coconut oil in its natural form vs softgels

coconut oil

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:06 PM

why does the softgels have no effect on me but these forms have an effect https://se.iherb.com...oz-946-ml/89268 and https://se.iherb.com...6-oz-448-g/4567

When you make the coconut oil into capsule form do they lose how it work as a MCT or lose its all nutrients or something? what is the difference between, virgin and not virgin coconut oil and unrefined vs refined etc?

also, why is it called coconut OIL when it's not oily but some white substance? The MCT is oil but not the coconut, does it turn oily when you cook it? is that how it looks like when its inside coconuts in nature, white? or is it an oil in its natural form and its turned white in the factories? example: organic_extra_virgin_coconut_oil_3.jpg

Edited by farshad, 18 November 2019 - 03:14 PM.

#2 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:23 AM

Some coconut fat I have seen melts somewhere around room temperature. So it tends to fluctuate back and forth between liquid and solid, a few degrees C is enough. I would guess the kind I bought melts at about 26-27 C.

I don't use that stuff however, the only coconut fat I use is the chemically enhanced variety from Unilever that's fully hardened (no trans fats or anything like that), so it's almost entirely saturated fat.  It's much harder to melt. I use it sometimes if I fry something in a pan, because I would think it's much more chemically stable than most anything else. Shelf life is long and there doesn't tend to be as much of a burnt effect or black smoke (compared to butter for example), it really does seem to tolerate heat quite well.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coconut oil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users