* * * * * 1 votes

New Keto Bar. Please give feedback

ketogenic keto lowcarb

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kris111

• 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:36 AM

Hello everyone.  I just joined LongeCity and first time posting here. 

I have started formulating a keto-friendly nutrition bar, and was wondering if I could receive your feedback.

I had originally posted a previous iteration on Reddit.  The macros were liked and approved by some people in the comments. But....the taste turned out to be horrible!

So now 50+ iterations later, I may have something that tastes decent. Had to slightly adjust the macros. It may not be the most ideal ratio. But this is the best I could do with only natural ingredients and keeping the bar together. Without getting it crumbly or too oily in a wrapper.

Wondering if you would be kind enough to give me your feedback. The nutrition profile is below. Do you think this is keto friendly? What do you think I am missing or need to correct on? Your inputs would be greatly appreciated!

Not trying to plug anything. Therefore, no name of my bar or the website. But when the bars are ready, I would be happy to send complimentary samples to anyone who is interested in this thread and if the moderators allow it.

Calories 250

Calories from Fats 160

Total Fat 18g 28% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Trans Fat 0g

Cholesterol 15mg 4%

Sodium 115mg 5%

Total Carbohydrate 16g 5%

Dietary Fiber 8g 31%

Sugars 2g

Sugar Alcohol (Erythritol) 4g

(NET CARBS: CARBS - FIBER - ERYTHRITOL = 4g)

Protein 12g 24%

Vitamin A 0%•Vitamin C 2% Calcium 10%•Iron 10%

Edited by Krish, 07 June 2018 - 01:38 AM.

#2 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:58 PM

Well it only has 4 net carbs so I’d say it’s fine. Technically Keto is 20 or less net carbs, 20% protein and the rest of your cals from fat. I’m not so sure that 20 net carbs is it dead set number as someone who weight trains and exercises would differ from someone who doesn’t though.
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:21 PM

What do you think I am missing or need to correct on? Your inputs would be greatly appreciated!

Personally would not buy industrially made prepacked foods. Except 85% cocoa chocolate. There are just too many natural healthy organic grown real foods without preservatives.

But don't know. Maybe mentioning a complete ingredients list and how it was manufactured would sway me otherwise?

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#4 Kris111

• Topic Starter
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:07 PM

Personally would not buy industrially made prepacked foods. Except 85% cocoa chocolate. There are just too many natural healthy organic grown real foods without preservatives.

But don't know. Maybe mentioning a complete ingredients list and how it was manufactured would sway me otherwise?

I hear ya.  One of the main motivation was to avoid or reduce heavily processed stuff.  The bar is all natural.  Can't divulge the exact recipe yet but I can share the main ingredients: Almond butter, MCT oil (from coconuts), 100% cacao nibs and cacao butter, grassfed whey.  No artificial chemicals, no sucralose, no soy, GMO-free, and Gluten free.

Edited by Krish, 07 June 2018 - 06:16 PM.

• like x 1

#5 Kris111

• Topic Starter
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:19 PM

Well it only has 4 net carbs so I’d say it’s fine. Technically Keto is 20 or less net carbs, 20% protein and the rest of your cals from fat. I’m not so sure that 20 net carbs is it dead set number as someone who weight trains and exercises would differ from someone who doesn’t though.

Thank you.  I agree on net carbs comment, generally speaking.  After being two years on keto lifestyle, my experience is this.  When I am going into ketosis for the first time or after a long break, I need the carbs consumption pretty low: 0 to roughly 20g net carbs.  But once I am keto-adapted, or going back to keto after a short break, I can consume few more carbs.  Of course, it varies based on unique biochemistry.

• Good Point x 1

#6 joelcairo

• 586 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:48 PM

Good project. I would definitely have tried this bar when I was on Atkins. Even though I've been off for a few months, I'm still trying to eat low carbs. It's so disappointing that almost the only nutrition bars in this category are the Atkins bars, the others being protein & carbohydrate bombs.

• like x 1

#7 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:41 AM

joelcairo, at least until Krish shows how good hers are :)  You might want to try the Bulletproof bars vanilla 8 net carbs, 14 grams fat and 12 grams protein. Been a couple years for me, as they tasted too good. I also was not interested in cashews. Expensive at around $3 each.

#8 Kris111

• Topic Starter
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:31 PM

Good project. I would definitely have tried this bar when I was on Atkins. Even though I've been off for a few months, I'm still trying to eat low carbs. It's so disappointing that almost the only nutrition bars in this category are the Atkins bars, the others being protein & carbohydrate bombs.

I know what you mean by protein & carb bombs.  You are gonna like what I am coming up with :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ketogenic, keto, lowcarb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users