• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

- - - - -

Sulbutiamine vs Benfotiamine, and Methylfolate dosage for MTHF mutations?

sulbutiamine benfotiamine methylfolate mthf

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_supplementer_*

• Lurker

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:43 PM

What is the dosage for methylfolate for those with MTHF mutation (normal folate dosage is 400mcg) and how would you compare benfotiamine and sulbutiamine? And what is their dosage (normal dosage is 1.2mg)? I'm not fixing to superload or something and I intend to save money as much as it's possible so I assume that the dosage is the same as for regular forms of these 3 supplements but people here must know better than me.  :)

Benfotiamine is marketed as best absorbed but sulbutiamine is marketed as the best form for some unknown reasons besides the cred of curing Japanese on rice diet. I can't find more info on it so instead of lurking around I created an account to see if someone can help me out with these questions.  :)

I chose these supplements because they are best absorbed and I have mutations that reduce absorption amongst other things. Any insight and recommendations?

#2 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:06 PM

What is the dosage for methylfolate for those with MTHF mutation (normal folate dosage is 400mcg) and how would you compare benfotiamine and sulbutiamine?

At 1.2 mg one wont mention any difference between ordinary thiamine, benfotiamine or sulbutiamine. Since that is an amount where only the worst deficiency is prevented. At higher pharmacological doses of thiamine only a tiny part is absorbed, while benfotiamine and sulbutiamine will be almost completely absorbed.

For mutations (it's usually a combination, not just MTHF) the needs for Methylfolate can be highly individual. A dose which works for one might not work for another. Only testing out (homocysteine) can show.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Guest_supplementer_*

• Topic Starter
  • Lurker

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:43 PM

At 1.2 mg one wont mention any difference between ordinary thiamine, benfotiamine or sulbutiamine. Since that is an amount where only the worst deficiency is prevented. At higher pharmacological doses of thiamine only a tiny part is absorbed, while benfotiamine and sulbutiamine will be almost completely absorbed.

For mutations (it's usually a combination, not just MTHF) the needs for Methylfolate can be highly individual. A dose which works for one might not work for another. Only testing out (homocysteine) can show.

So what are the pharmacological uses? I know that I have plenty of mutations that make absorption more difficult, my digestive system isn't very good in the first place, and my gut bacteria is probably rampant. I can't eat fermented foods because of possible Tyrosine toxicity because I take MAOI because I have very low dopamine, serotonin and GABA levels, so I can't really improve my gut microbiota. Before I started on MAOI, I ate a lot of fermented foods for a couple of weeks because I didn't want to throw it away, but I'm not sure if that would've improved my microbiota enough.

Unfortunately I cannot do tests because they cost my month's food budget (very costly where I live) and my insurance doesn't cover it.

I'm just looking to have healthy levels of micronutrients in my system and I'm not entirely sure what exactly I should do... So I will take any advice here. :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:07 PM

I'm just looking to have healthy levels of micronutrients in my system and I'm not entirely sure what exactly I should do... So I will take any advice here. :)

Take a look here: https://www.longecit...-mineral-stack/

So what are the pharmacological uses?

https://examine.com/...s/benfotiamine/

https://examine.com/...s/sulbutiamine/

I know that I have plenty of mutations that make absorption more difficult, my digestive system isn't very good in the first place, and my gut bacteria is probably rampant. I can't eat fermented foods because of possible Tyrosine toxicity because I take MAOI because I have very low dopamine, serotonin and GABA levels, so I can't really improve my gut microbiota. Before I started on MAOI, I ate a lot of fermented foods for a couple of weeks because I didn't want to throw it away, but I'm not sure if that would've improved my microbiota enough.

Unfortunately I cannot do tests because they cost my month's food budget (very costly where I live) and my insurance doesn't cover it.

Some betain-hcl helps with absorption of nutrients. How comes you know so much particulars, like your levels of dopamine, serotonin and GABA (just 3 of many neurotransmitters, many still unknown) without having the money to test?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sulbutiamine, benfotiamine, methylfolate, mthf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users