• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

New Google AI Can Have Real Life Conversations With Strangers

google real life

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 theone

• Life Member
  • 167 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:02 PM

At its 2018 I/O developer conference, Google showed off some updates coming to Google Home and Assistant. One feature — Google Duplex — can make phone calls for you and talk to the person on the other end to schedule appointments and make reservations. Google says the feature will roll out as an experiment over the coming weeks.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:24 PM

AI is moving too fast, I think. Most people of the world are unaware of the consequences of AI, even narrow AI.

I am a huge fan of progress, but I am wary of Google, Facebook, Amazon, Baidu, various governments "racing" to acheive AI dominance. To what end? 

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:05 AM

Maybe their useless gimmick should call Calico and ask what's going on with all of their billions and all of their hard working human longevity pioneers?
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 theone

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 167 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:55 AM

I am a huge fan of progress, but I am wary of Google, Facebook, Amazon, Baidu, various governments "racing" to acheive AI dominance. To what end? 

I share your concern about this.  That being said, note that AI technology will not be contained by a corporation, pulpit or commission. AI tech will spread like wildfire among the closely knit group of  AI scientist and engineers.

AI is the best hope we have to reach escape velocity.

• Cheerful x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: google, real life

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users