• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Erythritol Is More Effective Than Xylitol and Sorbitol in Managing Oral Health Endpoints

xylitol erythritol dental health

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 shp5

• 219 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

We can get it at a similar price in some supermarkets in Austria. Will start a xylitol-like protocol (3 parts Erythritol 1 part Arginine some clove powder for taste. melt in your mouth, 5 doses a day.)

Erythritol Is More Effective Than Xylitol and Sorbitol in Managing Oral Health Endpoints (Full Text)

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5011233/

#2 Oakman

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:28 PM

Yep, my newest favorite is Monkfruit Sweetener, consisting of Erythritol and Monk Fruit Extract. Taste exactly like sugar but with zero calories. I knew there was more reasons to love it!

Edited by Oakman, 28 June 2018 - 07:29 PM.

#3 kench

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2018 - 02:35 AM

I've recently given up Xylitol gum because of SIBO; I will now try to find an Erythritol chewing gum for oral health.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 StanG

• 71 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:17 PM

Erythritol absolutely doesn't taste exactly like sugar. Sugar is much sweeter. I take Erythritol and add 1/3rd packet of splenda to get the sweet taste.

#5 StanG

• 71 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:32 PM

I forgot to add this

Erythritol appears to be quite different from the other sugar alcohols.

To begin with, it contains much fewer calories:

• Table sugar: 4 calories per gram
  • Xylitol: 2.4 calories per gram
  • Erythritol: 0.24 calories per gram

With only 6% of the calories of sugar, it still contains 70% of the sweetness.

#6 Oakman

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:08 PM

Erythritol absolutely doesn't taste exactly like sugar. Sugar is much sweeter. I take Erythritol and add 1/3rd packet of splenda to get the sweet taste.

You might want to reconsider Splenda...

https://jstevens.wor...s-splenda-made/

I wanted to comment on Splenda.  Splenda, also known as sucralose, was created accidentally when some chemists were trying to produce an insecticide.  Here is the process by which they produce the formula sold in stores:

“1.  Sucrose is tritylated with trityl chloride in the presence of dimethylformamide and 4-methylmorpholine, and the tritylated sucrose is then acetylated with acetic anhydride.

2.  The resulting sucrose molecule TRISPA is chlorinated with hydrogen chlorine in the presence of tolulene.

3.  The resulting 4-PAS is heated in the presence of methyl isobutyl ketone and acetic acid.

4.  The resulting 6-PAS is chlorinated with thionyl chloride in the presence of toluene and benzyltriethylammonium chloride.

5.  The resulting TOSPA is treated with methanol in the presence of sodium methoxide to produce sucralose.”  (Note that methanol, wood alcohol aka paint remover,  is one of the questionable ingredients in aspartame.)

In addition, the bags and packets of Splenda commercially available are not pure sucralose.  They also contain bulking agents.  All artificial sweeteners use bulking agents.  Do you know what they use?  Sugar.  Dextrose, sucrose, and maltodextrin.  (Maltodextrin is corn syrup solids composed primarily from fructose and glucose in a starch form.)   All sweetener packets are at least 96 percent sugar.  Splenda is 99% sugar.

#7 StanG

• 71 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:02 PM

When Splenda first came out, I did some research on it and found out that the compound was formulated on the opposite side that sugar was on so it simply passed right through your body. If it weren't, it would have a calorie count but it has no calories. It is not the same as taking the sugars you mention above. If you can find reliable evidence that contradicts what I've said, I would like to see it.

#8 Oakman

Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:17 PM

When Splenda first came out, I did some research on it and found out that the compound was formulated on the opposite side that sugar was on so it simply passed right through your body. If it weren't, it would have a calorie count but it has no calories. It is not the same as taking the sugars you mention above. If you can find reliable evidence that contradicts what I've said, I would like to see it.

You can find the information you lack virtually everywhere on the internet. For example...from Wikipedia....

The energy content of a single-serving (1 g packet) of Splenda is 3.36 kcal, which is 31% of a single-serving (2.8 g packet) of granulated sugar (10.8 kcal).[9] In the United States, it is legally labelled "zero calories";[9] U.S. FDA regulations allow this "if the food contains less than 5 Calories per reference amount customarily consumed and per labeled serving".[10] 3.2 packets (3.36 kcal each) of Splenda contain the same caloric content as one packet of sugar (10.8 kcal). Further, Splenda contains a relatively small amount of sucralose, little of which is metabolized; virtually all of Splenda's caloric content derives from the dextrose or highly fluffed maltodextrin "bulking agents" that give Splenda its volume. Like other carbohydrates, dextrose and maltodextrin have 3.75 kcal per gram."

• Informative x 1

#9 StanG

• 71 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:47 PM

Thanks for the info! It's so nice to know how well our agencies designed to inform us DON'T!  What I said about Sucrose should still hold true and now the whole thing makes more sense.

Edited by StanG, 15 August 2019 - 04:49 PM.

#10 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:57 AM

Pretty cool to know there are more options

I've previously enjoyed some benefit from xylitol in various forms, seems to if nothing else soothe the mouth (had issues like chemical/physical irritation/damage on gums due to oral tobacco, mild bacterial infection, and a bit of gum inflammation)

I see that it's even available here in Sweden at apotea. https://www.apotea.se/sukrin-500-g  I used to order these giant bags of Xylitol years ago but the shipping got insanely expensive order from the UK to Sweden, so that's nice.

Edited by Keizo, 16 August 2019 - 01:59 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xylitol, erythritol, dental health

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users