- - - - -

LCarnitine Hypothyroid?

carnitine thyroid

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:53 AM

Want to use this as a fat burner/mitochondrial enhancer but worried about the thyroid angle.

Anyone have any knowledge about this? Anyone use it/recommend a dose?

Thank you.

#2 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:58 AM

Not sure about the thyroid but with l-carnitine absorption is the issue. GBB greatly enhances the effect in absorption of the fat burning properties of l-carnitine.

https://adaptogensci...ine-3000-liquid

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 YOLF

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:11 PM

Looks like it's beneficial, at least in the l-Carnitine form for patients with hypothyroidism. The translation (the trial was Korean) might not be the best here, but it is more than likely that rather than counteracting each others effects, they are restoring functions which increase the excretion of the other.

Taking another look at the TMAO fears, I imagine that as overweight people with atherosclerosis  who lose weight also see a reduction in plaque owing to a reduction of demand for endogenous cardiovascular health agents (whatever spectrum of known and unknowns that might be). So even if one was to see a rise in plaques, they would eventually see a reduction of plaque from better overall health. If you're young enough, you could expect to see a complete reversal of any accumulated plaques if you keep the weight off. There are several supplements that have been shown to, or which are claimed to reduce plaques, even if more expensive conventional medicine can't. I remember seeing a formulation of malic acid and EDTA in particular. Bromelain infusions are said to work as well

#4 experimenting

• Topic Starter
  • 639 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 09:20 PM

Did we ever get a conclusion on this?

People claim Carnitine makes them feel sluggish and puffy, but that might not be scientific.

I do like it for its fat burning abilities but wouldn’t want to mess with thyroid longer term.

Edited by experimenting, 12 February 2021 - 09:20 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2021 - 10:04 AM

I dont think taking more than needed is gonna help in most cases. People dont care about their health until its too late.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: carnitine, thyroid

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users