bromantane Log

bromantane

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:12 PM

Got 10g bromantane from centropic. This morning around 8 am I took 25mg. It’s been 5hrs and I’ve felt nothing so I just took another 25mg a half hour ago. I’ll stick with that for the day and tomorrow I’ll try 50mg in the morning.

#2 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:30 PM

50mg at 9am. 5 hrs later still feel nothing. Tomorrow morning I’ll try 100 mg

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:15 PM

100mg this morning. 5hrs later. Still nothing. Ughhh

#4 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

It takes time to kick in if used orally but if you use it sublingually you'll feel it fast. Don't go above 50mg subl though, it'll make you sleepy since it's more than 200 mg oral equivalent.

#5 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:04 PM

It takes time to kick in if used orally but if you use it sublingually you'll feel it fast. Don't go above 50mg subl though, it'll make you sleepy since it's more than 200 mg oral equivalent.

I’ve done sublingual every time. There’s no way it’s more than 400% bioavailable sublingual vs oral but I haven’t seen a study. Tried 150mg about 90min ago. Some articles say dosage is 50-100mg but athletes may need more which is a stupid assumption. Athletes need more protein and that’s about it. A drug is a drug so those articles make no sense. Seems like 200mg is a pretty common dose as well.

#6 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:38 PM

Something odd I’ve noticed since I first started Bromantane is I’ve had nightmares every night since I started which I never have. I always sleep deep and remember all my dreams which are usually positive or of no importance but the past 3-4 days I’ve been on Bromantane(only taken in the morning) I’ve had nightmare like negative dreams. Any ideas?

#7 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:31 PM

There is a Russian study showing that 50mg sublingual was more like 100-200mg oral, it was linked on /r/Nootropics but I can't find it. Anyway, Bromantane is super subtle stuff. The only thing I notice after a couple months is increased work capacity in the gym and less inflammation in general.

#8 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:52 PM

There is a Russian study showing that 50mg sublingual was more like 100-200mg oral, it was linked on /r/Nootropics but I can't find it. Anyway, Bromantane is super subtle stuff. The only thing I notice after a couple months is increased work capacity in the gym and less inflammation in general.

I didn’t realize that. I thought it was a more immediate energy booster. I’ll give it a shot for another week and then when my 9-me-bc arrives I’ll try that next.

#9 psych0therapist

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:41 AM

I didn’t realize that. I thought it was a more immediate energy booster. I’ll give it a shot for another week and then when my 9-me-bc arrives I’ll try that next.

Any updates? I tried Bromantane but it just made me tired, irritable, and depressed. I only gave it a go for 2 days and then gave up as I can't afford lost time like that right now. 

#10 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:23 AM

Any updates? I tried Bromantane but it just made me tired, irritable, and depressed. I only gave it a go for 2 days and then gave up as I can't afford lost time like that right now.

I’m going to try it again but actually later on in the day a few hours after my last dose of Adderall to help up regulate dopamine To see if my tolerance the following day improves

#11 psych0therapist

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:51 AM

Awesome, best of luck dude. It was suggested to me to take it with a Choline source after I shared my negative response on r/nootropics, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet as I can’t afford a couple down days productivity wise right now. It might be worth a shot in your case though

#12 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:01 PM

Awesome, best of luck dude. It was suggested to me to take it with a Choline source after I shared my negative response on r/nootropics, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet as I can’t afford a couple down days productivity wise right now. It might be worth a shot in your case though

I took a low dose(35mg) yesterday at around 6pm. Felt nothing and slept normal but I’ve been very fatigued all day today. Not 100% sure yet if that was the culprit but I have heard of some people getting fatigued from Bromantane.

#13 psych0therapist

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:20 PM

I definitely got fatigued, it wasn't pleasant. I was generally lethargic and irritable during and for a few days after. Like I mentioned above though, I was told to take it with a choline source after sharing my experience; someone else felt the same way with the compound until they took it with choline. 

#14 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:36 PM

I definitely got fatigued, it wasn't pleasant. I was generally lethargic and irritable during and for a few days after. Like I mentioned above though, I was told to take it with a choline source after sharing my experience; someone else felt the same way with the compound until they took it with choline.

I take 250mg CDP Choline and 150mg Alpha GPC daily.

Edited by John250, 27 September 2018 - 10:36 PM.

#15 psych0therapist

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 September 2018 - 01:22 AM

That's a shame it's not working for you. Have you thought of trying Bemitil? I have no experience with it but it was something that I came across quite often when researching Bromantane. They are both actoprotectors, here's an article with more info if you're interested: 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3762282/

#16 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:23 AM

That's a shame it's not working for you. Have you thought of trying Bemitil? I have no experience with it but it was something that I came across quite often when researching Bromantane. They are both actoprotectors, here's an article with more info if you're interested:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3762282/

Never heard of it but it seems interesting. Not too much research about it unfortunately. Can’t find a single article talking about what neurotransmitters it affects.

#17 psych0therapist

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:43 AM

Taking it would definitely seem a bit more cavalier, but then again, some people would think that of Bromantane  ;)

#18 psych0therapist

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2020 - 03:19 PM

I thought I’d give Bromantane another trial as I’m now taking prescription d-amph am experiencing some tolerance, and was thinking that Bromantane’s effect on Tyrosine Hydroxylase could help either boost the d-amph, mitigate tolerance, or both.

Day 1: 50mg Bromantane taken sublingually at 9am (Other Rx medications include: d-amph, gabapentiod, opioid, z-drug, binder). By 12pm, distinct feeling of both energy and fatigue, more tired than stimulated relative to the past few days with only the medication above, no Bromantane.

Day 2: post to follow tomorrow.

Note: apprehensive about continuing due to similar responses to Bromantane as those in my posts above, 2 years ago. Similar responses under different circumstances and with different medications (the only common denominator is the z-drug, which I was taking 2 years ago) makes me wonder whether my chemistry just doesn’t agree with this compound.

#19 nootsnow

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 November 2020 - 07:29 PM

Hi, I'm trying to get hold of Bromantane but just find Bromantane ACA, someone who knows what the differences are?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#20 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2021 - 06:34 PM

If you already have normal activity of the enzyme that converts/produces dopamine then taking bromantane will decrease the activity because of too much activation long term. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bromantane

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users