My rehab/detox Aug 8th-14th

rehab detox dopamine adderall amphetamine

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:28 PM

My wife and kids are flying back home for 7 days to visit family. I decided this is the best time for me to finally be able to get clean. I never needed amphetamines but my doctor gave them to me because he said “you might have ADHD.” 4+ years later and I’ve been hooked. Lately I picked up some bad habits like cigarette smoking the past month. I am now on Lexapro and Abilify so things are starting to look better. With my wife and toddlers around it’s impossible to rehab but this is a great opportunity. I own my own business so I’m going to have an employee work those days. The first few days I’m thinking I’m going to just sleep as much as possible and the rest the time I’m going to just relax and watch TV( movies that make me laugh and music I enjoy )and eat. Try and get a little sun possibly a little exercise if im able. Not a diet that’s strict but lots of healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, proteins, etc. (try to limit sugar and caffeine.) As of now I take anywhere from 40-80mg total amphetamines per day. Over the next 4 weeks I plan to slowly taper and get down to around 20-30mg and stop on the 8th. As most of you know I take a long list of supplements. I’m wondering if you have any advice what I can do to make the seven day process better. I’m thinking I definitely should include Jiaogulan as it should help restore my entire dopamine system. I typically don’t take NALT because the effects are minimal when using amphetamines but I’m thinking I should add that as well during the process. I take a ton of supplements even though I cut them in half it’s still around 40 but they all seem to have their place . Let me know if you have any other advice. Thank you

Jiaogulan 45% Gypenosides yeilding 370mg/day(or should I use more?)

Phosphatidylserine 800mg/day(1/2 scoop CortiSolve)
DL-Phenylalanine 500mg 2x/day
NALT 350mg 2x/day
CBD 25mg/day(GetZen Organic Coconut Oil CBD isolate)
magnesium l threonate Magtein 2010mg night
Eph/dha oil 3G 2x daily(Nutrabio)
Astaxanthin 15mg/day
Panax Ginseng
Siberian Eleuthero
Resveratrol
Vitamin C complex 2g 2x/day(vitaminshoppe)
VitE complex 400iu/day(solgar)
D3 10,000iu day(vitaminshoppe)
NA-RALA 125mg 2x/day (doctors best)
ALCAR 500mg 2x/day
MitoQ 10mg/day
cycloastragenol 25mg/day
PQQ 20mg/day
Selenium 100mcg/day 3-4 days/wk
NAC 600mg/day
b-12 5000mcg/day(jarrow)
(B6) P-5-P 25mg/day
L-Methylfolate
Free Acid HMB 1g 2x/day
Shilajit Fulvic Acid 250mg/day(Jarrow)
Taurine 2-3g/day
Gastrodin 300mg/day
VSL#3 probiotic 1/day
Tru Niagen 250mg 2x/day
Creatine Monohydrate 5-10g/day

Night:
300mcg Melatonin/night
Skullcap(baicalensis) version.
200-400mg L-Theanine
15mg transdermal Pregnenolone
30mg transdermal DHEA
I’m on HRT so I don’t have to worry about testosterone and HGH.

Debating supplements?
Catuaba
Babchi
Ginkgo biloba
Vinpocetine
Inositol

Don’t want to add any dopamine antagonists as that would just further hold progression. Possibly thinking of adding Memantine but not sure if that would do any good while being of amphetamines?

Maybe add Tempol? KB220z

Edited by John250, 05 July 2018 - 11:20 PM.

#2 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:17 AM

Some additional suggestions:

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:42 PM

<p>

Some additional suggestions:

Thanks. Just ordered Tributyrin. Never heard of it. I have Free acid HBM to add as well. Got UMP too. I live in Southern California so I’m in the sun a lot which prevent me from using 9-me but it does look good. I’d rather wait for a little more research. I mainly interested in supplements to “restore” dopamine so that looks like a good one too.

#4 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:41 PM

I’m thinking bpc-157 Will be a great addition well I’m actually “off“ the amphetamines.

#5 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:29 PM

Well guys tomorrow is D-Day. Wish me luck!
  • like x 1

#6 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:51 AM

Why do you take amphetamine because a docter says you might have ADHD? Do you suffer from other mental health issues? Dexamphetamine togheter with memantine has therapeutic potential for conditions like social anxiety, or did you just take as a cognitive enhancer or something?

If there is an underlying problem its important you find a differened way to adress that as otherwise detox might not be succesfull.

#7 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:39 AM

How did your detox go? Feeling better yet?

#8 chris85

• 34 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:42 PM

This is a crazy amount of supplements, probably not what your body is looking for.

#9 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

How did your detox go? Feeling better yet?

I didn’t make it lol
So on the 7th my last dose was at around 4pm. The next day I slept pretty much all day and that night was rough. I thought I would just be tired but my family was gone(which I thought would help) but the House was so quiet I started getting anxiety and really bad thoughts and felt like I was going crazy. I went outside for a walk and took a Xanax to calm down. I slept and woke up the next day feeling tired. Slept most the day till around 2-3pm woke up and said fuck this and took a Vyvanse. I had no idea I was going to be so depressed from this and I think a big part was because my family was gone and I was all alone. I talked to my Dr and he said he wants me to stick with the Vyvanse but take no Adderall or Dexedrine mid day like I normally do. So it’s been about 10 days now since I’ve just had my Vyvanse and no amps mid day. Depression is gone but lethargy is obviously still here(as expected) I found myself taking around 10-20mg Oxy/day now almost like I had to replace one drug with another which is the last thing I want. If I had to be hooked to something I’d prefer amps as they are safer than opiates,benzo’s, alcohol,etc... I have an appt with my Dr. Tomorrow to discuss other options like maybe Wellbutrin or something.

Edited by John250, 20 August 2018 - 03:50 PM.

#10 Zed

• 36 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:09 AM

I didn’t make it lol
... I have an appt with my Dr. Tomorrow to discuss other options like maybe Wellbutrin or something.

With respect can I suggest a psychologist.

Your quack is obviously not helping you apart from some lack luster attempts at harm minimization. Does he/she know the crap load of stuff that you are on? Individually - the items in your "stack"  are all fine - collectively they are a crap load. I mean seriously mate you are on HRT AND AMPS and you have all these supps ?

Atleast if you took benzos you would be so chillled you wouldn't be taking and flushing all this expensive stuff down the drain. I am willing to bet if you are on HRT + AMPs you have no idea what half the stuff you take ACTUALLY does to you in a felt experiential way - sure you may know the studies , receptors hit blah blah but how does it make you feel - with so much going on it would be impossible to pin down - specially since you have no way to get to a normal baseline to begin with ( ie stop everything cold turkey ..have a washout ..reintroduce stuff one by one.) I bet even the thought of doing that sends shivers down you.

Listen I am having a go at you and I do apologize - but I think you need a wake up call rather than more people enabling your neurotism with even more exotic supplements to try - I mean "TRI - Frigging - Butyrin" (complete with an amazon affiliate link) - jeez just eat Ghee converted by gut bacteria to butyric acid(an HDAC inhibitor) . 

Man seriously - you get more pro-life noots with just ONE smile from someone you really connect with than all the mematine (antagonizing the NMDA receptors ) stacked with Mexibar (stimulating serotonin) modulated by Bromocriptine (agonizing DA) and ritalin (blocking its re-uptake).  Look don't get me wrong there is a place for all these supps and probably in the quantities that you are taking it - properly stacked and cycled for tolerance etc . BUT when you are frigging addicted to AMPS and getting HRT then geez you are only fooling yourself that there is this magic bullet ( this shiny new undiscovered supplement )  that is going to make the new you.

HINT - you are looking at the wrong place and doing everything in your power to avoid looking at the yawning gaping hole of meaningful contact and life purpose. Clue - you fell to pieces when you were ALONE ...so yeah lets ignore that and just fill up the horror with more supps - Ginko anyone ? - maybe Rhioliolo rosa ? or Maca, Catuaba ? ..I know Fungi Lionsmane !!! it stims NGF..or Turkeys tail ..Cordyseps - yeah for its VO2 max benefits ..haha...ALL true ofcourse - all have their place ..but when you go to pieces coz you are ALONE - you deal with that first .
See a counselor - start with baby steps -talk about your childhood , your fears , your pains , cry and face those demons together. No quick fix ..but recognize you need a real persons help to taper off - not a shiny new pill. And when you get to the stage when you can put away all these noots (specially AMPS) for even three  to four days AND be alone ..then you can start to reintroduce stuff one by one and know that they really are having a effect.
Just telling you how I see it  - cheers mate!

• Well Written x 1

#11 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 11:03 AM

^Good advice above.

Overall a week of detox seems simply too short to come off years of drug use. You're gonna need a wise taper-off plan and proper resources to live a life free of amphetamines. Maybe consider switching to milder stimulant for some time and consider some anti-addiction protocols. Replacing amphetamines with opioids is NOT the solution.

#12 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2018 - 03:39 PM

With respect can I suggest a psychologist.

Your quack is obviously not helping you apart from some lack luster attempts at harm minimization. Does he/she know the crap load of stuff that you are on? Individually - the items in your "stack" are all fine - collectively they are a crap load. I mean seriously mate you are on HRT AND AMPS and you have all these supps ?

Atleast if you took benzos you would be so chillled you wouldn't be taking and flushing all this expensive stuff down the drain. I am willing to bet if you are on HRT + AMPs you have no idea what half the stuff you take ACTUALLY does to you in a felt experiential way - sure you may know the studies , receptors hit blah blah but how does it make you feel - with so much going on it would be impossible to pin down - specially since you have no way to get to a normal baseline to begin with ( ie stop everything cold turkey ..have a washout ..reintroduce stuff one by one.) I bet even the thought of doing that sends shivers down you.

Listen I am having a go at you and I do apologize - but I think you need a wake up call rather than more people enabling your neurotism with even more exotic supplements to try - I mean "TRI - Frigging - Butyrin" (complete with an amazon affiliate link) - jeez just eat Ghee converted by gut bacteria to butyric acid(an HDAC inhibitor) .

Man seriously - you get more pro-life noots with just ONE smile from someone you really connect with than all the mematine (antagonizing the NMDA receptors ) stacked with Mexibar (stimulating serotonin) modulated by Bromocriptine (agonizing DA) and ritalin (blocking its re-uptake). Look don't get me wrong there is a place for all these supps and probably in the quantities that you are taking it - properly stacked and cycled for tolerance etc . BUT when you are frigging addicted to AMPS and getting HRT then geez you are only fooling yourself that there is this magic bullet ( this shiny new undiscovered supplement ) that is going to make the new you.

HINT - you are looking at the wrong place and doing everything in your power to avoid looking at the yawning gaping hole of meaningful contact and life purpose. Clue - you fell to pieces when you were ALONE ...so yeah lets ignore that and just fill up the horror with more supps - Ginko anyone ? - maybe Rhioliolo rosa ? or Maca, Catuaba ? ..I know Fungi Lionsmane !!! it stims NGF..or Turkeys tail ..Cordyseps - yeah for its VO2 max benefits ..haha...ALL true ofcourse - all have their place ..but when you go to pieces coz you are ALONE - you deal with that first .
See a counselor - start with baby steps -talk about your childhood , your fears , your pains , cry and face those demons together. No quick fix ..but recognize you need a real persons help to taper off - not a shiny new pill. And when you get to the stage when you can put away all these noots (specially AMPS) for even three to four days AND be alone ..then you can start to reintroduce stuff one by one and know that they really are having a effect.
Just telling you how I see it - cheers mate!

No man it’s cool I can respect constructive criticism. I have a Psychiatrist and I just started seeing a therapist for DBT. I’m trying to take whatever drugs have the least side effects as possible. Bromocriptine would just result and dopamine with drawl symptoms after cessation of use. Memantine I’m going to try again as it’s at least neuroprotective. I’m actually about to see my therapist in the next hour I’m going to go over my drug seeking behavior and addictive personality. A lot of my drug seeking behavior started when I open my own nutrition store. During the day about 75% of the time it’s very slow and then gets really busy the last three hours. During the downtime when I’m just sitting there I find that I always need to be in an altered state so I think about when I can take to feel a certain way, etc.

Edited by John250, 21 August 2018 - 03:54 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 XenMan

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

I’m actually about to see my therapist in the next hour I’m going to go over my drug seeking behavior and addictive personality.

Nice work and all the best.

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) from a psychologist is very constructive, if you can learn to self CBT it is a useful skill for the rest of your life. Your DBT sounds similar and will allow you to change your life.

It is harder to work your mind than push metal, but the skills translate.

Edited by XenMan, 21 August 2018 - 04:01 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rehab, detox, dopamine, adderall, amphetamine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users