• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

I desperately need help with this brainfog..

help support brainfog condition life destroying

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RAkniv

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:52 PM

Hey y'all.

For anyone that saw the introduction, my name is Rejel, and i have been a long-time sufferer of brainfog. I have signed up to this forum in a last stand to see if i can fix this, as i am getting tired of letting every day pass where i have to tirelessly fill my head with distractions because brainfog has made it so its impossible to do anything constructive, when that is all i want to do.. For any brain-fog sufferers that are long-term, you can relate to my struggle of actually explaining these symptoms, as they are so normal in your life you can no longer identify what is wrong since you forget what "normal" is, you just know you don't feel how you are supposed too. I am also here in hopefully achieving the goal of managing to help somebody else suffering as much as i have.. so that they could take the advice or steps to fix that hopefully are posted here.

I experience anhedonia also, which i currently relate to having masturbated for several years. Having said this, before going any further, i believe it is important to know that a parent figure of mine suffers from bipolar. To make this more readable i will compile a list of DAILY symptoms below, followed by weekly/irregular if i can think of any. I am prone to miss some information out also. I will also list what i have tried and to what degree i have tried them.

DAILY SYMPTOMS

• Nausea
  • Head clouded
  • Head pressured
  • Migraine/Headache
  • Feeling detached from reality
  • Dizzy
  • Dead
  • Emptiness
  • Irregular Heartbeat
  • Like i don't know where my knowledge comes from
  • Like i don't understand what i look at, although somehow i know
  • Memory loss (can forget a few hours ago)
  • Issue recalling basic things
  • As if im drained from blood (causes me to collapse on the bed) (NOT ALWAYS)

What have i tried?

1. Persistent Sleeping Schedule (still keep it)
  2. Only eat when i need to eat (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
  3. Meditation (didn't try this for long)
  4. Stopping Masturbation (did this for 3 months at some point and am not remembering a change)
  5. Eating things with no gluten in (this is recent)
  6. Ensuring i keep low stress levels (had high stress due to anxiety previously)
  7. Not over-working my brain by occupying it with low-level tasks and activities (games, etc.)

And with all this, i sit here and don't feel any different. I'd love if anyone was able to help me or diagnose me, i am open to giving more information, i just don't want to clutter this post with potentially unnecessary information. Thank you.

Edited by 11625349, 19 July 2018 - 01:58 PM.

#2 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:02 PM

First thing I would do is see if it is acetylcholine related. Take 300mg AlphaGpc. It has a short half-life. If you feel better then you know it’s in acetylcholine situation. If you feel worse than it could still be acetylcholine related and you need smaller doses.

Next up I would test glutamate. Take high doses of Magnesium as it will help lower excess glutamate to see if that’s your issue. If it makes you feel worse you may need more glutamate so try taking Noopept.
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:16 AM

There is a bunch of studies on how exessive internet use can negatively affect memory, and attention span. Video games, music, phone and computer usage cause over stimulation to your brain. Do activities like reading books or going camping in nature, and your symptoms will quickly improve (time depends on how deep in you are). 

Edited by Deaden, 20 July 2018 - 04:08 AM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#4 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:58 AM

Our brain wires itself according to its environment. Life is so much more than staying behind a screen, and its no wonder mental illness has sky rocketed in the last century since this newly born shallow lifestyle of over stimulation from excessive internet use came in place. Its also related to your anhedonic symptoms, but no need to try and use neurology or genetic research to make this conclusion. I'll give you an example, simple idea, nonetheless very true... When you were a kid, maybe you played call of duty or pokemon...? (or whatever pleasurable activity) You probably noticed then, that coming back from a long day at school, your first hour of playing whatever video game is the most enjoyable, but then if you kept playing for hours, it becomes less and less stimulating. Even more so if you just binged video games all weekend, gets boring. Then going back to class after a weekend of partying or playing would be even more under stimulating than it was before, but after a while you're slowly resetting your tolerance to school, and more enjoyable activities. It's the same for music, alchohol... or drugs. The longer you work at immersing yourself in reality and doing "boring activities", the more you're resetting tolerance and will begin to enjoy "boring" again. When you reach that point, partying may be euphoric. Your brain fog will get better at the same time. 

By the way concerning music, regardless if you listen to a sad or happy song, you can only go so far at forcing those emotions with the stimulation it provides if you don't have much to be happy or sad about. Someone that spends his day thinking about how his wife died, or how much he loves her, will have it much easier for him to induce emotions with music than someone that spends his day being over analytic, not really being immersed in real life events.

Stress, over stimulation, drugs. Avoid.

You can take a look at those links for now...

https://www.reddit.c...in_fog_lifting/

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3220824/

Edited by Deaden, 20 July 2018 - 04:18 AM.

• Informative x 1

#5 RAkniv

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

I appreciate all of your responses, and would like to introduce some interesting and previously neglected factors.

I am not a big fan of the idea of taking medication to help me, as i'd prefer doing things naturally.

In addition, i believe this issue is down to eating, i eat a very healthy diet of fruit, rice, meats, etc. with occasional "treats" but i feel most better in the mornings and i have concluded this down to the fact that when i woke up i would have gone without food for 9+ hours.

Of course, this leaves me in a difficult spot since i can't not eat for a whole day or two, and doing so regardless would introduce potentially similar symptoms.

I am stuck, and no doctor is going to be able to understand this since i am incapable of explaining it to a understandable capacity.

I am beginning to feel hopeless, having had to deal with this for years, and it's so debilitating.

I am to the point where i have considered suicide, but that isn't an option for me, and i am left struggling every single day, and i can't even cry.

#6 RAkniv

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:32 PM

Our brain wires itself according to its environment. Life is so much more than staying behind a screen, and its no wonder mental illness has sky rocketed in the last century since this newly born shallow lifestyle of over stimulation from excessive internet use came in place. Its also related to your anhedonic symptoms, but no need to try and use neurology or genetic research to make this conclusion. I'll give you an example, simple idea, nonetheless very true... When you were a kid, maybe you played call of duty or pokemon...? (or whatever pleasurable activity) You probably noticed then, that coming back from a long day at school, your first hour of playing whatever video game is the most enjoyable, but then if you kept playing for hours, it becomes less and less stimulating. Even more so if you just binged video games all weekend, gets boring. Then going back to class after a weekend of partying or playing would be even more under stimulating than it was before, but after a while you're slowly resetting your tolerance to school, and more enjoyable activities. It's the same for music, alchohol... or drugs. The longer you work at immersing yourself in reality and doing "boring activities", the more you're resetting tolerance and will begin to enjoy "boring" again. When you reach that point, partying may be euphoric. Your brain fog will get better at the same time. 

By the way concerning music, regardless if you listen to a sad or happy song, you can only go so far at forcing those emotions with the stimulation it provides if you don't have much to be happy or sad about. Someone that spends his day thinking about how his wife died, or how much he loves her, will have it much easier for him to induce emotions with music than someone that spends his day being over analytic, not really being immersed in real life events.

Stress, over stimulation, drugs. Avoid.

You can take a look at those links for now...

https://www.reddit.c...in_fog_lifting/

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3220824/

Thank you for the links, and the advice.. i'll see what i can do..

#7 Pereise1

• 57 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:39 PM

What you're describing sounds strikingly similar to how I was at the worst of my mold symptoms. Have you ruled out mold/Lyme/other environmental illnesses?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#8 Krocius

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

I've recentely found sun exposure helps a lot with my brain fog. Also i have the same pattern of brain fog worsening after eating. Sun has helped with that too. hopefuly effect will sustain itself after i'll expose myself to the sunlight heavily for couple of weeks. You may be hypothyroid so check your thyroid hormones levels along with TSH. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, support, brainfog, condition, life destroying

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users