x 1

#2 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:53 PM

Acetylcholine and glutamate as well
  • Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:24 AM

Interesting study. I thought a smart brain thingys were the other way around..

Edited by prunk, 09 June 2018 - 01:26 AM.

• Cheerful x 1

#4 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:20 AM

About all neurotransmitters are involved, that's what they're there for. You receive input from the reality through senses, your current brain state (neurotransmitter balance) decides how it processes this information and you decide what you do with it (conscious choice). 

General brain power can be increased with creatine:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC1691485/

• Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:16 AM

any other supplements/neurontransmitters/hormones etc  to help with brain power, memory, learning etc..

Edited by farshad, 24 June 2018 - 02:17 AM.

• Well Written x 1

#6 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:31 AM

I think one of the bigger players would be Acetylcholine so CDP choline and or AlphaGPC and Centrophenoxine could work.

Edited by John250, 24 June 2018 - 05:31 AM.

• WellResearched x 1
  • Agree x 1

#7 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2018 - 11:39 PM

neurosteroids 

https://en.wikipedia...f_neurosteroids

• WellResearched x 1

#8 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:51 AM

Hmm... quite interesting - never thought too much about these compounds, but obviously they must exist - and lo and behold, there are many!

But what are your goals here? You have tremendous issues with anxiety, yes? Don't you think resolution of those issues would allow you to naturally already achieve a much higher, effective state of mind? Anxious symptoms take a lot of brain-power, both consciously and Subconsciously.

There's also the fact that many people have very specific short-comings that are holding back their intellectual capacity - altering the wrong process in your brain can have negative impacts on performance.

For instance:

Stimulants and cholinergics can both enhance learning for a number of people, but for some, they will actually IMPAIR performance.

I would suggest you check out more about the genes connected to High Intelligence, as well as the genes connected to LOW intelligence - then you have a look at the processes they control, and how those can be altered. When you have DEEPER knowledge about what makes for an intelligent person, you then ANALYZE YOURSELF - how similar are you to people with high iq?

What diphers between you? Having performance-data on yourself will also help here - test yourself out on something like Cambridge Brain Sciences, and see how you compare to various groups on different cognitive tasks.

Also test yourself genetically, so you'll know which genes you may lack, which could enhance certain processes - then you would know more about which processes to alter. (do you need more glutamate? less synaptic pruning? more dopamine? more acetylcholine? etc, et c...)

https://www.cambridg...insciences.com/

Intelligence is a very, very complex subject - don't go altering your brain until you know HOW it should be altered to enhance performance.

(as well, your issues with anxiety should take ABSOLUTE priority - if you resolve those issues, then anything you do beyond that, cannot be allowed to interfere with your anxiety-treatments - don't forget that...)

#9 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:17 PM

Hmm... quite interesting - never thought too much about these compounds, but obviously they must exist - and lo and behold, there are many!

But what are your goals here? You have tremendous issues with anxiety, yes? Don't you think resolution of those issues would allow you to naturally already achieve a much higher, effective state of mind? Anxious symptoms take a lot of brain-power, both consciously and Subconsciously.

There's also the fact that many people have very specific short-comings that are holding back their intellectual capacity - altering the wrong process in your brain can have negative impacts on performance.

For instance:
Stimulants and cholinergics can both enhance learning for a number of people, but for some, they will actually IMPAIR performance.

I would suggest you check out more about the genes connected to High Intelligence, as well as the genes connected to LOW intelligence - then you have a look at the processes they control, and how those can be altered. When you have DEEPER knowledge about what makes for an intelligent person, you then ANALYZE YOURSELF - how similar are you to people with high iq?

What diphers between you? Having performance-data on yourself will also help here - test yourself out on something like Cambridge Brain Sciences, and see how you compare to various groups on different cognitive tasks.

Also test yourself genetically, so you'll know which genes you may lack, which could enhance certain processes - then you would know more about which processes to alter. (do you need more glutamate? less synaptic pruning? more dopamine? more acetylcholine? etc, et c...)

https://www.cambridg...insciences.com/

Intelligence is a very, very complex subject - don't go altering your brain until you know HOW it should be altered to enhance performance.

(as well, your issues with anxiety should take ABSOLUTE priority - if you resolve those issues, then anything you do beyond that, cannot be allowed to interfere with your anxiety-treatments - don't forget that...)

I haven’t either and now I’m going to be late for work as I see so many of these have the potential for restoring GABAa from benzodiazepine withdrawal which my brother is going through right now and none of them are talked about. These neurosteroids are fascinating.

#10 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:26 PM

niacin to widen blood vessels.niacin increases blood flow to the brain by dilating blood vessels. This additional blood flow to the brain provides many of the neuroprotective and nootropic benefits of picamilon. New blood coming into the brain brings fresh oxygen and other essential nutrients that nourish brain cells

does niacin increase brain power?

• Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#11 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:08 PM

does niacin increase brain power?

Niacin deficiency can cause cognitive impairment and many studies show its beneficial for brain disease so it can’t hurt.
  • Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#12 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:30 PM

It all revolves around copper and how magnesium(a macro mineral) works in the mitochondria properly. Then we have the inorganic tissue salts, so important. Once the qi has a framework to manifest on, good health can be possible.
Just my 2 cents.
  • Needs references x 3

#13 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:10 PM

Because memories are in plasma and the upper brain is an antenner to these experiences, it becomes clear that the lump of fat that is impregnated with minerals has abilities that are dependent on minerals, and pH.
But it’s a balancing act of salts, movement, fire(energy), air, water. Beliefs matter but with the compartmentalised subjects and mass disinformation finding long lasting direction to improved personal performance can be difficult. The good news is , we self regulate, to up regulate needs development of mineral taxis and qi pathways. You are what you eat, I mean what you accept, what you take in. Theres many ways to obtain sustenance, gluco, keto, electro, psycho, qi, movement(vibration, shock, stretching, stillness, suppleness), solar, thermal, ferment, catabol, breath, generosity, what capacity of performance do you have in these areas of transmutation? We are only as good as our weakest link, you can be content as you are but there are ways that exist that cannot be easily shown to others.
If you know what I mean?

Edited by Multivitz, 14 July 2018 - 11:18 PM.

• Needs references x 1

#14 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:36 PM

Wake Up!! They say.
If copper funds the Pineal, that fills the middle groove of the upper hemispheres and allows hyper communication between them, or should I say they work as a whole. This state gives ones aerial full access to memories, one then has choice of reliving them better to eventually gain efficiency of emotional flow. T
hings become easier(like thinking, creating, loving, one feels more content. Understanding becomes very easy because empathy becomes possible. You will be able to be in another’s shoes, this natural ability is part of real brainstorming with likeminded people, experiencing their ideas through yourself. Please don’t get this confused with psychopathic ideas, they are illogical and poor. A product of broken thought.
Boron energises our growth factors, growth factors tell all the cells the grow/work, brain works, you train brain because it operates in addiction mode as normal, brain become still and content, you direct quite brain and trust it to find answers, it does amazing tasks, you find Gratitude, you learn to love yourself then love others, everyone’s a winner.
The defenition of ‘the feeling of love’, to feel the want to do things for something/someone. It’s neurotransmitters, it’s lectines, it’s memory, it’s guilt, it’s fear of loss, it’s hate, it’s a set of answers(real or probable) that have excellent good bad poor, to no choices? The feeling that of ‘ the penny drops’ is a nice sensation, don’t let pride come in and confuse matters.
So without boron, nothing happens, one goes about like a media zombie. Go figure.

Edited by Multivitz, 15 July 2018 - 12:19 AM.

• Needs references x 1

#15 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:29 AM

I missed out osmosis in the sustenance list, go stand in something bare foot, or have the washing powder absorb through your skin for a life time?
  • Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#16 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:33 AM

Grace, is an intresting concept, no?
  • unsure x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#17 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:44 AM

Wake Up!! They say.
If copper funds the Pineal, that fills the middle groove of the upper hemispheres and allows hyper communication between them, or should I say they work as a whole. This state gives ones aerial full access to memories, one then has choice of reliving them better to eventually gain efficiency of emotional flow. T
hings become easier(like thinking, creating, loving, one feels more content. Understanding becomes very easy because empathy becomes possible. You will be able to be in another’s shoes, this natural ability is part of real brainstorming with likeminded people, experiencing their ideas through yourself. Please don’t get this confused with psychopathic ideas, they are illogical and poor. A product of broken thought.
Boron energises our growth factors, growth factors tell all the cells the grow/work, brain works, you train brain because it operates in addiction mode as normal, brain become still and content, you direct quite brain and trust it to find answers, it does amazing tasks, you find Gratitude, you learn to love yourself then love others, everyone’s a winner.
The defenition of ‘the feeling of love’, to feel the want to do things for something/someone. It’s neurotransmitters, it’s lectines, it’s memory, it’s guilt, it’s fear of loss, it’s hate, it’s a set of answers(real or probable) that have excellent good bad poor, to no choices supporting the belief to love. The feeling that of ‘ the penny drops’ is a nice sensation, don’t let pride come in and confuse matters.
So without boron, nothing happens, one goes about like a media zombie. Go figure.
  • Ill informed x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#18 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:19 PM

https://en.wikipedia...aling_molecules

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users