• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Pro-oxidant supplements or lipid sources for speeding up weight loss?

weight loss

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 YOLF

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:56 AM

I'm wondering why this hasn't been done as a supplement yet. So many antioxidants slow the rate of lipid degradation at alot of endpoints, but they have benefits that we want, so what do we balance them off with? Certainly they should be as common? Is there anything that has lots of data?

#2 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

The number one key to fat loss boils down to calories in vs calories out. The manipulation of insulin will also help speed up fat loss. Glucose disposal agents will help but clearly following a low carb diet is necessary. From all the clients I’ve trained I found they don’t really speed up fat loss from the types of fat they take. Total caloric intake is more important but obviously adding healthy fats will help your body perform better which in turn will help you lose weight. L-Carnitine tartrate is best for fat loss but ALCAR is best for antioxidant support. I like a combo of Carnitine tartrate, alcar and gplc with 6-Paradol and GBB. I like fats from MCT, ghee, unrefined virgin coconut oil, red palm, omegas, almonds, macadamia, and avocado.

Edited by John250, 07 June 2018 - 05:06 PM.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:47 PM

What I'm getting at is that I'm one of those people who don't burn off fat well and I need something to even the playing field. I can work out two hours a day and lose weight, but if I work out less, I might not. So I've been looking for things that will help me burn fat better. 

Actually, I'll add that I've tried these fats, and while they're great for complexion in people who are good at burning fat, they actually make me gain fat, even if I'm working out. I started taking Fish Oil Omega 3s, the good stuff, and I was putting on fat in areas I wanted to burn it from. Weight wise, it negated working out and calorie restriction. 

The almonds have anti nutrients oslt if I understand right, and those will actually help me lose weight. I've basically stopped taking most antioxidants with the exception of resveratrol (powdered form), and some other things.

I've also been looking at Carnitine. I have pure ALCAR powder that I purchased some time ago. I have something like a kg, maybe two? I'm wondering if the mitochondrial ROS that's generated by high levels of this stuff without alpha lipoic acid or other mitochondrial antiox's will help burn fat. I'm going back to my early research into life extension and I'm remembering that doses of ALCAR over 1g were the mitochondrial ROS trigger. So do you think it will be worth it take the ALCAR for weight loss during workouts to capitalize on the additional ROS that's produced?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:11 AM

Have you had your thyroid checked? Not just a basic thyroid panel but include Tsh, T3,T4,free T3, free T4,T7, reverse T3,etc...

An uncoupler could help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weight loss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users