* * * * * 1 votes

How to keep Dopamine from converting into Norepinephrine

tyrosine dopamine norepinephrine beta-hydroxylase adrenaline

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:24 PM

I use  3g Tyrosine from time to time in the morning , and the effect is somewhat unpredictable, sometimes I get  better decisiveness and less procrastination while still being calm and focused, but sometimes all i get is anger and the feeling of being pissed off without any reason ( the latter is typical when i take anything that increases norepinephrine and adrenaline )

It seems the better effect is when tyrosine is being converted  to dopamine ( dopamine hydroxylase) , while the undesired effect is due to too much conversion of dopamine to norepinephrine ( dopamine beta-hydroxylase ) down the chain.

I know there are things to bring norepinephrine levels lower, but I want to prevent Tyrosine's  conversion from dopamine to norepinephrine as much as possible from the start.

What is the state of research on that ? Anything that might prevent too much beta-hydroxylase ?

Edited by BlueCloud, 05 February 2020 - 12:34 PM.

• like x 1

#2 Justin BoBustinBananaFanaF

• 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2020 - 07:51 PM

It looks like black tea theaflavins may help.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Rorororo

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2020 - 07:55 PM

Get pure L-dopa (it exists) or https://area1255.blogspot.com/ has an article about lowering DBH

#4 Justin BoBustinBananaFanaF

• 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:10 PM

It looks like black tea theaflavins may help.

Area's page also suggests SJW & california poppy. Jasmine was recommended elsewhere.

In other news, prolactin increases dopamine which may explain why I can't sleep. If anyone else has more information please share

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#5 BlueCloud

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:06 AM

Get pure L-dopa (it exists) or https://area1255.blogspot.com/ has an article about lowering DBH

mmm.. i dont know how much i can trust a blog mostly dedicated to Satan and Astrology...

• Agree x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • dislike x 1

#6 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2020 - 04:30 PM

Cardio can reliably raise, your arousal state, 15 minutes on a tread-mill when your feeling demotivated would have a reliable stimulating effect for 20-30 minutes.

• Agree x 1

#7 Rorororo

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:41 PM

mmm.. i dont know how much i can trust a blog mostly dedicated to Satan and Astrology...

LOL.  His stuff aligned with nootropics is legit though. 

• unsure x 1
  • Agree x 1

#8 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:33 AM

My experience with Tyrosine is that it is very unpredictable, and there seems to be long-lasting tolerance, a million times more so than tolerance to say dexamphetamine or methylphenidate. I've gotten some very strong stimulating effects on rare occasions from just half a gram of tyrosine, and I could repeat it to an extent, if I took weeks off from it. As far as chronic use I don't know, I gave up on that pretty quickly. 

It seems like not the best idea to try and just squeeze in dopamine everywhere. Even if you manage to you are altering so many different things without aim. Ofc tyrosine might be pretty harmless, I assume. If I were on the look for something to improve motivation without too much tension etc, then I'd probably look at the stuff that's already been used for that, all kinds of herbs and whatnot that probably have more specific mechanisms of action than to "increase dopamine levels in the brain". Or try and find some substance that has a more specific mechanism...

LOL.  His stuff aligned with nootropics is legit though. 

I read through a lot of that stuff long ago but I think he tries to cover too many things. I find it quite unlikely most of the stuff he mentions does all that much, as opposed to has some interesting pubmed articles related to some mechanism or other.

Edited by Keizo, 10 February 2020 - 07:01 AM.

#9 Rorororo

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:07 AM

My experience with Tyrosine is that it is very unpredictable, and there seems to be long-lasting tolerance, a million times more so than tolerance to say dexamphetamine or methylphenidate. I've gotten some very strong stimulating effects on rare occasions from just half a gram of tyrosine, and I could repeat it to an extent, if I took weeks off from it. As far as chronic use I don't know, I gave up on that pretty quickly. 

It seems like not the best idea to try and just squeeze in dopamine everywhere. Even if you manage to you are altering so many different things without aim. Ofc tyrosine might be pretty harmless, I assume. If I were on the look for something to improve motivation without too much tension etc, then I'd probably look at the stuff that's already been used for that, all kinds of herbs and whatnot that probably have more specific mechanisms of action than to "increase dopamine levels in the brain". Or try and find some substance that has a more specific mechanism...

I read through a lot of that stuff long ago but I think he tries to cover too many things. I find it quite unlikely most of the stuff he mentions does all that much, as opposed to has some interesting pubmed articles related to some mechanism or other.

Look at co factors if you care about dopamine from l-tyrosine . Maybe look into increasing tyrosine hydroxylase?  Could be something more complicated but just a suggestion. 

#10 BlueCloud

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:30 PM

I don't use tyrosine chronically. My experience with it is that I can manage a continuous effect from it up to 3 days in a row, followed by a break of at least 4 or 5 days before taking it again. I combine it with cdp-choline for reasons I mention in this old post. And I usually only use during a few periods in a year, not on a continual basis.

Stimulation , which you mention, is actually not at all what Iike it for. In fact stimulation is something I tend to avoid as I have high anxiety levels. When it works, and when it's not being converted into a lot of norepinephrine/adrenaline,  it usually gives me a nice calm focus and facilitates decision-making despite my high GAD, especially when associated with one of my various anti-anxiety arsenal tools. It's the best thing I found so far for this ( also my options are limited by the fact that methylphenidate and similar things are nearly impossible to get prescribed where I live, and highly illegal to import ).

It is only when it seems to be converting too much to norepiniehrine that it's effects become highly anxiety-triggering.

Anyway, so far the DBH inhibitors mentionned in the blog , SJW isn't a good idea for a variety of reasons ( it's effects on skin, retina, etc..), and california poppy ( eschscholzia ) has only one study mentioning potential for DBH inhibition, and in a pretty weak manner. Nevertheless I bought it since it is one of very few anxiolytic things I haven't tried so far, so even if doesn't help much with the tyrosine issue, maybe it may help a bit with my sleep/anxiety issues .

Edited by BlueCloud, 10 February 2020 - 06:39 PM.

#11 BlueCloud

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:44 PM

So, it seems Ginseng may help : https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2933443/

Anti-stress effects of ginseng via down-regulation of tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) and dopamine β-hydroxylase (DBH) gene expression in immobilization-stressed rats and PC12 cells

In the present study, the mRNA levels of TH and DBH were markedly increased by immobilization stress in rat adrenal glands. Ginseng administration suppressed the stress-induced TH and DBH gene expression in immobilization stressed rats. These results support the hypothesis that ginseng inhibited catecholamine biosynthesis against immobilization stress via down-regulation of TH and DBH gene expression.

Problem is, Ginseng lowers DBH ( this I like ) but also TH ( this I don't like ). It's lowering both Dopamine and Norepinephrine. But the net effect could be different..Probably worth a try.

Edited by BlueCloud, 14 February 2020 - 04:45 PM.

#12 sedentary

• 155 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:32 PM

anything that boosts dopamine will consequently boost the annoying as hell norepinphrine and i have been battling with this for many years with the addictive drugs. it seems, not recomendded, but one of the simplest easiest ways is to just take a relaxer. but very good thread nevertheless. im very curious we find a better solution than to just take some sedatives when you get overstimulated and in flight or fight situations.

from all the posts so far, i havent seen even a slight chance of this getting resolved so far. especially the ginseng idea. ginseng will also boost epinphrine which has always been the reason i have been avoiding it, sadly.

#13 ibtisam_midlet

• 105 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 06:05 PM

st john's wort have 0.7% hypericin inhibit the action of the enzyme dopamine β-hydroxylase, leading to increased dopamine levels, although thus decreasing norepinephrine and epinephrine. levels

>>https://www.aafp.org...1201/p2249.html

>>https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Hypericin
>>http://www.bindingdb...50&Increment=50

#14 sedentary

• 155 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 07:48 PM

st john wort didnt boost my dopa. maybe it works only in rats?

#15 Bauhaus

• 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:16 PM

Take your dopaminergic together with clonidine er (extended release) to block noradrenaline.

• unsure x 1
  • Agree x 1

#16 sedentary

• 155 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:08 AM

thats bad ass statement right there buddy. where is your proof, study, any reference??

#17 Bauhaus

• 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:28 AM

thats bad ass statement right there buddy. where is your proof, study, any reference??

You're kiddin', right ? This is basic pharmacology budddy !

In fact It's often given together with methylphenidate to ADHDers for this reason.

Btw blocking the enzyme might be bad idea since too much dopamine can cause mania/psychosis.

Edited by Bauhaus, 29 March 2020 - 12:08 PM.

#18 sedentary

• 155 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 12:44 AM

well, i googled. it seems you might have a point there. but, inhibiting noradrenaline will also inhibit dopamine. the two are going together fundamentally.

to prove this, i did an experiment. i took clonidine with my usual dopaminergic, and yes, it inhibited dopamine as well. i did not feel that usual excitement or rush i usually do. overally, you are right, but not completely. i wish it can damn well just prevent the adrenaline from release....

#19 Bauhaus

• 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:20 AM

Odd, thought the conversion was one directional.

Then you should wait some time before taking the clonidine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 sedentary

• 155 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:38 AM

Odd, thought the conversion was one directional.

Then you should wait some time before taking the clonidine.

man are you fucking with me or what? did you ever in your entire life have taken clonidine? because you know what, ill never do shit people say its ok until they do it themselves now days.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tyrosine, dopamine, norepinephrine, beta-hydroxylase, adrenaline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users