• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Clinical study: Resveratrol nasal spray improves allergic rhinitis(AR) in adults

reseveratrol in vivo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:39 PM

Never thought of this angle, it looks interesting:

Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2018 Mar 14. doi: 10.1159/000486959. [Epub ahead of print]
Preliminary Clinical Effect Evaluation of Resveratrol in Adults with Allergic Rhinitis.
Abstract
BACKGROUND:

Resveratrol is a natural, nonflavonoid polyphenol, exerting anti-inflammatory activity. It has been reported that resveratrol, together with carboxymethyl-β-glucan, can reduce nasal symptoms in children with allergic rhinitis (AR). In this study, the effect of resveratrol on nasal symptoms in adults with AR was investigated.

METHODS:

We conducted a placebo-controlled, double-blinded study. One hundred and fifty-one adults (aged 18-60 years) with severe persistent AR were divided into a placebo-treated group (n = 50), a positive control budesonide-treated group (n = 50), and a resveratrol-treated group (n = 51). They were then treated with 2 sprays (100 µL/spray) in each nostril 3 times/day for 1 month. Nasal symptoms including obstruction, itching, sneezing, and rhinorrhea, and the levels of IgE, IL-4, TNF-α, and eosinophils in the blood were assessed at baseline and after treatment.

RESULTS:

Adults treated with resveratrol or budesonide achieved a significant reduction in nasal symptoms compared to the placebo-treated group. The resveratrol treatment significantly decreased the IgE, IL-4, TNF-α, and eosinophil levels in the blood. In addition, the resveratrol treatment was found to improve the quality of life of adults with AR.

CONCLUSION:

Our preliminary study showed that intranasal resveratrol is capable of significantly improving nasal symptoms in adults with AR.

© 2018 S. Karger AG, Basel.

KEYWORDS:

Adult; Allergic rhinitis; Eosinophils; Nasal symptoms; Resveratrol

PMID: 29539616

#2 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

That's the 2nd recent study mentioned involving resveratrol ingested via nasal spray.  Here's a cross link to my earlier post with more detail on a nasal spray composed of a  chitosan-resveratrol complex:  http://www.longecity...in-nasal-spray/

Howard

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:30 PM

Nice. I notice a very tiny improvement in my sinus congestion when taking large doses of rez. I wonder what they suspended or dissolved the rez into.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reseveratrol, in vivo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users