- - - - -

Add "References Please" to the rating system

references

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 YOLF

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:36 PM

I was about to post this somewhere:

I love all of the ostriches with their "Pubs or it didn't happen" attitude. It really doesn't need to be spelled out in a paper to be true and the best information doesn't always come from what a single paper says, but from what 20 assume, don't say, or otherwise and if you want an explanation, you're asking for alot of time and you should be more respectful. I'm ignoring this topic until the negative ratings go away.

Then I realized that "needs references" is on the wrong side of scale. If someone wants references, they should be asking nicely as they are asking someone to spend their time teaching them something they didn't feel a need to explain in the first place, so we need to add a "References Please" option on the positive side and/or remove the "needs references" rating. I would definitely feel more encouraged to explain myself if there were a bunch of "references please" ratings. Someone else might even decide to get to it first under these conditions for the the "well written" that would come their way if this was the way of things.

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: references

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users