• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Alert! New bill SITSA just passed the House will ban research chemicals, nootropics, brain supplements, kratom!

law

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

https://old.reddit.c...dalert_towards/

"“6)Schedule A (A)In general The drug or substance—

(i)has—

(I)a chemical structure that is substantially similar to the chemical structure of a controlled substance in schedule I, II, III, IV, or V; and

(II)an actual or predicted stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system that is substantially similar to or greater than the stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system of a controlled substance in schedule I, II, III, IV, or V"

So anything that is stimulating, relaxing, or possibly psychoactive that works can be made into a schedule drug within 30 days without the normal procedures for drug scheduling that usually involves the FDA and Department of Health and Human Services,. This covers pretty much all brain supplements, nootropics, and research chemicals. With this we will never see a new brain supplement and nearly all can be removed with a whim.

Here's the full bill. https://www.govtrack...115/hr2851/text

To anyone who values their legal right to access research chemicals, nootropics, brain supplements, kratom, CBD, this is the time to do something. It just cleared the house and the senate is up next after that there is no stopping it.

• Ill informed x 1

#2 Ruth

• 114 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:44 PM

Organize!

Anyone who has experience with being a lawyer and has a background in biology please stand up.

#3 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:29 AM

my take:

1.voting for certain political party has some unintended consequences

2. nothing surprises me in this country anymore

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 BioHacker=Life

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:47 AM

Here's a petition on change.org

https://www.change.o...p-the-sitsa-act

#5 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:08 AM

This bill isn't likely to succeed especially with the value of the nootropics market increasing everyday. At a minimum if this bill does pass the FDA will gain a vast amount of power and influence, to say the least.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#6 BioHacker=Life

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:11 AM

This bill isn't likely to succeed especially with the value of the nootropics market increasing everyday. At a minimum if this bill does pass the FDA will gain a vast amount of power and influence, to say the least.

It just passed the house and it's going to pass the senate. I don't think anyone cares about the nootropic market. This bill does nothing for the FDA.

• Agree x 1

#7 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:48 PM

Here's a petition on change.org

https://www.change.o...p-the-sitsa-act

The way the petition is worded, I will not sign with my own name. I don't care about Kratom or any opiates or Donal Trump. I thought it was of a more general cause.

Edited by jack black, 18 June 2018 - 05:03 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • Agree x 1

#8 BioHacker=Life

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:55 PM

The way the petition is worded, I will not sign with my own name. I don't care about Kratom or any opiates or Donal Trump. I thought it was of a more general cause.

Who said you have to use your own name?

It just shows you oppose this bill which will destroy the rc, kratom, nootropics, and brain supplement market.

• Well Written x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#9 12 String

• 58 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:16 PM

my take:

1.voting for certain political party has some unintended consequences

2. nothing surprises me in this country anymore

Good point. Also, "not voting"  has some unintended consequences. There's an election coming up in November. All Representatives in Congress and many Senators will be subject to how you vote.

They will all be very happy if you don't vote at all.

• Agree x 1

#10 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:35 PM

Good point. Also, "not voting"  has some unintended consequences. There's an election coming up in November. All Representatives in Congress and many Senators will be subject to how you vote.

They will all be very happy if you don't vote at all.

exactly, it's my intention to vote myself as well as all my family members against all siting representatives. Longecity activists should send a strongly worded letter to all current politicians explaining that they are mobilizing their members to do the same. Unfortunately, i'm not a Longevity activist. writing a petition to Mr Trump with a few hundreds of signatures is a laughable proposition IMHO.

• like x 1

#11 12 String

• 58 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:41 PM

exactly, it's my intention to vote myself as well as all my family members against all siting representatives. Longecity activists should send a strongly worded letter to all current politicians explaining that they are mobilizing their members to do the same. Unfortunately, i'm not a Longevity activist. writing a petition to Mr Trump with a few hundreds of signatures is a laughable proposition IMHO.

You can't vote 'against' a candidate. Good that you're voting. Please be sure that the person you do vote for is better than the sitting representative. 

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: law

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users