Extremely low Pregnenolone!

pregnenolone

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:15 PM

I’ve gotten pretty much every hormone test you could think of but completely forgot about Pregnenolone. I’m on testosterone replacement therapy and my doctor usually tests all my hormones including progesterone but somehow negated pregnenolone. So I ordered the test and just got my results back and wow!

Pregnenolone LC/MS <5 range 22-237

Now I have to look up all the symptoms of low Pregnenolone. I’ve got a bottle of Douglas Labs Pregnenolone I’ll start ASAP. What’s the recommended dosage? Anyone ever have low levels and supplement with it? If so what were the benefits?

Thanks
  • like x 1

#2 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:02 PM

I wonder if your low pregnenolone is an artifact of your TRT?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:16 PM

I wonder if your low pregnenolone is an artifact of your TRT?

TRT can definitely lower it up to 80%. I incorporate hcg at 250iu 3x/wk which is supposedly supposed to help regulate progesterone, dhea and pregnenolone. My dhea blood levels are in normal range in urine value is slightly above normal range. Progesterone was also a normal range when I got it checked a few years ago. I took 5mg pregnenolone from Douglas laboratories a few hours ago. Chewed up the pill and took it sublingual. I have an appointment in two weeks with my endocrinologist I’m sure I’ll need much more Pregnenolone since dosages average 50-200mg/day. I ordered some transdermal pregnenolone 15mg from life-flo which is the same company I use for transdermal DHEA 30 mg per day. I had a four-part saliva cortisol test done about a year ago and everything was pretty normal. I wonder if my low Pregnenolone is why exhibit so many symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome. Hopefully this is my fix.

Also I just ordered a saliva sleep test kit from thorne To test court is all again as well as melatonin levels.

Edited by John250, 12 June 2018 - 09:21 PM.

#4 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:22 AM

Update:
I was looking through some old lab work and I noticed in May 2017 I had pregnenolone testedand it was normal
26 range 13-208 nd/dL

Back in 2015 my progesterone was about 4x the range but I was on steroids back then which increase it.

So this is all of that within only one year my pregnenolone went from 26 to <5. My TRT regimen has been the exact same so I’m puzzled.

Going to get a progesterone test done this week as well.

#5 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:53 PM

Did you start supplementing with pregenelone?

#6 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:55 PM

Did you start supplementing with pregenelone?

Yes 30mg transdermal for a few months no. Don’t feel any difference but getting blood work soon.

#7 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:56 AM

That's unfortunate.  I wonder if it's a dosage thing.  I don't get why there's such a variance in dosing.  30mg - 200+mg?  

#8 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:10 AM

That's unfortunate. I wonder if it's a dosage thing. I don't get why there's such a variance in dosing. 30mg - 200+mg?

I know it’s odd. Curious to see my bloodwork.

#9 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:39 AM

I'm post menopausal. My pregnenolone levels are about the same. Too low even for a menopausal woman.

#10 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:25 AM

ceridwen: Do you supplement?  If so, whats the dosage and is there any consideration towards raising it?

#11 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:20 PM

My wife(33yrs old) is on hormone replacement therapy and takes prescribed progesterone 2.5-3weeks out of the month(I think when she’s “not” on her period) and progesterone will increase pregnenolone.

#12 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:51 PM

Does it help her?  What is it prescribed for?

#13 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:57 PM

Does it help her? What is it prescribed for?

Her thyroid and testosterone levels were low so the doctor recommended woman replacement therapy. She takes transdermal testosterone, hgh, progesterone, Naturethroid, DIM and iodine. It’s all helped can’t narrow down progesterone though. She feels horrible when she’s on her. So she’s going to switch birth control from the IUD to hormone based as she responds better to that.

#14 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:03 PM

Similar to your wife on . I may inquire more about this later. Considering trying the preg now as I’m exhausted again.

#15 triguy

• 79 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:36 AM

get your bloodwork back?

#16 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:57 AM

I just ordered some Natural Life-Flo transdermal Progesterone cream for men(10mg/day) to compliment their 15mg transdermal Natural pregnenolone and 30mg transdermal DHEA.

#17 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:54 AM

How is the transdermal going for you?  Any relief?  I stopped supplementing with it because of an adverse reaction to something which I couldn't figure out so eliminated most everything and started adding back in.  Found the culprits, and it wasn't pregenelone.  I'll have more insight into it once I can get some regularity with it (a couple times a week @ 50mg, capsulized).  If you have success with transdermal dosing, I'd be interested in trying that as malabsorption and digestive issues are annoying to deal with.   I still rarely sleep and am still exhausted most of the time.  Hope all is well.   :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#18 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:59 AM

How is the transdermal going for you? Any relief? I stopped supplementing with it because of an adverse reaction to something which I couldn't figure out so eliminated most everything and started adding back in. Found the culprits, and it wasn't pregenelone. I'll have more insight into it once I can get some regularity with it (a couple times a week @ 50mg, capsulized). If you have success with transdermal dosing, I'd be interested in trying that as malabsorption and digestive issues are annoying to deal with. I still rarely sleep and am still exhausted most of the time. Hope all is well. :)

I’ve been too lazy to get blood work but I just ordered transdermal Progesterone to help with the conversion process so I’ll give that a go for a month and then get labs. Thanks hope all is well with you also.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pregnenolone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users