- - - - -

Heavy afternoon fatigue / exhaustion

afternoon fatigue exhaustion

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Galaxyshock

• 1,462 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

Around 3-6 pm I experience bad fatigue that basically makes me unable to do anything useful, I usually just lay on the couch, watching TV unable to focus, or something. The fatigue has been there for several years, I think sometimes becoming less prominent and usually getting worse in the winter time when it's dark. Just wonder if there's something to actually remove it. It does not correlate with anything like caffeine crash or eating habits, only the timing is what seems to be the same. After 6 pm it wears off and I feel normal.

I've used various things to help decrease it but nothing has actually removed it. ALCAR seemed to help a bit but could have been placebo. Adaptogens may help some but the fatigue is still there, and I've tried pretty much all adaptogens. OTC stimulants caffeine, DMHA, don't help I just feel wired and tired then. My general blood test values are normal except LDL cholesterol a bit above range.

#2 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:11 PM

Methylphenidate helps, but of course, getting a prescription is pretty hard. I'm having the same issue around 15.30-18.30 and only thing that helps is exercise and/or mph, nothing else.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:08 PM

I guess stronger stimulants are worth considering, hard to get methylphenidate here but I'm thinking modafinil or one of its analogs might help.

#4 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:20 PM

Maybe you have bad memories that happened at that time of day. Try to remember those for example with EMDR and get over them.

This is pure speculation of course.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#5 Meggo

• 93 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:08 AM

Try eating only once a day. Either morning or late afternoon.

#6 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:50 AM

Maybe you have bad memories that happened at that time of day. Try to remember those for example with EMDR and get over them.

This is pure speculation of course.

Acute Phenibut withdrawal 6 years ago, escalated at 3-4 pm and I went to lay on bed. Maybe there's some fear-memory that still incapacitates me.

Try eating only once a day. Either morning or late afternoon.

Did this for about a week recently, no difference except lost some weight and felt lighter.

#7 dojob

• 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:47 AM

i did ketosis a few times. with ketosis i have energy all day with no dips(blood sugar fluctuations). 

I recommend digging into that. I do not recommend it if you have something like burnout or trouble with serotonin since you need the carbs then.

#8 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:21 PM

Is taking coconut oil enough to see if it would help as it produces ketones even in the presence of carbs?

Nicotine patch seems to help quite well. I still feel a bit tired but not exhausted or too hazy.

#9 dojob

• 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:15 PM

Hi,

Sorry late reply. I don't think that will put you into ketosis where your brain is using them since carbs are the body's preferred energy source.

It might take a few days to get into ketosis the first few times. In a later stage(prolonged ketosis)taking coconut oil with few carbs it might work.

#10 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:59 PM

Galaxyshock, what's your exercise routine?

#11 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:19 AM

I lift weights usually 4 times a week and do some light cardio (walking/jogging) here and there.

I ordered some Fladrafinil to see if it helps.

#12 Nuke

• 125 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:33 AM

I had exactly the same for years, for me the strangest part was that its stops at around 6-7pm and then I was fine. What seems to work very well for me is Ubiquinol(100mg) and PQQ (10mg/d or 20mg EOD). More may even be better, but they are pretty expensive. After having not taken it for a while the fatigue comes back and stops within a few days of taking CoQ10 and PQQ again. ALA may also help, have not tried it yet. ALCAR I'm also taking now, but I have not tested it on its own.

I have not yet found a real cause, though I have a feeling hormones may play a role.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 May 2022 - 10:26 PM

So stupid to overload your brain with toxic drug induced dopamine as the answear to your issue instead of considering the essential nutrients first. You read dopamine makes you motivated and now thats your answer for everything. its probably just you and a combo of defiency in protein and b vitamins.

Edited by kurdishfella, 10 May 2022 - 10:28 PM.

• dislike x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: afternoon, fatigue, exhaustion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users