- - - - -

Question about giving supplements to pets

pets supplements

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aaaaaaal

• 94 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:06 PM

Is it ok to mix them in with their food or should you try to give them on an empty stomach? 

Thanks

#2 aaaaaaal

• Topic Starter
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:12 PM

Currently I give my dog 500mg of Curcumin and Resveratrol per day mixed in with 800g of wet food. Would it make any difference if I gave them with less food?

Thanks

Edited by jplempka, 10 June 2018 - 04:14 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Oakman

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:56 PM

Are we talking mini poodle or great dane, IOW can you provide more particulars and rationale for supplementing?

#4 aaaaaaal

• Topic Starter
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:23 AM

Are we talking mini poodle or great dane, IOW can you provide more particulars and rationale for supplementing?

Mostly for mobility and energy purposes.

Would it make any difference if I give him the supplements with a bit of ham 1 hour before eating or would the effects be the same if I give them mixed in with his wet food?

Thanks

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Oakman

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:30 PM

With curcumin absorption depends on the formulation and to some degree on the amt of food taken with it.  There's liposomal, straight curcumin, those with piperine, protein attached, and other high absorption types and you don't say what you have. I think your idea of 1 hr before food with a bit of something is good, unless it upset their stomach, then with food. Just go for it and see what works, but start with less than you have given with food.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users