• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Anxiety, irritability and then delayed caffeine/guarana stimulation/euphoria...

irritability caffeine stimulation euphoria anxiety energy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Grandmaster

• 217 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:48 PM

So i discontinued driking coffee,energy drinks and taking caffeine pills over 6 months ago. Now i dose only guarana extract tablets 1 daily with caffeine - 500mg of guarana per pill with 100mg of caffeine and i use sometimes pure guarana powder(like 50mg caffeine per 1g and i take 2-3 grams daily) and i experience effects mentioned in topic title - so  usually i dose guarana/caffeine at like 15:16:00 (i often stack it with magnesimum citrate, zinc and vitamin C large doses - this stack slightly removes anxiety) and depening on the dose i feel anxiety, irritiability for a first hour after dosing it and it slowly turns into a pure stimulation, goood mood and sometimes nearly euphoria after 4-6 hours so usually i feel it around 22:00. When i drunk coffee/energy drinks anxiety was waay stronger but those deleyed effects were similar.

I know that there are three active metabolites of Caffeine(1,3,7-Trimethylxanthine);

84% Paraxanthine(1,7-Dimethylxanthine)

12% Theobromine(3,7-Dimethylxanthine)

4% Theophylline(1,3-Dimethylxanthine)

I have a theory that i feel effects of one of those metabolites with long half life after caffeine loses its effects. But im not sure since theobromine in cacao seems to make me bit sleepy and it doesnt feel that good.,

What can cause this strange effect in my case? How can i remove  all those side effects and have only positive ones? I would love to just get those delayed effects just after dosing it without all anxiety and other side effects...

I may have slight histamine intolerance but its not confirmed so i would not take that as a main reason.

#2 YOLF

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

When I first encountered guarana, I had or thought I had some problems with it that might line up with what you have. I can't recall what it was exactly that caused it, but it was either a food intolerance (chemical food additive), or it was a food allergy that I had at the time. 

Previously it would give me cramps, anxiety, fever(or maybe it was just toxic thermogenesis), and a type of toxicity based irritability. 

When I take guarana now, it's no different than weak coffee as far as stimulation goes. I use it periodically when I need a boost later in the day that won't keep me from sleeping.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:39 PM

When I first encountered guarana, I had or thought I had some problems with it that might line up with what you have. I can't recall what it was exactly that caused it, but it was either a food intolerance (chemical food additive), or it was a food allergy that I had at the time. 

Previously it would give me cramps, anxiety, fever(or maybe it was just toxic thermogenesis), and a type of toxicity based irritability. 

When I take guarana now, it's no different than weak coffee as far as stimulation goes. I use it periodically when I need a boost later in the day that won't keep me from sleeping.

Can you please check or recall what this problem exactly was?

#4 YOLF

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:09 PM

I had these symptoms and had initially found it to be the guarana, but after discovering I had several undiagnosed allergies, food intolerances (red 40, yellow 5, yellow 6), and that I was a celiac, some of things that I had previously stayed away from for the complications they caused to the unknown conditions no longer affected me. So it was reasonable to assume at this point that that guarana would no longer be harmful, so I tried it again and didn't have any side effects.

I can't tell you which one it was, I just eliminated the root causes of my health problems no matter how small and the rest vanished rapidly. I'm now on to rejuvenation and sustainable solutions to these problems and I'm not in a position to take a step backwards and return to that particular type of suffering. Red and Yellow dyes basically cause a serious disease that healthcare providers weren't able to identify and I wouldn't risk succumbing to it again. I'm very lucky to have escaped it before it became permanent OR properly diagnosed :)

If you've had 23andMe done, I'll take a look at your raw data and see if I can't get you some better leads. I really haven't been keeping up with my commitments here as of late though, so it could take a while.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#5 TerraMessorem

• 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 05:01 PM

i highly doubt caffiene is helping you in any way, in terms of anxiety and fatigue. its most likely the other componenets of guarana, the non stimulating flavones or other chemicals in the guarana, not the caffiene.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: irritability, caffeine, stimulation, euphoria, anxiety, energy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users