• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

IF support supplement stack - comments and improvements?

supplements intermittent fasting fat loss

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nightfall

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:27 AM

Hi all,

I recently jumped back onto the intermittent fasting bandwagon, for the health benefits and in order to help lean out a bit more. Skipping one meal completely also kinda saves time and makes my day a little less complicated. I do a 16/8 kinda deal, and I implement the fasting period by skipping breakfast and not eating before noon. I'm using a few supplements in the morning, which are supposed to be general purpose supplementation for physical and cognitive function, but also supposed to work specifically in synergy with the fasting, e.g. to help with fat burning and energy substrate mobilization. This is what my modest stack look like at the moment

- 200 mg caffeine
- 300 mg alpha-lipoic acid
- 500 mg choline bitartrate
- 500 mg acetyl-L-carnitine

The caffeine is mostly in there because I don't drink coffee (albeit I now try to make it a habbit to drink green/matcha every now and then when at work). I might also sometimes use a "thermogenic" supplement with some green tea extract and other components, instead of pure caffeine, in its place. Also, at the moment I'm throwing in some Yohimbe supplement (1000 mg) on top of the regular stuff. It's not Yohimbine HCl, mind you, since I cannot freely buy that here in Germany. So, I doubt it does much, and cannot really say I feel any effects from it. I also have some Q10 supplement around the house, which I could throw in there. Not sure whether it makes much sense at time of my day (i.e. without food), or whether I should reserve it for my pre-workout supplementation.

Thanks in advance for any helpful input!

#2 Blueflash

• 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:19 PM

I'd be careful with the yohimbine and caffeine. The yohimbine alone is enough to get my heart racing, and others have had the same happen to them.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplements, intermittent fasting, fat loss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users